WoW Hotfixes - May 7

This did not work. I was standing on top of him and still got knocked back. (Just now)

After the failed mount fix, the increased plunder from chests/non players not being noticeable, and now this, I’m wondering if any of these hotfixes are actually going through.

1 Like

Still NOT fixed…When???
Is the feedback here even being read? So many comments it’s not fixed!!

EDIT: Looks like this is finally fixed

well the garrison monument has not been fixed in about 2 years, so I give this one 5

2 Likes

Nice, good change :+1:

1 Like

Wild that this additional game mode nobody asked for is getting consistent tuning while the normal pvp balance remains in shambles

2 Likes

March 26, 2024

Classes

• Priest
    • Holy
      • Resolved an issue causing Lightwell to be able to use its healing charges on allies that are in immunity effects such as Cyclone.
      • Resolved an issue causing Lightwell to sometimes despawn the Priest’s Shadowfiend when used.

World

• Forbidden Reach
    • A Forbidden Hoard that was inadvertently inaccessible due to having fallen through the floor has been moved to an accessible spot.

Plunderstorm

• Plunder contained in dropped piles of Plunder increased by 50% in Solos matches.
  • Reviving a teammate now takes 10 seconds (was 15 seconds).
  • Health Brew cooldown for a revived player reduced to 10 seconds (was 15 seconds).
  • Adjusted the in-match leveling curve to increase the rate at which you level up to 7. Decreased the rate at which you level to 8, 9, and 10.
    • Developers’ notes: Many games have ended with larger player-level differences than we’d prefer. Considering the many playstyles we’ve seen in Plunderstorm, we want to help narrow the gap later in the game.
  • Earthbreaker now grants the caster immunity to crowd control spells while casting.
  • Faeform no longer provides any damage reduction.
  • Hunter’s Chains’ missile now moves significantly faster.
  • Fire Whirl damage reduced by 20%.
    • Developers’ notes: we want to reign in Fire Whirl’s damage a bit more, so that it’s close to the performance of other offensive spells.
  • Rime Arrow cooldown increased at higher ranks, and now has a cooldown of 10/8.5/7/5.5 seconds (was 10/8/6/4 seconds).
    • Developers’ notes: Rime Arrow’s short cooldown made it a too-low-risk poke, often used to deny healing and chase fleeing targets. Increasing the cooldown at higher ranks will give targets more chances to act against Rime Arrow.
5 Likes

lots of good plunderstorm changes

2 Likes

This is no where near enough plunder rep gain buff. Still way too slow grind. How about daily quest to reward 1 full renown level instead?

4 Likes

These are nice fixes but can we get a change for the Storm Chaser Achievement anytime soon?

1 Like

Still not seeing DK in the patch notes here. Is this another missed piece of information? As fun as the Plunderstorm mode is, how about the changes for the actual game? Still waiting on some form of communication from the Blizzard/Activision/Microsoft team on plans going forward. Not trying to be rude, but some of us feel like we are spinning our wheels wasting time to hope for something that may come.

2 Likes

Need more plunder buffs. Should buff the daily to 2500+ plunder so we can get 1 renown a day from that alone.

3 Likes

Great changes blizzard. But still, 500 of plunder for winning seems really low for winning among 60 players. And more plunder buffs overall, specially after renown 40.

Please, consider buffing more zones, like the troll one with more stuff (small mobs, more treasures and rares). It’s a dead zone there, and lots of other places too.

Also, could you be more specific abound when the event is ending? If it’s with season 4, or the end of this expansion. Would be great to know to farm the 1M plunder feat of strengh.

Btw, pepe is still missing for some reason.

1 Like

I cannot state how big of a deal this change is, it was eating it up almost half of an entire Lightwell on one Cyclone; thank you so much!

1 Like

Can you actually keep that and run with that please? Like can you just combine shadowfiend and lightwell, I don’t want shadowfiend as a holy priest if possible.

2 Likes

Slightly less annoying to grind levels.

Just reskin it to a Lightfiend and spare us from your bad ideas.

I would rather they just delete it, combining it with lightwell doesn’t make sense actually

2 Likes

This is a more like a coldfix which fixes no real problems for me, with this untested game mode:

I don’t really care about spell balancing/tweaking, as long as: If I hit a mob it eventually dies. If I get hit by a player I don’t die.

I don’t play duos, because the other player would only distract me.

The leveling fix is also not a solution. Even if I would reach level 10, I am still a slow player without any PvP skills. I will die encountering a fast level 1 PvP player anytime, unless this player is not chasing me which happens rarely.

Increasing Plunder only shortens the pain, but is not actually helpful.

The only fix, Plunderstorm needs is:
A 60 second PvE timer (+ a 30s landing timer) to complete the quest before anyone can damage any player in PvP!

This could also make PvP more interesting, because having time to prepare, will result in less randomness on how you equip your chartacter.

1 Like

Adjusted the in-match leveling curve to increase the rate at which you level up to 7. Decreased the rate at which you level to 8, 9, and 10.

This might help closing the gap in the late game (but I think a better way would be to reduce the ability power increase from character levels), but is causing more ridiculous/frustrating situations in the early game. When someone lands on a spot with an Elite, 3-4 gold chests, and some standard creatures, they are Level 4 or even 5 within seconds… while players nearby barely made it to Level 2. :smiley:

2 Likes

No, the existing Plunderstorm game modes should not be changed for people who don’t want to PvP. Battle Royale = get good or get farmed (or don’t play).