WoW Hardcore Self-Found Mode Now Live!

WoW Hardcore Self-Found Mode Now Live!

Face Azeroth’s dangers in WoW Classic’s Hardcore realms in Self-Found mode and see just how far you can go.

View Full Article

9 Likes

“Self-Found”? What an odd name.

10 Likes

Seems you don’t get any cool reward, not even a special title. So it’s just a “Bragging Rights” mode. Side note, the patch note link listed on the mention article doesn’t work, just gives a 404 error.

2 Likes

I guess they didn’t want to add a “solo” mode to an MMO lol

6 Likes

If it’s to see how far you can go, why give players the option to toggle it off? It’s a hardcore mode, keep it hardcore.

4 Likes

self found doesn’t mean 0 grouping.

Only took you nearly a decade after RS did it to finally figure out how to make it yourselves

3 Likes

Sounds like the least possible fun way to play the game to me. :dracthyr_a1:

Yeah, never really cared for this. It’s cool to get a unique cosmetic or at least title.

3 Likes

Correct me if I’m wrong but isn’t that just the Ironman Challenge?

5 Likes

Pretty much, just enforced by the game itself rather than being on the honor system. Since ironman was always a self-imposed challenge.

Not something I’m interested in or would ever engage with…but options are never a bad thing and if someone does enjoy that, hey whatever floats their boat.

I think “self made” would be a better name than “self-found” though. Self made actually means this already.

3 Likes

I’m kinda hoping some FFA faction-less hardcore mode is the secret 10.2.6 event that’s coming.

2 Likes

You’ll find yourself when you put 80 hours into a character and suddenly a stupid mistake makes it gone. You’ll find yourself real fast.

10 Likes

That wouldn’t make much sense as it is advertised as something both Retail and Classic can easily be involved with. It’s advertised as an event. So I don’t think it will be that.

I keep imagining playing “Where’s Waldo” with a mirror.

1 Like

but HC already exists for Classic, and they could add it for Retail. Exclude existing characters, just like this Self-Found mode that starts you at level 1.

It means you restrict yourself from ah, mail, everything

You get everything by yourself

Hardcore isn’t as popular among most retail players. Like yes it has a following among people that like it, but it’s a niche audience. So again. I don’t see Blizzard putting effort into something only a small number of players will go for.

2 Likes

I do not know the trouble involved … but I wish SF was its own server or shard. I’d like for the players surrounding me to be on equal footing from things like mobs, mats, nodes etc etc

6 Likes

I know what it means, I was just saying it’s an odd name.

“Season of Discovery” sounds cool. “Self-Found” sounds like a condition.

2 Likes

That boy aint right i hear he’s self found

Lol :joy::joy:

2 Likes