WoW Hotfixes – Updated May 27

• Fixed an issue where the map markers for rares would continue to appear after already being looted for the day.

Why is this change happening? I thought you would be able to loot rares you already looted infinitely, and I’ve been able to get rewards for repeat kills, albeit less. Is that NOT intentional?

Definitely blizzard you don’t care the Feral’s situation or you are too lazy to read all forums or quotes where the community is telling to you… your customer service is a shame

Of course you fix it AFTER I miss timer because of that bug and of course the one ability reseting it was on our tank so we had to kill them without him… luckily we had a warlock that could use voidwalker.

(We thought it was him reseting it, not an ability.)

Here is a novel idea,how about the reputation commendations actually apply the rep it says. I have looted plenty of them and no rep is added and no, there are no items in bags for it either.
I swear this expac is starting to make even BFA look good. I am beyond fed up with bugged quests and running around in circles for rep and … anima.

• Mage
    • Fixed an issue where Radiant Spark (Kyrian Ability) could not be dispelled from the player.

Thank you – can this bug be addressed next?

Here is today’s hotfix update:

FEBRUARY 25, 2022

Classes

• Druid
    • Fixed an issue where Ravenous Frenzy (Venthyr Ability) was not always correctly adding stacks.
  • Warrior
    • Arms
      • Fixed an issue with Warbreaker (Talent) not always properly applying the Colossus Smash effect to enemies.

Creatures and NPCs

• Fixed an issue where Gluttonous Overgrowth’s Leaf Storm increased player’s movement speed instead of reducing it.

Items and Rewards

• Instructor’s Divine Bell now always provides its Mastery over 15 seconds (was 9 seconds).
    • Developers’ note: This fixes an issue where existing versions of this trinket used a different duration than new versions.
  • With next week’s scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, several Shadowlands dungeon trinkets will be adjusted:
    • Soulletting Ruby critical strike rating granted reduced by 15%.
      • Developers note: Phial of Putrefaction, Soulletting Ruby, and Blood-Spattered Scale were part of a trifectra of dungeon trinkets that were overbudgeted enough that each new tier of item level scaling ensured they’d be among the best, if not the best trinket for classes that used them without question. Our intention here isn’t to kill their viability, but give more wiggle room for situational competitors and introduce some more variance into player’s gearing choices across Eternity’s End.
    • Bladedancer’s Armor Kit armor and damage increased by 25%.
      • Developers’ note: Bladedancer’s Armor Kit wasn’t providing the defensive value it promised tanks even in situations you’d expect it to be good, so we’re taking a crack at it alongside Pulsating Stoneheart to try and make it less of a negative experience when these 2 drop for you, and more into a place where you’d consider them depending on your situation and class.
    • Pulsating Stoneheart armor, health regeneration, and self-slow duration reduced to 6 seconds (was 12 seconds).
    • Pulsating Stoneheart armor increased by 35%, and health regeneration lowered slightly per-tick, but now ticks On-Use for a total of 7 (was 6) over the duration.
      • Developers’ note - Pulsating Stoneheart wasn’t appropriately tuned against the large downside of snaring oneself for a long period of time, so we’ve compressed the effect to mitigate the downside and make it a much stronger burst of defensive value in situations where you need it.
    • Fixed an issue where the Haste granted from First Class Healing Distributor was scaling incorrectly with item level.

Quests

• With next week’s scheduled weekly maintenance in each region, the 3-day quest “Patterns Within Patterns” will become a Weekly Quest, and both its completion requirements and rewards will be increased to provide the same pace of progression.
    • Developers’ note: We feel that a full week duration, along with commensurate amounts of Cosmic Flux and other rewards, better suits this quest. We hope this change alleviates the concern some players had over completing it multiple times a week.
  • Fixed an issue that caused Cache of Creation world quests to not be completed after opening the cache.
  • In the “Battle for Highmountain” scenario, killing Fel Champion Gargath quickly should no longer prevent the scenario from progressing.
1 Like

Really wish the problem of raid trinkets being underbudgeted was addressed instead of dungeon trinkets being overbudgeted.

3 Likes

Any plans for IQD nerfs? That trinket is at least as strong as ruby/phial/scale for the specs that use it.

1 Like

Honestly you’d need to buff Bladedancer’s armor Kit and Pulsating Stoneheart by 400% for them to be even worth using. They are that bad. I don’t see how the design team doesn’t understand that.

3 Likes

Please consider buffing the raid trinkets by a substantial amount if this is such an issue.

It’s still very likely that most specs will be farming this trinket above almost all others at high enough item levels. Worse yet, this makes Shadowed Orb of Torment - a raid trinket I was consistently passing on in favor of our Holy Paladins and Fire Mages getting it - Shadow’s potential best-in-slot trinket at the moment since it was solidly the second-best on-use trinket, although behind Soulletting Ruby on most fights at the same item level. The only similar trinket to these (2-minute on-use), Grim Eclipse, is far worse than its much higher item level would imply based on its current values and is awkward to use because of its delayed stat gain. I’m not particularly thrilled by having a trinket I’ve passed on a half-dozen or more times suddenly becoming a possible BiS trinket for a very long time; worse yet, I’m also not thrilled about having to possibly farm for Moonlit Prism (a Legion Timewalking trinket) to have a comparable on-use trinket since that trinket is slated to be very strong as well once Valor upgrades are introduced into the mix.

This is also yet another noticeable nerf to Shadow Priest on top of the 40% nerf to Pallid Command that it had received during the late stages of the PTR. Soulletting Ruby is a very strong option for us, and nerfing a trinket of its nature is a nerf to a spec that a lot of folks agree has been nerfed far, far too heavily in PvE in the first place. This doesn’t introduce more gearing variance; Soulletting Ruby will be strong but worse, or another on-use trinket that performs worse than current Soulletting Ruby performs will take over and Shadow will just be using that while performing worse than it already did.

I completely understand that Phial, Ruby, and Blood-Spattered Scale are particularly good dungeon trinkets; that said, a large part of the problem stems from the fact that so many raid trinkets and most of the dungeon trinkets they’re competing against are laughably undertuned. Bladedancer’s Armor Kit and Pulsating Stone Heart are two such examples of this, and while I appreciate these trinkets receiving buffs (they needed them since day one), there are still trinkets like Overflowing Anima Cage, Sunblood Amethyst, many of the M+ healing trinkets, and the like that just aren’t very good whatsoever.

I dunno; these trinkets were all very strong, but a big part of their strength stemmed from the fact that most of their competition was laughably undertuned. Most raid trinkets are not very good; Cabalist’s Hymnal, Shadowed Orb of Torment, and Titanic Ocular Gland were exceptions, Elegy of the Eternals currently sims at a slight improvement over Ocular Gland when comparing a Heroic version (265) to a Mythic Gland (252), and The First Sigil will be an incredibly awkward trinket to use due to its very long cooldown (and if it ends up being super desirable, it opens up another issue of everyone being able to loot it).

2 Likes

I genuinely appreciate the effort to fix these underperforming tank trinkets. I really didn’t think they would get looked at. That being said, Mission Not Accomplished.

Bladedancer’s is still grossly undertuned, and it has to be due to the 2-minute duration. That’s ostensibly offset by the 5-minute cooldown, but if you could get a serious degree of damage reduction for 2 straight minutes, that would be problematic. Instead, post-buff and at high item level, you get about 2-3% DR on a Monk, and closer to 1-2% on the rest. That’s still imperceptibly small. A 25% buff doesn’t fix the fundamental problem of giving armor via on-use trinket.

Pulsating Stoneheart is a bigger concern. The 50% self-slow – which cannot be removed by literally any means in the game other than /cancelaura-ing the buff itself – makes using it actively detrimental during any tanking situation that involves movement. The only use case is stand-still encounters with lots of autoattack damage. By cutting the duration on the armor buff instead of just reducing/removing the slow, this trinket is actually weaker in the only situation in which it has any value at all.

The healing increase is helpful, it brings this up to about 18k per cast. That’s almost as much as the newly-added health potions. 18k as a reactive 6-second HoT is far less valuable than a health potion. This is the Bear Druid Frenzied Regen conundrum, but doubled. You’re more likely to be topped up and overhealing – or already dead – by the time that HoT has slowly finished ticking out all it has to offer than you are to actually benefit from the entire thing. And again, the other component offers 600-something armor post-buff. 6 seconds of 2-3% damage reduction that doesn’t even apply to spell damage or bleeds isn’t going to make Bears, Pallies, Warriors, DH’s, and DK’s happy to see this drop.

Static/on-use/procced Versatility buffs, flat DR (Annhylde’s Aegis), procced shields, active shields are what tanks want. These are established, successful, tried-and-true design paradigms. Armor as a trinket effect cannot be competitive because non-Monk classes get so much armor contribution from primary stat. That has been a great design move for the game, but it has made small armor buffs a totally obsolete buff paradigm.

The only way to ever get these trinkets closer to this:

is to redesign them to one of those models, or just cut them from the game entirely.

2 Likes

Just curious, how did you guys even know there was a bug?

Gluttonous Overgrowth has been bugged on almost every realm since 9.2’s launch. The Bulging Vines don’t spawn to summon it except for the first time after the shard comes live. So unless you get lucky and get into a fresh shard, no overgrowth kills for you.

I appreciate bug fixes, of course, but I’m genuinely curious why this was fixed before summoning the rare was? Especially since it wasn’t a bug that negatively impacted players.

2 Likes

That bugged puzzle is happening again. This time without an attached world quest.

Also the Protector of the First Ones seemingly has a habit of being “up” but having the rune consoles for it go AWOL not displaying or accepting runes.

With the release of this latest update I have one toon that has pretty much all locations set from levels 10-50. Only area that is set differently is the Shadowlands area. And all my other toons are set to the normal level i.e. Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms from about 10-30. I uninstalled the entire game and reinstalled it only for it to remain. I’ve done everything that I could do at my end. I need help getting this toons map locations set back to the normal levels.

Hello! Here are today’s hotfixes:

FEBRUARY 28, 2022

Cypher of the First Ones

• Pets are no longer visible to other players during the Toccatian and Glissandian Protolock puzzles.
  • Cypher talent “Trebalim Understanding” will no longer incorrectly state that another character is researching it.

Creatures and NPCs

• The Anima Reservoir in Haven will now have a permanent icon on the minimap.

Items and Rewards

• Fixed an issue where players only had a chance to loot the Deepstar Polyp from Hirukon once a day, even if they completed the puzzle and returned to defeat Hirukon again that day.
  • The Coilclutch Vine for the Deepstar Polyp puzzle is now visible across all phases.
  • Zereth Mortis’s aurelid mounts will now properly move at a ground mount speed appropriate to your Riding skill when used in areas where flying is prohibited.
  • The Hearty Dragon Plume and Fiery Brimstone toys should now work in Zereth Mortis, the Maw and all other Shadowlands outdoor zones.
  • The Cypher-Etched Torque and Cypher-Etched Lavaliere now correctly binds on pickup.

Quests

• Fixed an issue where some enemies for the quest “To Silence the Bonespeakers” could sometimes be higher level than intended.
4 Likes
  • The Coilclutch Vine for the Deepstar Polyp puzzle is now visible across all phases.

This is still not working for me. I can see it if I move out about 100 yards and use a far sight item, but it disappears when I get close in.

3/1/2022 Update: After server reset, I can now see the Vine. Thanks!

Here are the changes that went live today:

MARCH 1, 2022

Classes

• Druid
    • Balance
      • Fixed an issue where Celestial Pillar (2-piece Set Effect) would not be activated if triggered too quickly.
  • Monk
    • Mistweaver
      • Reverted a change in Eternity’s End to Fallen Order’s (Venthyr Ability) Crane Adept’s Enveloping Mist cooldown and cast variance that caused Enveloping Mist to only be cast once per summon.
        • Developers’ notes: In 9.1, it was identified that the Crane Adept guardians summoned by the ability Fallen Order would cast an additional Enveloping Mist if players reached a certain amount of Haste. Generally, we try to avoid these “Haste Breakpoints” that introduce big jumps in power with arbitrary amounts of a particular stat. In 9.1.5, we shared that we intended to fix this problem in the player’s favor, by ensuring that the Adept’s always cast Enveloping Mist twice per summon. However, upon further review, we opted to not make this change due to balance concerns. For 9.2, we made a change early in development that caused Fallen Order Adepts to be limited to casting a single Enveloping Mist. We are reverting that change via hotfix so that Fallen Order will have the same functionality as it does in 9.1.5. In the future, we will be looking at Fallen Order’s tuning and might make adjustments, but we do not want to make such a large change to this ability before Season 3 starts.
  • Shaman
    • Restoration
      • The bonus damage from the Raging Vesper Vortex (Kyrian Runecarving Power) has been reduced by 35%.
  • Warlock
    • Affliction
      • Fixed an issue where Malefic Rapture would consume a Soul Shard despite having Calamitous Crescendo (2-piece Set Effect).
  • Warrior
    • Protection
      • Damage of all abilities increased by 6%.

Creatures and NPCs

• The Ancient Translocators for the Sepulcher of the First Ones and Antecedent Isle will now appear on the Zereth Mortis zone map.
  • Antros’ Dark Deterrence no longer persists after completing the encounter.
  • Mounts are now disabled on top of the quest characters in the center of Haven.
  • Fixed an issue where the vines to start the Gluttonous Overgrowth encounter would not respawn.
  • The Engulfer’s health now increases as more players engage it in combat.

Cypher of the First Ones

• The “Sopranian Understanding” Cypher talent is now locked while being researched on an alternate character.

Dungeons and Raids

• Sepulcher of the First Ones
    • Volatile Sentries will now correctly detect stealthed and invisible players.
    • Vigilant Guardian
      • Volatile Materium now activates more quickly after all currently activated Volatile Materium have been defeated.
      • Pre-Fabricated Sentries now activates more quickly in an attempt to keep two Pre-Fabricated Sentries active.
    • Artificer Xy’mox
      • The visual of the Genesis Rings now better matches the effect.
      • Reduced the damage of Hyperlight Sparknova by 30% on all difficulties except Mythic.
      • Artificer Xy’mox now uses abilities at a slightly less frantic pace while below 30% health.
    • Prototype Pantheon
      • Fixed an issue where players were unable to loot The Prototype of Absolution upon completion of the encounter.
    • Halondrus the Reclaimer
      • Reduced the amount of damage absorption provided by Reclaim by 20% on Normal and Heroic difficulties.
      • Reduced the amount of damage Reclaim gains periodically to 25% of its initial value on Normal and Heroic difficulties (was 50%).
      • Reduced the base speed of Ephemeral Motes by 20% on Heroic difficulty.
    • Anduin Wrynn
      • The healing absorbed by Anduin’s Befouled Barrier has been reduced by 25% on Normal difficulty and reduced by 30% on Heroic difficulty.
  • Plaguefall
    • Fixed an issue that caused Ickor Bileflesh’s Ghost Step to spawn Margrave Stradama early.
  • Mythic+
    • Mythic+ Rating colors have updated rating requirements due to the addition of the two Tazavesh dungeons. Uncommon, Rare, Epic, and Legendary now require 25% more overall rating than they did before.
    • Enemies that are part of a dungeon boss encounter are no longer affected by the Bolstering affix.
      • Developers’ note: Bringing additional enemies into a boss fight is a common tactic at higher key levels, and the current interaction of Bolstering with bosses largely prevents players from using that tactic. We’ve discussed this interaction and feel that it’s not necessary to our goals for the affix, so we’re making an adjustment with the hope of opening up more strategic choice during Bolstering weeks.
    • So’leah’s Gambit
      • Timecap’n Hooktail
        • Fixed an issue where Corsair Brute could trigger affixes.

Items and Rewards

• The Dominance Key will no longer drop once you’ve opened the Domination Cache in the Endless Sands area of Zereth Mortis.
  • Many Uncommon (green) quality items in Zereth Mortis will now correctly drop as Bind on Equip instead of Bind on Pickup.
  • The upgrade cost of Aspirant and Gladiator equipment has been reduced.
  • Fixed an issue which could cause Bell of the Endless Feast to stack much more quickly than intended.
  • Fixed an issue which allowed the Cache of Sepulcher Treasures to drop the fist weapon, Domination’s Deliverance.
    • Developer’s note: This week’s Timewalking cache is only intended to contain loot from the first 8 Sepulcher of the First Ones encounters. In the future, after all of the raid has been seen by players, it will be updated to include loot from all Sepulcher bosses.
      While it was unintended that this weapon be available to anyone this week, we do not believe that its presence at a Normal Raid power level distorts competitive fairness, so we will not be removing it from characters who received it.

Player versus Player

• A new weekly quest, “A New Deal” is now available from Zo’sorg in Oribos. Complete activities in Zereth Mortis with War Mode on to earn a selection of new PvP trinkets. Once all trinkets have been collected, additional Honor will be rewarded.
  • Brawls
    • Fixed an issue that caused Warsong Scramble to show up in the calendar twice in the normal rotation.
    • “Something Different” weekly brawl quest is no longer completed when participating in Solo Shuffle.

Quests

• The Irresistible Goop quest item now returns to the player when they return to the quest area for “Feed the Annelids.”
  • The damage done by Generated Shapesmith and Generated Oracle during the quest “Step Into the Ring” has been reduced.

WoW Classic Era and Season of Mastery

• Fixed an issue causing the Outhouse in the “Locked Away” quest to no longer be interactable until a server reset.
1 Like

During the Urh’s buff from encrypted affix, death coil doesnt reduce the DT cooldown.
the same thing happens to the CDR effect from the army of the damned talent.
please fix that.

Fix Frost DK please. We’re broken and unsurvivable.