WoW Hotfixes - January 8

please blizzard help rest shaman pvp we cant heal like druid or spriest please buff rest shaman

Here are today’s hotfixes for Dragonflight:

November 29, 2023

Classes

• Evoker
    • Augmentation
      • Fixed an issue that made it possible for Sands of Time to fail to extend Ebon Might.

Dungeons

• The Everbloom
    • Lady Baihu and her Kirin Tor Battle-Mages no longer trigger on-death affix effects in Mythic Keystone difficulty.

Items

• PvP Class set items that were obtained from the Great Vault or converted at the Revival Catalyst and were previously on the Veteran track should now be using the Champion track.

WoW’s 19th Anniversary

• Emeriss and Lethon’s Aura of Nature debuff now deals significantly less damage.

Chromie stuck channeling on Blight of Galakrond is still happening. Just had it a few minutes ago.

Trying to login since 6am with no luck. The format for support won’t let me even submit a ticket.

Is PVP balance on the radar?

November 30, 2023

Dungeons and Raids

• Black Rook Hold
    • Addressed an issue where Shadowbolt Volley debuff from Dantalionax can linger on players after he is defeated.
  • Court of Stars
    • Fixed an issue where Gerenth the Vile’s Hypnosis Bat was incorrectly being cast on non-keystone difficulties.
  • Dawn of the Infinite
    • Resolved an issue where players could incidentally enter combat with Chronaxis and/or Pendule enemies while on the traversal paths.

Items

• Fixed an issue allowing Smoldering Seedling to sometimes heal for more than intended.
  • Fixed an issue where Ouroboreal Necklet would not trigger Ruby Serpent’s Ward from Acid Rain damage.

Player versus Player

• Crests earned from rated PvP activities have been increased in tier for many ranks.
    • Whelpling crests are now only earned from Combatant 1 end-of-match activity (was Combatant 1 and Combatant 2).
    • Drake crests are now earned from Combatant 2, Challenger 1, and Challenger 2 end-of-match activity (was Challenger 1, Challenger 2, Rival 1, and Rival 2).
    • Wyrm crests are now earned from Rival 1 and Rival 2 end-of-match activity (was Duelist).
    • Aspect crests are now earned from Duelist and Elite end-of-match activity (was Elite only).
  • Flightstone earnings from rated PvP have increased.
    • Rated BG wins now award 45 Flightstones (was 35).
    • Rated BG losses now award 20 Flightstones (was 15).
    • Arena 2v2 wins now award 15 Flightstones (was 10).
    • Arena 3v3 wins now award 15 Flightstones (was 10).
    • Solo Shuffle wins now award 45 Flightstones (was 35).
    • Solo Shuffle losses now award 15 Flightstones (was 10).

World

• Jewelcrafting
    • Fixed an issue that prevented crafted statues from being placed in the Emerald Dream and Zaralek Cavern.
2 Likes

Cool, can you do the same thing for Enchanters and Elemental Shatter? I tried to shatter a Awakened Order to do a rank 3 Sophic Devotion for a guild member while in the new raid and was prompted with an error message saying I needed to be in the Dragon Isles.

You guys need to redesign Temporal Warp, buff Time Anomaly, or aura buff every mage spec. Please and thank you.

1 Like

still no comp stomp, sigh

Hey everyone! Here are today’s hotfixes to Dragonflight:

December 1, 2023

Dungeons and Raids

• Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope
    • Fyrakk
      • Resolved an issue causing Fyrakk to become unlootable if killed during Shadowflame Devastation in Stage Two.
      • Resolved an issue causing Fyrakk’s energy bar to increase too quickly in Stage Three on Mythic difficulty.
  • Dawn of the Infinite: Galakrond’s Fall
    • Iridikron
      • Timeline Transcendence’s 100% damage increase now also increases the damage of an affected player’s pets and summons even if they are not within Chromie’s bubble.
      • Timeline Transcendence no longer applies onto pets or summons.
  • The Everbloom
    • Ancient Protectors
      • The visual effect for Dhulu’s Noxious Discharge have been updated.
  • Waycrest Manor
    • Addressed an issue where Soulbound Goliath’s Soul Thorns ability will fail on shapeshifted players.

Items

• Augury of the Primal Flame proc rate increased by 50% and damage decreased by 33%.
    • Developers’ note: While this change should not impact the trinket’s expected performance, we hope that a more consistent proc rate will reduce its overall variance.
  • Blossom of Amirdrassil’s effects increased by 10%.
  • Belor’relos, the Suncaller self-damage increased by 20%.
  • Fixed an issue where Branch of the Tormented Ancient would not reset its cooldown upon ending an encounter.
  • Fixed an issue where Gift of Ursine Vengeance stacks would be removed on ally death or mind control.
  • Vaskarn, the dracthyr vendor in the Emerald Dream’s Central Encampment, will now display her crest trade-up items to anyone who has earned the right to purchase them, even if they cannot currently purchase them because they are too close to the cap on the higher-level crest.

Player versus Player

• Removed rank text from all Rated PvP gear, including PvP Class Sets.
    • Developers’ note: This change does not effect item levels or upgrade tracks.
  • Mage
    • Arcane
      • Fixed an issue that caused the Amirdrassil 4-set bonus to not be reduced in PvP combat.
    • Frost
      • Fixed an issue that caused Frost Bomb’s explosion to be prevented by Grounding Totem.
1 Like

I was waiting for Karokta and it spawned. I went to make a group for it and it despawned in like 30 seconds. Super fricking lame!!! Please hot fix this horrible mess back to the way it worked before. I don’t get why they do ridiculous stuff like this! What was broken before this to make the change?

I was waiting for Karokta and it spawned. I went to make a group for it and it despawned in like 30 seconds. Super fricking lame!!! Please hot fix this horrible mess back to the way it worked before. I don’t get why they do ridiculous stuff like this! What was broken before this to make the change?

I think saying the exact same thing once more will better prove your point. Twice wasn’t enough.

This makes my grammar flaming reflexes twitch.

1 Like

December 4, 2023

Classes

• Warlock
    • Demonology
      • Fixed an issue where Soul Strike would sometimes cast multiple times.

Dungeons and Raids

• Throne of the Tides

• Fixed an issue where Mindbender Ghu’sha would prevent players from releasing spirit when defeated.
  • Amirdrassil, the Dream’s Hope

• Tindral Sageswift
      • Fixed an issue where multiple players can benefit from the same Fallen Feather buff.
      • Fixed an issue where Diffuse Magic can cause Tindral to be inflicted with Fiery Growth.
      • Fixed an issue where Dream Essence does not get removed if Tindral finishes casting Supernova during intermission.
      • Ride Along disabled on players with the Fallen Feather debuff on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly maintenance in each region] Seed of Flame duration increased to 5 seconds (was 3 seconds) in phase two on Mythic difficulty.
      • [With weekly maintenance in each region] Falling Star damage reduced by 15% and Fallen Feathers will now spawn around the boss (was spawning behind the boss) on Mythic difficulty.
    • Fyrakk the Blazing [with weekly maintenance in each region]
      • Blaze now hits fewer targets on Mythic difficulty.
      • Fyrakk no longer hits all targets with Aflame when casting Incarnate on Mythic difficulty.
      • Searing Screams damage increase reduced to 100% (was 300%) on Mythic difficulty.
      • Reduced the health of Burning Colossus and Dark Colossus by 15% on Mythic difficulty.

Items

• Fixed an issue where the Shadowflame Rage effect from Fyrakk’s Tainted Rageheart could deal increased self-damage due to damage taken modifiers.

Player versus Player

• Resolved an issue that caused War Mode Supply Drops in the Emerald Dream to occur in the same location repeatedly.

Professions

• Cooking
    • Mages who Conjure Desserts will no longer draw the attention of all hungry creatures within 40 yards.
  • Tailoring
    • Attempting to craft for the Legion quest “Inspire Me!” should no longer result in Invalid Target errors.

Season of Discovery

• Players questing for “The Orb of Soran’ruk” will now find that The Twilight’s Hammer have invaded the shores of The Zoram Strand near Blackfathom Deeps.
    • Developers’ notes: It wasn’t our original intent for discoveries to take you into raid instances. Now, the enemies needed for completion of a pre-requisite quest for a rune are both in the outdoor world and inside the raid.
  • The quest to discover the Earth Shield shaman rune is now properly available to players. (Was previously not visible due to a bug). Happy hunting!
  • Fixed an issue with the Bael Modan Blunderbuss gun item that caused it to only be usable with arrows rather than bullets.
  • Fixed an issue where Sadistic Fiend would not properly reset when players died.
  • Fixed an issue preventing progress on the Priest quest chain “Secrets of Elune”.
  • Fixed an issue where “Allegiance to the Old Gods” quest was not completable while in a raid group.
  • Carendin the Undercity Warlock will now discreetly dispose of any Acolyte’s Notes stuck in warlocks’ bags. He apologizes for the inconvenience.
  • Your bags can now carry multiple filled Supply Shipment crates.
  • Blackfathom Deeps
    • Fixed an issue on Twilight Lord Kelris when players would incorrectly die if they took a Dream Portal while under the effects of the Dream Eater debuff.
1 Like

wait why is this under cooking

I’d prefer mages don’t serve me raw disease-laden food.

1 Like

To be honest, I’m a little disappointed in the change for the warlock rune… Personally i was hyped to have to do a multipart quest that would keep relevance even when the cap is raised. You might call me a rare water totem queest enjoyer. I started with my rogue, and I had so much fun discovering runes i found 7 on my own before i got a single hint or spoiler. When the rogue tanking rune was one of the last to be undiscovered, I thought i had figured out the puzzle, and i hope that this was the original plan… but game design demanded a sacrifice to the rep vendor. It’s called just a fleshwound, and I went to the bridge in karazen specced into riposte expecting to find a black knight i could disarm 4 times. In the spirit of rereleasing retro games and capturing the old spirit, providing additional quality of life improvements to farming as a hotfix is a lot. the complainers who needed to be able to tank going in blind had already looked up guides on how to acquire it and done bfd twice and missed the clues. otherwise good stuff the supply crate issue was very frustrating especially not being able to pickup at least a 2nd if you had banked the first. moreso when i realized what i thought would be my first world first discovery in the parlance of our times was actually just a rep grind.

The problem is and has always been that you can’t carry multiple unfilled crates. Anyone who has played the game has had the same reaction: (1) Pick up a crate “WOW NEW THING? WHAT IS INSIDE” (2) Pick up second crate “OMG ANOTHER ONE! oh, I can only hold one, uhhh what do I do? which do I hold? I can’t complete either of these right now” (3) Pick up a third crate “now this is ridiculous”.

Just make the unfilled crates individually unique so that you can hold one of each and over time gather the materials and crafts. If this is some anti-botting tactic then this is so dumb. If this is a mechanic to slow down reputation gains, that is also dumb, just reduce the rep reward. It is obviously overly restrictive as a result of something and this “hotfix” doesn’t do anything.

This turned something that was for the first minute really cool, new, INNOVATIVE, and fun into something people look at with disgust, all because of the intentional limiting. I’m not a retail player, but if this is what people mean by the “blizzard adds an unnecessarily insane grind each expansion and then reduces the grind each patch until it is what it should’ve been from the start” this is annoying.

2 Likes

Yes… This! Even if you limit it to 3 or something.

Either that or add a turn in at each town/fp. Or mailbox.

Spending the majority of your time traveling instead of playing isn’t fun.

1 Like