WoW Classic Stress Test Date

It’s a stress test O.o

Why burn PTO for that?

2 Likes

It’s worth it. A very satisfying game.

edit: I’m not taking time off for it, but I arranged my work in such a manner that they would be “shortish days”. Depending on the actual date of the test, it may not be so easy to duplicate.

1 Like

You seem to not understand my question/statement.

A stress test is NOT worth burning PTO for… Launch is. Just my opinion. Do what you want man.

3 Likes

The question seems pretty straight forward. If I understand it, you are asking why someone would use paid time off to play for a 48 hour window.

The inaccessibility for the month before and after makes it more of a novelty. The poster was taking time off to not waste any of that 48 hour window.

If I misunderstood your question, I apologize. Maybe reword it?

hehehe . . Oh my dwarf friend. You must be new around here.

Thanks for the chuckle.

Mighty welcome. Yes, I am very new. I didn’t start stalking this forum until last November.

That’s ok take your time

Thanks for clarifying. I thought they changed the date before… thought I was losing my mind :grinning:

I was looking forward to the next stress test. However, I was wondering if the next stress was too soon.

Also, I am curious about the process of how they went about taking a game (expansion) that is 15 years old, place in on new and better servers. I would love to hear more details on it, what issues they ran into, and some of the quality of life stuff they add or could not replicate. Are there bugs from classic that could not be fixed then but now with newer technology they were able to undo those?

I keep looking for more info on classic, new server names, and if we are going to have an RP-PVP server…And can we name it Mu’sha? Tauren lore, Mus’ha watch over you kind of reason. I am sure the alliance would love Elune but we already have Elune as a live retail server so, Mu’sha!

Can we do a vote on this on whether or not we get one from the start? For example, if we get 2000 YES votes you make one for us? Pretty Moo Please?

Elder Mokalyn Wildmane,
Redwood Tribe
(That whole RP-PVP protector of the tribe we still do on Emerald Dream.)

The Earth Mother watch over us; under cover of the night as in the day.

2 Likes

A bit dated but where I originally read about some of the technical details: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/21881587/dev-watercooler-world-of-warcraft-classic

2 Likes

thank you…

this should answer most of your questions

2 Likes

You mean the 26th for NA and 27th for EU correct?

1 Like

27th UTC.

1 Like

ya know weeks not months™

ESFAND!!! STOP BEING REASONABLE!!! I WANT TO BE EMOTIONAL AND RAGE DAMMIT!!! lol…

2 Likes

So I just got on to make sure everything was set for the test in a couple days and what do you know… Blizz cancels it… Guess I should not be surprised since its Blizz and they cancel almost everything… Wouldn’t be surprised if this gets delayed… GG Blizz GG…

would be cool if they delayed it until the character creation day and let us play the stress test on that day like a real launch (on our named characters that will be saved for launch) on the servers we are going to play on then just rolled back the servers back to lvl 1

on the plus side everyone would probably re sub to create characters, be able to stress test, and have a couple days worth of time on the actual launch.

3 Likes

Well… if you read the post, the Stress Test isn’t “canceled” it’s just postponed. Blizzard want’s to make Classic a truly great experience for everyone so it’s good that they admit when they aren’t ready and take their time with this project.

1 Like