WoW Classic: Season of Mastery is Upon Us

The best part of SoM is the combo of casual and hard core players together, at last. At least in classic this is important.

The leveling is def. casual, the raiding is more hardcore. Just how you look at it I suppose. Also as a casual who wants shiny purples with some fun, pvp at 60 / launch is the way to go! All changes fit so many playstyles/players, its insane to think this should and may indeed work really well.

GJ Blizz.

These all seem like interesting changes. I’ll be trying it out.

Honestly the only other thing I would have liked was capping respec cost at like 5-10g or something. 50g is horrendous for those of us that want to enjoy multiple roles some classes have (tank/heals/dps).

When they introduced dual-spec in WOTLK it was a god send, and I actually started to play Heals/Tank.

6 Likes

what about the world map icon blocking the tracking one?

Please note that the rest of the Cenarion Hold and Silithus activities associated with Anh’Qiraj will remain unavailable until the Anh’Qiraj War Effort event kicks off later.

So there still no real reason to ever go to silithus yet

High Elf Watchers have appeared in Ironforge and Undercity

Can you please put this NPC in every capital

5 Likes

If you’re main interest are the classic levelling speeds, you can still try Classic Era or Classic TBC which follow this game design.

Saying that, it would be cool if Blizzard allowed players to remove the adventuring buff before level 60, to cater for those levelling purist.

I’m so excited :blush: SoM is coming out the day before my birthdayyyy

6 Likes

For Soul of Iron players: would getting killed in a PvP battleground or world PvP count as a real death and make you lose the Soul of Iron buff?

1 Like

Yes - don’t play on a PVP server, flag PVP on a PVE server, or doing any BG’s

1 Like

I’m super excited for SoM, especially since I missed out on the initial classic launch and would like to capture some of that experience.

My only feedback would be implementing an option to allow the characters to move to TBC servers at the end of the season, alongside regular classic era servers. This is just to provide a place for people to go at the end of the season instead of just abandoning their character(s) at the end of the season, since they may not want to sit in the finite content of classic or reroll another season.

I’m open to thoughts about this topic, at the moment I’m approaching this from a place of “Allow a custom journey, but allowing players to end up in “current content” so that population doesn’t suffer and you let people thrive where they want to be”.

I resubscribed assuming there would be an RP-PvP realm available for SoM.

There isn’t. So there’s no reason for me to remain subscribed. What a waste.

Was really looking forward to creating new Horde characters, since I played exclusively Alliance in the original WoW Classic, but alas.

1 Like

The rp-pvp community is going to mutanus.

2 Likes

Ayo! The rogue poison quest is still broken…

1 Like

Can anyone confirm if Blizzard has made a comment on what happens AFTER SoM ends and we move to a Classic Era server?
Specifically, can we then pay to transfer that character to a live BC server? Or are you bound to Classic Era forever

Holy necro.
I didn’t even think we could go to a classic server, Definity won’t be able to go to BC though.
Otherwise, why wouldn’t we be able to transfer from a classic server to TBCC now.

I thought everything just deletes our toons included.