WoW Hotfixes - Updated January 23

Can’t for the life of me understand why that wasn’t done in the same time as AA and RLP. They are the same kind of effect… but good fix.

1 Like

THANK YOU!

Glad to see this was indeed bugged and not intentional.

but can you fix soul swap being on a 30 second cooldown on 10.0.5 ptr?

that isn’t intended…

The communication (or lack thereof) on soul swap and doubletap is really puzzling. The notes given on the soul swap change appear to be either intentionally misleading or just wrong, in terms of how the ability actually functions on the PTR. Since no notes have been given since, players are left to wonder if they’re really just nerfing soul swap or if it’s just bugged. It would be one thing if we were in the beginning of a PTR cycle, but we are at the very end.

Doubletap is equivalent to bladestorm, shadow dance, storm earth fire, etc. to marks hunter in arena, and is just being flat removed. The talent replacing it looks like it should be a placeholder, actually adding no mechanical or numerical value to the spec. While doubletap is polarizing in pvp, it’s definitely a core/iconic ability for the spec, and they’re replacing that active ability with a passive. With no note or explanation on this, players are just left to guess why you’re doing it and hope that you at least notice how bad the spec is outside of doubletap gos and do something to shore that up.

When you fail on communication, it makes your players stop trusting you. We all understand that tuning, buffs, and nerfs happen. Abilities come and go. You’ve made promises to us about communication so that we can plan our time and energy accordingly. Idk, its just bad.

What the devs are doing to hunter in dragonflight is killing part of the game for me. Removing double tap and replacing with a very minor buff to cd isnt ok when they are the most squish class in the game in pvp. Hunters are the least played spec in the game in rss and they are nerfing them hard… just delete the class if you hate them so much

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

January 19, 2023

Dungeons and Raids

• Stratholme
    • When zoning into Stratholme from the exterior world, players now have access to all of the dungeon’s bosses instead of the two-wing Looking For Dungeon counterparts.
4 Likes

Does this mean you’ll be sending the 6 badges out to players that did the day 1 and day 2 dailies on H+ and didn’t get the Satchel?

When are you going to hotfix soul swap bug on ptr?

it unintentionally has 30 second cooldown on the ptr

Given up asking if totemic surge will ever do what it says it does.

so this (Strath) is gonna be one of next seasons M+ rotation???

Oh Man would that be sweet

(i was replying to thread not “leadhead” not sure why it replied to you just fyi)

this is said about the WRONG CLASS. this needs to be said about rogues. Where are the rogue utility and control NERFS?!?!?!

annnnnnnnd…Rivendare’s Charger available maybe in M+ version?

Dh-went from 1636 rating to 1378 solo que any other Dhs feeling the nerf? i am 421ilvl and feeling it i use my stuns and prison on healers and i coordinate who to kill and interrupt and have the right talent build and stat priority.

Hey all! Here are today’s hotfixes.

January 23, 2023

Dungeons and Raids

• Algeth’ar Academy
    • Vexamus
      • Fixed an issue allowing players to line of sight Mana Bombs and Arcane Fissure.
  • Mythic+
    • Affixes
      • Thundering
        • Mark of Wind now prefers tank specialized players.
          • Developers’ note: We’ve heard the feedback from players that safely removing their mark on tank players can be overly dangerous in many situations. Tank players will still have the option of being involved in removing Marks of Lightning, but we believe this change will offer players increased flexibility in terms of how they choose to approach the affix.
    • Halls of Valor
      • Olmyr’s and Solsten’s health reduced by 25%.
      • Valarjar Aspirant health reduced 20%.
      • Valarjar Marksman health reduced by 10%.
      • Valajar Purifier health reduced by 20%.
      • The health of the four kings found in Odyn’s throne room has been reduced by 20%.
      • Valajar Champion’s no longer use Enraged Regeneration.
      • Ebonclaw Worg no longer use Ferocious Bite.
      • God-King Skovald
        • Is now less verbose when stating his claim to the Aegis of Aggramar.
      • Hyrja
        • Health reduced by 10%.
      • Fenryr
        • Health reduced by 10%.
        • Ravenous Leap bleed effect now has a 30 second duration (Was infinite).
      • Odyn
        • The periodic damage on Runic Brand has been reduced by 20%.
    • The Nokhud Offensive
      • Balakar Khan
        • Nokhud Stormcaster health reduced by 20%.
        • Balakar Khan’s Static Spear prefers not to target the same player for subsequent casts.
        • Balakar Khan’s Static Spear area of effect damage reduced by 30%.
      • Teera and Maruuk
        • Ancestral Bond is now applied when Teera and Maruuk are 15 yards apart. (was 10 yards).
    • Vault of the Incarnates
      • Broodkeeper Diurna
        • Reduced the base damage on Stoneslam Detonation by 63%. This will reduce the need to bring only tank-specialization classes that can avoid the effect by being immune to it.

Items and Rewards

• Fixed an issue with Darkmoon Deck: Dance where the cast was bouncing more or less than intended for certain cards.
  • Fixed an issue with Darkmoon Decks where players would sometimes not be granted a Card after the cooldown had completed.
  • Fixed an issue where, if a player lost their Spiteful Storm Aura, all players also using the trinket on the same target would lose their auras as well.
2 Likes

man those are HUGE HoV nerfs! I was expecting like 2-3 mins added to the timer but this is way more intense

1 Like

May still need a timer adjustment, time will tell. lol.

But these look good.

AV next!

Uncap valor please one upgrade a week is not cool

6 Likes

im curious to see if it needs it after these, time will tell

nerf SMBG 1st boss add HP

nerf add spawn rate on 2nd boss in Azure Vaults

nerf temple 3rd boss tank buster

NERF SMBG? What kind of a joke is that my friend? The key is literally free, highest key being pushed, 0 punishment for wipes. You don’t need nerfs on that key at all. The only key now that I still believe is bad is RLP, 2nd boss is just way too much at once.

3 Likes