WoW GCD vs FF14 GCD

Frost has been agonizingly boring since Vanilla, it would take more than GCD changes to make it dynamic.

Which is funny because FF14 has classes that have like, 12 ability long chain combos without it feeling like the number of abilities slows the job down.

2 Likes

GCD is good because it’s more realistic.

1 Like

one thing I’ve noticed, some classes abilities don’t flow well. Looking at you pistol shot.

1 Like

Monk… it… it’s savage. I don’t think anyone that plays monk properly thinks it’s slow especially not with almost 2.0 GCD BiS. It’s insane. Even I struggle to keep up and I’m regarded as the summoner guy by some people :rofl:

Blizzard is removing a number of cooldown spells from the GCD.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/shadowlands-update-some-spells-no-longer-on-gcd/630189

In other news; Another user proclaims their love of FF on the wow forums!

1 Like

Pistol shot should be off the GCD while you have the buff IMO.

1 Like

Honestly I wish that they would add more to off GCD.

Like to start: Shaman’s totems. ALL of them. Every single one. They are a perfect ideal off GCD in my mind.

Not too into a sequence that triggers a buff. FFXIV’s combat is incredibly boring imo partially because of this.

2 Likes

This thread is supposed to be about taking the best of both systems, WoW’s fast GCD and FF14s ability chains (buffs), to make an even better system.

I’m gonna take one of the top whiners at the moment as an example: Unholy DK.
They want Unholy Frenzy off the GCD and they want Gargoyle back and off the GCD as well, on top of that they want Outbreak to spread their dots for free for 8 seconds.
Basically they want a bunch of buttons that instantly do things automatically for them to which I ask: why do you want the buttons to begin with?

1 Like

Looking back at older off GCD attacks I personally don’t think they ever felt good to hit. Like thinking about warrior of using an ability, waiting for a white attack, and slipping in a heroic strike before your next ability. It just made combat feel cluttered to me, not really harder, just another ability to make slow combat feel more interactive. Which is why I don’t like FF’s combat at all, it’s slow, IDK why so many abilities when half do the same thing, and every fight I’ve done including the raid group ones feels like nothing happens.

3 Likes

I agree, that combat style just seems boring to me

2 Likes

I enjoy both games, and yep combos in FFXIV do feel nice. It feels nice to build into a fourfold fantasy (dancer main).

However I prefer WoWs current system over the hybrid suggestion. Especially with the GCD changes in SL regarding some offensive CDs.

Both game’s system work for them - FF tend to be significantly more scripted and becomes a matter of mastering the rotation combo while ensuring you follow the mechanics. The off GCD skills feel like a gift between doing these.

WoW is faster and feels more real-time. Mobs are all still programmed to operate in a certain way but due to the nature of we can snap/skip or the various way players can try the same content in different ways.

2 Likes

Naaaah. . that’s not what it’s about. . . No one asked you if you like FF lately and it just came bursting out of your fingers!

Does not matter. Does not apply. Thanks

Bye :smiley:

1 Like

This post has that big divorced Dad energy lol

1 Like

As others have said, you have to make it past the first bullet point.

Jobs like machinists effectively have half the GCD of any class in WoW.

Dear god no, lol.
without castsequence, Im done with druid, lol.