WoW Classic Testing Access as of May 22

Attempt # 10 now … have yet to get to character creation …

P.S. Actually pleased to help “Stress Test” Guinea pigs it is :slight_smile:

Glad I got invited into the stress test only to be disconnected over and over again.

I got to character creation a couple times, and made the character but it fell through :slight_smile:

maybe they should make a better live game then, I also didn’t say I was upset or anything about it, just that it would be nice. It’s not like we get to keep our characters and it’s not like there are a ton of bugs to hash out. Just would be fun to have something else to do besides 4 hours of raiding a week and hearthstone. It’s not like it’s new content I’ve already put a ton of hours into vanilla 14 years ago.

Rinse and repeat here. Good luck!

Im all in now! Meaning i am going to contine trying until i login and am in azeroth.

If this helps prevent this situation at launch. Man that would be cool. Hope i get the full beta too. I have beer it is okay!

At logging in to game server again…

Oh it put me in auto queue this time with less than a minute estimated. :wink: changes i see.

In.

Time bois!!!

Try #1: 500 people on login queue, servers offline.
Try #2-4: 2500 people on login queue, servers online, disconnected after clicking to enter the realm.
Try #5: 3500 people on login queue, servers online. Not immediatly disconnected after selecting the realm. After a couple minutes another pop-up message says the realm (not the login queue) was full and there were around 7000 people waiting. Disconnected after 30 seconds on the new queue.

Time to bring online another “Stress Test Server” :wink:

Clearly we are stressing the crap out of this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe I failed to equip enough lag / server load resistance gear.:thinking:

3 Likes

Sort of defeats the point, which is finding what one server can handle and what one node handling queues can do etc. It’s not about bandwidth as they could let us all in immediately with the spare racks at Blizzard but that defeats the purpose. 80% of the testers and test hours should be going towards these queues. Very little of this stress test involves answers to live in-game questions or zoning, there are thousands online now testing that portion as is notable on any stream.

Every tester has a purpose.

But do you have the attunement?

Doyou mean 2 hours of staring at a login queue screen and then immediately being disconnected?

Well, 47 mins of waiting in que over and over to get disconnected from the server. I guess i’m just stress testing the log in screen…

If anyone is really concerned about 1-5 gameplay instead of actually testing what blizzard needs tested, just come back 2 hours after the test began.

4:00pm PDT Wednesday, May 22, until 6:00pm PDT

so minimally you would want to try past 6:00pm PDT if you are not trying to actually participate in the test.

Knowing perfectly well that only getting invited to the stress test would most likely result in disappointment, I’d hope I’d at least get to create a character and log in!

Made it to the realm selection a few times before getting booted, now it won’t get past retrieving the realm list :crazy_face:

1 Like

Blizz saw they were at the top of Twitch and let the streamers in im dead :rofl: please dont say streamer prio isnt a thing.

My spouse and I were very excited and ready to participate in the stress test today. We have not received an invite yet for the closed beta. We loved WoW when it was at its best and that was classic. We started at the very beginning and played all the way till Cataclysm came along ruined it all.

Was looking forward to logging in and testing up to level five tonight. Cannot get in. Was constantly disconnected over and over after getting to the character creation screen only find the realm is now locked. Extremely disappointing. Yes we have tested the login servers, but to not be able to actually get in, create a character, and play test is a major let down.

So far the whole beta testing process has been very disappointing. Especially when you see so many streamers and content creators were invited to the closed beta, many who have no clue what classic was, how to play in it, and even erroneously report issues that are not issues. Looks like the streamers magically got through though and are playing.

We will keep trying to see if something opens up, but it does not look like it. Now we even see an official post that they are near the end of closed beta invites… sigh!

2 Likes

Yeah, at this point I’m going to eat dinner, get some beers, and try again later.

get water instead of beer.

I’m not sure whether I had the same issue (I do have 2 PTR accounts) but reinstalling the BattleNet Launcher solved the problem for me. I suspect my issue may have been related to having two launchers, one hiding in the folder structure where Blizzard switched to the retail naming scheme some months ago.

I’m on Mac if that matters.