WOW Continually crashing

Im on a Mac Pro, running Monterey. Have had no issues with Season of Mastery till now. I have run the repair, removed addons. This really needs attention guys.

4 Likes

Having the same problem.
Mac Pro, Monterey, Older AMD graphics card (but still more than capable of running wow- played classic for 2 years previously with no issue). Game will load but after a random time (sometimes 5 min, sometimes 1 hr) sudden frame lag and game crashes. Removed all addons, uninstalled, reinstalled, same thing. Error 134

1 Like

Strangely this is not happening on TBC/Retail clients, only Classic Era. It seems bliz knows about the issue, but there is no timetable for a fix.

Currently, our developers are gathering more information and examples to fix the issue. I know this next bit isn’t something you want to hear, but I’m afraid I can’t tell you the exact time when it’s going to fixed but I can guarantee you that is going to be one of the developers’ priorities. However, sometimes it might undoubtedly take some time, thank you for your understanding.

We will definitely use this experience to minimise the chance of having issues like that in the future as we do understand it’s not the best thing to have in the game.

I’m a retail player but I think I may have found a solution. The “nice” level of wow can be increased. I’ll make a post soon about this but basically just renice the PID in terminal or launch it. This is the command I’m using in retail which seems to have resolved all issues I had so far (and also gave me a performance bump):

nice -n 20 open /Applications/World\ of\ Warcraft/retail/World\ of\ Warcraft.app