WoW Classic Stress Test 1

We’ll be performing our first stress test for WoW Classic on Wednesday, May 22, from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. PDT. During this time, the closed beta test realm will be unavailable. Those who are currently in the beta test will only be able to login to the stress test realm during this time and beta testers can participate using their existing installation. We’ll also be adding a significant number of players to the stress test from the pool of people who have already opted in for the beta but have not yet been selected.

Since the same client is used for both our stress test users and our normal beta users, the name in the Battle.net App has changed to “Beta & Stress Test: WoW Classic . ” If you’ve been selected to participate in the stress test, you’ll see this option appear in the Region/Account drop down menu so you can download and install the WoW Classic client in advance, but you’ll only be able to see the stress test realm when it becomes available.

For the stress test, all races and classes will be available for creation, but the maximum level will be set to 5. The test will also take place on a PvP realm, but since the starting areas are sanctuaries you don’t need to worry about attacks from the other faction if you just want to level up to 5. We expect to put a lot of people in the starting zones, though, and we’re looking forward to seeing what you all do as we test the servers under crowded conditions.

We’ll be actively monitoring the server, sending server messages, etc. during the 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. PDT period and it’s important to have as many people as possible log in during this window! The stress test realm itself will be available until Thursday, May 23 (becoming unavailable around 6:00pm PDT).

If you encounter any issues during the test, you can submit them through the bug reporting tool in-game. If there are any aspects you’d like to discuss, feel free to post in the Classic Discussion forum.

Performing tests like these are very important in contributing to a smooth launch on August 27 and we appreciate your support.

110 Likes

Cool. Looking forward to resubbing in august.

132 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Alright alright. HERE WE GO BOYS!!!

4 Likes

Once the test is complete, will those of us added for the stress test be unable to continue playing the beta? Til Thursday 6pm PDT. :frowning:

And if so, are we still eligible for a “full invite” in the intervening months?

35 Likes

There’s the answer a lot of people wanted to know. Getting into the stress test doesn’t mean you continue to be in the beta.

14 Likes

This sounds like a fun stress stest.

Level 5 World PvP anyone?

TM v SS?

24 Likes

40 man hogger raid!

37 Likes

Let’s be friends Crooge! You want tank or heals?

1 Like

I guess they just want us to pack the starter zones to see how laggy it can be. Maybe test mob density and respawn rates too.

3 Likes

When will stress test invites be sent out?

26 Likes

I personally believe in the ladder. BOTH sides will leave the safety of their nests and venture out onto the battlefield… :slight_smile:

Two hour stress test, max level 5?

That’s some good focus there and I absolutely and heartily approve.

11 Likes

We could use a place that is very close to a starter zone but in a contested area where there is very few mobs to interfere. For example the border between Mulgore and The Barrens could be one location. OR an even better idea, I have done a ton of exploring in The Barrens and have found multiple areas high in the mountains where we could have a fight with zero mobs around.

That would be fantastic!

5 Likes

They’re likely testing Layering, as well as “How much can the server really handle.”

See you all there!

4 Likes

While I appreciate the transparency… My account expires 7:46 am that morning, this really wasn’t enough for me to extend my account again. As I am basically done with retail and no longer have interest. I will be renewing on the 20th though, one week before live <3 Thank you for all that you guys do!

11 Likes

I read that the opposite way around.

a) Blizzard will be paying attention from 4pm - 6pm
b) The people in Closed Beta will not have access to their existing servers from 4pm - 6pm
c) At 6pm, the other servers become unlocked, but still only visible for the Closed Beta participants.
d) All the Stress Test participants get to keep going on the stress test server for 24 hours.

10 Likes

Will people who have participated in the stress test get priority over those who did not if any additional waves beyond those that have already gone out happen?

I know people who have been waiting eagerly to play Classic and have been checking their Launchers regularly to check if they got in and are really excited to play Classic when it finally comes out during August.

10 Likes

Your interpretation makes more sense, and I hope that’s the case. <3 Thank you.

1 Like