WoW Classic Version 1.13.7 PTR is Now Available

Batching isn’t the same, stop trying to prove your point with videos from 2006, where ppl had connections that could not stream a netflix movie without constant buffering these days.

It is the same, you’ve never given any evidence that it isn’t.

It’s exactly the same and has nothing to do with your internet connection. Batching right now is exactly the same as it was in Vanilla.

Eh not gonna bother with doing research for that, just do your own if that’s what you’re looking for and make sure you look for content between Vanilla and MOP. This crap is getting removed so there’s no need to argue on a soon to be dead and horrible system, I just know it’s different, mainly interrupts and Execute since I’ve played my Warrior most of the time.

Don’t forget spell batching existed until 5.0, if you played during that time it should flag some memories of reliable interrupts and lacks (or shorter) of delays on stuff. By then there was no networking issues or arbitrary delays.

Losing rage on Execute was a thing but the delay before Execute is getting usable at 20% was not there (outside of actual lag). I used Execute SO MUCH in my WoW carrier that noticing the delay before it activate at 20% was the most obvious difference from before, that alone is proof that current implementation is different, I really don’t care if you don’t believe me at this point.

Buying tons of thing at a vendor, while in both cases there’s a delays, it was never that slow like it is now.

Interrupting near the end of the cast: almost impossible in Classic but definitely possible in 1.x-5.x (outside of actual lag).

Assuming pet is not attacking, FD+Trap never caused a delay (outside of actual lag).

Yeah yeah I’m still saying stuff without proof, you do the research if you really want to know, do search video of Hunters where you see FD then trap not getting usable, go ahead.

https://youtu.be/FaV6oAteJGI?t=8060

Joana’s leveling guide, from patch 1.9 I believe.

I said NOT AS SLOW which I’m totally right, geez stop reading in diagonal.

Count the seconds from the time he buys the apples till the time they appear in his bag. Now, go do the same thing on Classic. Use google stopwatch; it’s over 2 seconds from the time he clicks the apples till they appear in his bag. Every single vendor interaction he has is like this, and it’s the same on Classic.

Instead of just arguing against the facts, how about you just accept the truth?

1 Like

It’s more than twice slower in Classic. Have a good night doing research.

Just to clarify, it only happen if you buy more than a stack. First stack will appear at about the same time, it’s the following stacks that will be delayed: that’s not the correct behavior and Joana’s video you linked show the correct behavior.

It’s all NUANCES, small ones that make Classic spell batching inferior to the original system.

Neither do you. you are literally a guy telling us cars are the same in 2021 as they were in 1970 posting home made videos from that time and telling us that is the “proof” they are same.

Don’t bother, he will post old videos from 2006, not realizing that blizz itself stated they just emulate it.

This is not original batching, its especially noticable in pvp. He can keep posting his videos where people vendor stuff to prove his point though.

It’s original batching and it’s going away. Good news to everyone that actually cares about a good gaming experience. People like to conjure up this narrative that batching was this amazing thing back in Vanilla.

It wasn’t.
It was changed because it wasn’t.
The blue post I linked above explains that the entire game suffered because of 400ms batches, just like Classic does now.

Facts.

2 Likes

No as they said already in their blue post. Yes it is going away, No it was not the real deal.

Nobody said it was amazing in vanilla. Vanish was always buggy. Batching itself is a neat mechanic in terms of gameplay but it needs to be emulated correctly and/or adjust to modern connections.

Most of the stuff you say has nothing to do with facts.

Batching has NOTHING at all to do with client lag.

Let me repeat: batching has NOTHING to do with your ping or the quality of your connection.

Whether or not you like vanilla-like batching (again, as a Rogue main, I insist that it is essential to the advanced gameplay of the Rogue class) it is inarguable that reducing the batching window to 10ms means we are suddenly playing an entirely different game that is much further away from an authentic Vanilla experience.

Batching has NOTHING TO DO with client lag!!!

I can’t believe Blizzard is caving in and listening to the ignorant mob that doesn’t even understand the topic of their feedback!!!

Watch the clip here starting at 0:41

https://youtu.be/fT_aZfg9AP0

This example is from original TBC but the batching system is exactly the same as Vanilla (and TBC classic is likely coming, so this also matters)

Changing the batch size from 400ms to 10ms reduces the average window to Vanish-immune the incoming deathcoil by a factor of 40x!

This is not just a responsiveness or quality of life change, it has deep implications for class balance.

If you really want to preserve the “advanced” Rogue mechanics, then go ahead and ask them to program those abilities to function in the same manner. I’m going to be extremely happy to be able to use my Lay on Hands as an emergency heal and have it reliably work:

[00:03:24.045] Delimicus casts Lay on Hands on Gerrard
[00:03:24.078] Onyxia Melee Gerrard 975 (O: 768)
[00:03:24.479] Gerrard dies from Onyxia’s Melee

[00:01:00.745] Delimicus casts Lay on Hands on Mulligan
[00:01:01.488] Mulligan dies from Firesworn 4’s Melee

Removing Vanilla batching will make many people extremely happy.

2 Likes

Vanilla WoW never had and was never intended to have the responsiveness of an action game. Due to the 1.5s GCD it is at its core more akin to something like blitz chess.

The problem in the 1st logs you linked is not that the game didn’t let you cast LoH within 30ms. The problem is that you allowed your tank to get 30ms away from dying before you tried to do anything about it, when instead (think blitz chess) it was your responsibility to see a few moves ahead and prevent this situation from ever arising in the first place. You didn’t see checkmate coming until it was inevitable – that’s your responsibility to own that mistake and learn from it.

In the 2nd example, that looks like a flat-out bug as the time between LoH cast and the player dying is 743ms which is nearly twice the batch interval.

If they could have had a 10ms batch in Vanilla, they would have. Either way it doesn’t matter, we’re finally getting rid of the worst decision Blizzard made for Classic.

1 Like

I know it does not, but the batching in 1.13 still does not work like it did back in the day, and a video from 2006 where a guy buys stuff from a vendor is not “evidence” that it does.

Still waiting for you to provide evidence that it’s not working correctly. I suspect I will be waiting an eternity.

2 Likes

IF they could have.

BUT, they couldn’t, so they didn’t, so they made a game that had this mechanic.

And people learned to play with this mechanic.

And people learned that while you could get punished by this mechanic, also it was possible to use it to your advantage in many situations.

And people developed strategies and guides for playing their class that relied on the batching mechanic, such as Warlocks using Hellfire self-damage to break incoming CCs in PvP.

And further class design and balance changes were made based on data and outcomes from a game in which batching existed and has always existed.

It is undeniable that changing batching now takes us far away from authentic Vanilla mechanics and changes the way people will have to play their class, and the balance of classes, on a fundamental mechanical and higher strategic level.

And now, 16 years later, you are asking them to completely change it, to completely change the entire game, because it is easier for you to blame the game itself - despite its predictability and you having 16 years to learn that it works this way! - than it is for you to take responsibility for putting your tank in a situation where they needed a batched heal to save them.

1 Like