Wow game (not computer) crashing every half hour (Error #132)

At random times, and with no pattern, wow is crashing and disconnecting every half hour or so, and this has been happening for hours (yes, Error #132). The game was fine yesterday and prior for weeks. What should I do?

Just for your information, the CPU is an Intel one, and the motherboard is an Asus one. Both are high end.

1 Like

Don’t know if it’s the same issue, but I’ve been getting randomly disconnected 2-3x / week for about a month. When it happens, it’s just me, no one else in my guild. Always able to log right back on.

No change in service provider or hardware on my end.

I have a second computer on which there are no problems. I have since copied the retail folder over from that computer to the one where the problem is, but that has not helped.

Hence it can’t be the router, my internet connection or any game files in the retail folder. I also scanned using Blizzard’s game file scanner, and it found nothing. I also check for Windows, Intel, Nvidia, Asus, and addon updates every day. The computer hardware is running fine, with no temperature issues or anything else HWMonitor shows.

I am baffled to be honest.

There is also a little window that pops up. It reads:

This application has encountered a critical error:

ERROR #132 (0X85100084) Fatal exception!

Program:D:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft\retail_Wow.exe
ProcessID: 5904
ThreadID:16440
Exception: ACCESS_VIOLATION

The instruction at “0x00007ff7cd2e5700” referenced memory at “0xffffffffff”.
The memory could not be “read”.

Press OK to terminate the application.

Edit: Currently reinstalling the game. Hopefully this resolves the issue.
Edit 2: Reinstalling the game did not help. Also, my computer has now started getting BSODs.

Hi Mireli,

I am having similar issues. I have done a number of things you have done–including recently reinstalling Windows. Just wondering what your hardware is.

I have had loads and loads of problems with my system on and off from around the time 8.3 was released. I have reinstalled Windows three times. My rig is a little more than a year old and ran like a charm up until around then, when all kinds of things seemed to go wrong. Since that time I have gotten about 100 BSODs, often when playing Wow, and did not have that once until then.

Howdy Fluffyclucks,

I moved your post to this thread so we can keep everything together. You mentioned experiencing many BSODs, which typically indicate a driver problem or a deeper problem with the hardware or operating system even if they only happen while playing one game. Because of this, these BSODs are outside our scope of support, which you can read here. Your best bet is to contact a local PC tech or Microsoft support for more help.

If you would like to provide your DxDiag though, other players may be able to provide more suggestions:

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
    4)Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save
  4. Paste the DXdiag into the post, select and highlight everything you just pasted, and hit the “code” button (</>). That’ll make the information much more readable.
It should look like this.

If you have issues pasting here, please use Pastebin and post the link (ex: Pastebin (dot) com/123456).

Okay, cool. Thanks.

As the file was too big, it is at Pastebin, here:

Pastebin (dot) com/WvBR4mJF

It looks like you are getting 1e and 3b bsod errors. You can read about them here and here.

Jesus. That’s some gobbledygook. I need my mechagnome to go to MIT so he can sort this out. :open_mouth:

No, what it means is that you have system instability that is revealed in wow. If your whole system is blue screening, that’s a system issue.

I blame Intel, Asus and Microsoft. They need to be on the same page. That or my mechagnome goes to MIT to learn how to manage this. I am not a programmer and I paid big bucks for my system.

Not sure if you are familiar with my nightmare, but it has a history. The system worked fine for a year, and then when 8.3 came out, bam, I got hit with a brick to the head with my system crashing more and more day by day. I do and have done what any semi-tech person could do.

Hey there,

Since Bluescreen errors typically require OS repair or Hardware troubleshooting, we are not normally able to assist since those products are not provided by us. However I did want to mention this:

1. Problem signature:
2. P1: Wow.exe
3. P2: 8.3.7.35284
4. P3: 5f18babe
5. P4: d3d11.dll_unloaded

The World of Warcraft crash error is showing DirectX 11 in the problem thread so I might suggest trying DirectX 12 or DirectX 11 Legacy. Since there are BlueScreen errors I cannot guarantee this will resolve the issue but it could help. Doesn’t hurt to try right?

Hope the info helps. Cheers!

I have two cards in SLI, hence I use DirectX 11 since that is the only way. If companies like Microsoft, Blizzard, and Nvidia don’t support this option then why is the hardware there for it?

Also, thanks for the head’s up. At least I know now to avoid such set ups down the road.

I would add that I run 4k though, so really needed SLI. I’d also add that to me it would make sense for a company that has millions of customers to simply spend the resources to accommodate such a set up properly, and allow for SLI in DirectX 12. That’s just me though. Maybe it is not necessary to allow for high end set ups to properly run the game.

Hey there,

SLI is unsupported in a similar way that addons are unsupported. Normally SLI works just fine for the game, but when problems happen we tend to recommend disabling it similar to resetting the game files if the addons go awol. This would only be to help narrow down the source of the issue not any permanent system change.

If you haven’t yet definitely be sure to reach out to Microsoft Support on these though. Their support staff may be able to help simplify most of what is on those massive debug pages that are meant for computer technicians and developers. Those pages definitely aren’t easy to understand without in-depth knowledge on what each term means.

Hope the info helps. Cheers!

Thanks for the advice–reinstalling Windows has been a fix a few times, but at times crashes have started up again. The game and system crashes have stopped these last few days. The next time they start I will contact Microsoft support for sure.

It is also strange that I have second and third systems that run SLI and DirectX 11 fine. Hence narrowing down the cause has been tricky and a hassle. And since I have no idea what any of those pages mean in any sense, it has been very frustrating.

Thanks again.

Edit: I contacted Microsoft and an advisor said to uninstall the Display Adaptor driver (by going to Device Manager, then clicking on Display Adaptors and then Uninstall Device) and then restart when Windows will reinstall the driver. That seems to have worked.

Edit2: Got the same error despite the above when in SW near the auction house.

To clarify, are you getting the 132 errors or the bsods?

Hi, I’ve been using another computer the last few days. The error was a game crash tied to the same thing–d3d11.dll_unloaded. or something along those lines.

Also, the computer ran fine for about a year. And the other computer I’m not running also runs SLI with DirectX 11, and generally, it never disconnects (and has never had a BSOD).

Thanks for your comments and efforts to help. Much appreciated.