WoW eventually utilizing all 32GB RAM

WoW eventually works its way up to utilizing all of my RAM (32GB for the system). I have lowered view distance but still crash due to low RAM. T

5 Likes

I been having this same issue all day.

2 Likes

Mine started doing it with patch . I start out using about 2 gigs then I start wow get in game its up to 12 gigs . But after patch it uses every thing I have all 16 gigs .

2 Likes

I’ve noticed it since this patch as well. Had multiple out of memory crashes with my RAM capped out, one of which required a full restart of my machine.

1 Like

Sucks to know others are suffering as well but maybe Blizz may look into this if enough people voice concern. I have disabled addons, lowered view distance, lowered environmental details, lowered ground clutter and still have this issue. Possible mem leak IDK. Im very frustrated and disappointed.

1 Like

This started happening to me with the patch. Even when I exit the game (via /exit) the process still stays running in the background, and climbs in RAM usage. Notably, it is hardly using any CPU and no network activity, but it is working the hard disk pretty good.

This is after 2mins with the game closed, on Windows 11.

W̶o̶n̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶d̶e̶l̶a̶y̶e̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶b̶a̶t̶ ̶l̶o̶g̶g̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ checked back a few minutes later and it was gone (I didn’t manually kill it)

3 Likes

Can confirm as well since patch. ram usage has spiked resulting in crashes.

@Dev please fix ahead of S3 launch!!

2 Likes

i got the square and thought it’s an addon. but it happens with them all off too. so not the addon… :frowning:

1 Like

Having the same issue on both mine and my Fiance’s PCs. With only 16 GB of Ram WoW is borderline unplayable.

3 Likes

Put me down as another having this same issue. I’ve NEVER had this happen UNTIL this patch.

4 Likes

@Blizz can someone respond/acknowledge that a bunch of people are having issues - probably more then is reporting officially here.

Probably a broken addon. Do a full UI reset and play for a while with ZERO addons. Not even a damage meter:

EDIT: Oh and make absolutely sure you aren’t combat logging. They made changes to how it works and now it pools everything in RAM until you’re out of combat before writing to disk.

Turns out combat log buffering / delay isn’t even implemented yet after I did a little more digging, and confirmed by the folks over at Warcraftlogs that it is not yet implemented by Blizzard.

Yeah I haven’t tested it yet, but just thought I’d bring it up.

This also started for me with patch eventually the game will crash giving not enough memory crash error. Also using 32gb.

UPDATE:
I changed from DX11 to DX12 and have not had a crash due to WoW slowly utilizing all my RAM. IDK if that will solve everyone individual’s RAM usage issues but Ive played for hours and no crashes. Before I would crash anywhere from 10 to 45 min into a play session.

I have zero addons and have experienced a crash every 60 to 90 minutes due to wow consuming slowly consuming up to 100% of my 32 gigs of ram. I’ve played since Lick King and never experienced anything like this. Its only been happening since the initial 10.2 update for me. Changing to DX 12 did not help for me.

4 Likes

Well Im glad it isn’t just me! ive tried dx11 and 12 add-ons on/off No diffrence since this patch came out.

1 Like

Turning them off isn’t the same as removing them from the directory.

1 Like

Having this issue as well. Basically eating my RAM and not only WoW crashing but the rest of my computer from the RAM usage.

3 Likes