WoW Classic Pre-Launch Test 11:00 a.m. PDT August 8 and Minimum Specs

Well I was excited, but if you don’t get to keep any progress then it seems rather pointless to me. id rather wait then burn my self out on hard early content ill just need to redo in 2 weeks.

It is the drop down above the Play button listed under the WoW client.

What I am trying to tell everyone is that IT ISN’T IN MINE

your story keeps changing. you said you bought it for the stress test, then said you bought it for 8.2, which is it dude? quit spreading your lies, trying to tarnish the reputation of a game that will be amazing again.

Hi there… i like big tiddie goths… Names Burner in the stress test

2 Likes

Got onto the computer around 12:15 & of course had a patch. Then had to restart the launcher.

Both U.S. Realms were Locked when I launched the game, the Oceanic realm was at Medium. I thought, “Well I can log in there with no problem, but when it goes live I will be playing on U.S. servers so I should stick with those”. Logged into Barov around 12:30 with a 15 minute wait & about 2.5k in queue. This was not a problem as I had a few other things to finish before I could sit down for a bit anyway. The queue decreased, the time decreased & it was pretty darned accurate!

Got logged in & created 5 characters, mostly to test their starting areas. I did not create Human or Orc (although I suppose I should create a human, orcs & trolls share the same starting area). Is there a way that you can calm down the Tauren? It’s REALLY hard to select your options when what you’re looking at is both brushing the top of the screen with their face AND constantly moving as if they’ve sat on a fire ant hill while taking their last hit.

Logged in on an Undead Rogue & was pleased at the mob saturation/respawn rate for the zombies. Didn’t make it to the skellies & only got part of the wolves/bats done before the server zonked so I can’t speak to those yet.

Speaking of the server zonk, is it EVER actually going to come back up? According to this thread Pre-launch Test Restarts Imminent - #22 by anon71008097 they came up an hour ago, however when I (& a great many others) try to log in the screen hangs at 90% for several minutes & then I get a “World Server Down” message. If I go to the server select screen, each server shows a population rather than the usual OFFLINE message when servers are down. So… what is going on here??? APPARENTLY, they had a restart only bug that they have now squished & we’re back in the game yay!!!

Knife sheathing sound is still gone & now the leveling “boom” is ALSO gone LOL!
Seems every time I throw my knife I hear the same sound as if I stabbed something; I should only hear the “whoosh-whoosh-whoosh” sound.

Auto-loot is NOT saving on log-out, therefore it is not being applied to each character.

Holy crap, there are A LOT of gnomes & dwarves! Drop rate from Crag Boars (which are required for TWO quests in Dun Morogh) are ABYSMAL. First off, they’re all or nothing & secondly, my personal average is about 1 drop for every 10 kills. While I do remember drop rates being bad, this is WAY outside of “bad”.

Next Mulgore. There were lots of Tauren there, which was nice because I’ve seen posts for other stress tests noting that there were very few players. Mob respawn rates seemed appropriate & the drop rates were what I remember. Perhaps you could increase the drop chance for bags there though? Since we need to collect belts, heads, claws, paws, hearts, bones, scales, feathers, meats & I’m sure I’m forgetting at least a few there…

All in all, it’s been awesome & I can’t wait for launch.

For all those who keep asking why there is a level limit, I’d be willing to bet it has to do with how many different areas one can go to after one hits 15, while in order to GET to 15 the areas are much smaller. They want to ensure that there is as little phasing or whatever they’re calling it as possible, as well as mobs spawning appropriately for the amount of players in the area.

1 Like

The minimum specs are that whatever you’re playing on physically exists

2 Likes

It was great to see so many people in the starting areas. Not great for quests but there will be time eventually. I forgot how hideous some of the old models were. Tauren and orcs in particular but it adds to the horde theme.

1 Like

DO NOT ASK BLIZZARD TO FIX OR MAKE THINGS EASIER, my goodness, before long we will have an LFR again. Some quests were just a pain in the bawls, deal with it.

11 Likes

Yep it worked on my surface 3 (not pro) - so, an Atom processor with integrated graphics, 2Gb memory. So happy!

that happened to me, it kept choosing my secondary free to play account for some reason. if you have one too id check that.

!I am so proud of you guys! Well done Blizz!

1 Like

So we are now august 9th and servers are still up, anyone know when they go down officially? ive been looking around the net but no direct answer…

Really enjoyed playing last night, hopefully they’ll still be up when we get home from work

I know right?! i only got to “test” for an hour or two last night, and right now on my lunch break. I would really love to do it this evening without having to worry about going to bed in time to be functional for work because its friday no work tomorrow!

I have a feeling they’re going to be up for a full day, so they’ll likely go down at 11AM PST.

So it wasn’t in mine either, but I updated the Blizzard launcher and it showed up right afterwards. If you haven’t updated that, give that a try.

Yup, you’re right. I had a brain fart with seeing the E6600.

I played your classic version and my computer unexpectedly shut down on me twice. Your normal WoW doesn’t do that thankfully. What’s going on?

1 Like

I am enjoying Classic so much, I don’t want it to end! DX

2 Likes