WoW Classic Launch and Testing Schedule

I just checked my launcher, and in the drop down box, “Beta & Stress Test: WoW Classic” has reappeared (it had been there for the last stress test, both the original scheduled day and the subsequent additional day, but a while afterwards it disappeared).

The big blue “PLAY” button is currently grayed out and mousing over it shows a tooltip that says “You can’t play WoW Classic yet.”

I assume that means my Stress Test installation is up to date, or at least as up to date as it can be as of now, and that on June 19th it will become active once again for the stress test period when it starts and another day’s time thereafter.

/moo :cow:

1 Like

Thanks. I just checked mine and I have exactly the same thing in my launcher. I have the stress test day off work so I am looking forward to a full day testing :stuck_out_tongue:

The option is visible to anyone who has the client installed, as of the last build. It does not indicate that you have access to the stress test, merely that you have the client installed.

Unless you get an account in your games list, you won’t be in the stress test.

It does not show up for those of us not paying.

After stress test … I WANT LAUNCH NOW!

3 Likes

Im like passing back and fourth looking at the clock waiting for classic release. Come on… come on!!

1 Like

Hallo Blizzard,

first of all i want to say a big thanks to making the Classic Dream come true. This Thanks is to all employes of Blizzard making this happen :slight_smile:

I am from Germany, so dont take grammatik issues to srsly please.

I cant wait for the release. Every free minute i watch People which stream the Beta and prepare myself for the launch.

This wont be undermined due the fact, that i cant understand the following thing: LAYERING

Everyone hates Long Que’s to Play and sticking to the starting area for a whole day isnt that fun either and there for we can understand your point of view about Layering.

I played on every 3 Beta-Stress-Tests that been so far and i tested a lot of Layering. The Negative Things from Layering will overshadow the positive one, which is: no big Ques and a faster Levelingstart.

I will start with the Downsides you already know, but i will link a YouTube video to demonstrate it better.

From my Testingexperience about layering over explizit testing over day’s;

1. This will be abused to the hell and back, there are multiple techniques to switch a Layer; Relogging, getting invited, or randomly faced.
    U can farm Mine-, Herbs- and rares just as an example endlessly, this will destroy the economy in Classic, not only for the period layering will happen, indeed months later aswell.
  2. U get randomly saperated from Group and General Chats, like there is nobody there, but in requesting Guildmember in the same area, they say they couldnt saw my Posting in General Chat, even we are on the same Layer and same Server.
  3. You can avoid Open World PvP and PvE Situations that may be to dangerous.
  4. Even if u dont want to Change a layer, when one is Fading, all Players will swap the layer which results in some strange Moments where u Fighting a OpenWorld Elite and he’s close to die, u will get randomly layerd and this elite fades and a new one with 100% will destroy you.

=> The realy bad About all this is, that many People will abuse it, but only few get penalized.

And most People just dont talk About it, because they dont understand this Thing and doesnt even saw the shadow About layering.

Actualy there are a lot of ideas from the community to Change Layering in a positive way, so there cant be anything abused that would have a Impact that will destroy classic wow.

For example: make layering only for 1-10 Areas for example or even just the startingzones. Make obsticles like nodes stick to your Charakter and will not be fadeable with Layering.

Just dont ignore all the Feedback About layering please, now is the time to Change this Thing, u will be unaible to repair the Damage that layering will let behind.

The Youtube Video for a short Demonstration:

I hope Blizzard, you will respond to all the loud Voices that actualy understand what will happen, if layering happen as it is Right now.

Thanks and Regards,

Thomas from Germany

6 Likes

So here’s the situation: My wife is giving birth around mid-August resulting in me receiving 2 weeks of paternity leave from work… I’m gonna need you guys to release Classic earlier in the month so I can re-subscribe and play while I’m at home. Mmkay Blizz? Thanks, you’re the best!

2 Likes

This right here!! <3

Blizzard you NEED to listen to this, do not mess up Classic with this “layering”. It takes away so much of the game.

3 Likes

BETA IS OVER! deuces

Tell your wife to wait.

1 Like

no world buffs in raids cheers <3

Kaivax - are you able to share more on how the Beta Testing is going for the Classic dev team?

Are they getting the feedback they need? Are there any specific areas of testing they’d like more testing to concentrate in?

1 Like

Is the last stress test still happening (even though beta is over)?

Yes but I believe they changed the date from when they first put this up.

I believe its the 25th now?

1 Like

STRESS TEST SCHEDULE*

• Stress Test 1: Wed May 22–Thurs May 23
  • Stress Test 2: Wed Jun 19– Thurs Jun 20
  • Stress Test 3: TBD

*Dates of each stress test are subject to change.

2 Likes

guess not any more

its Vaporware

if only there was some kind of testing program where many people would testing it and report back with a feedback of some kind.