WoW Classic Hotfixes -- Updated November 16

Yeah, 3600 people are so happy they decided to not pin the topic and issue a banwave after to cover it. Lmao

yea your happy bc u dont farm anything and u have less then 500g in your bag gl in tbc lmao

1 Like

I think there are reasons why they are only allowing the 40 man ones, and not the 20 man ones. They clearly want to limit instance farming on top of just bots.
There are a lot more commonly known instance exploits, and farms now than there was back in vanilla plus a lot more players are doing them now flooding the economy with gold.
Its only a minority effected by this limit, but its still punishing players for playing the game. IDK if its good or bad. I think punishing players for playing the game a new way is kind of bad and it should be done a different way

Will you be updating this week by week? For example, in the past 7 days, I have been on vacation. Beginning tomorrow I intend to resume playing classic for several hours per day, so your figures should, at least by my single account, increase on players hitting cap. Will you then consider raising the cap, or removing it? Thank you for updating, this is of critical importance to me that you are monitoring the situation and getting back to your player base.

Also, is doing, for example, solo ZF GY farm or Mara one-pulls that abuse NPC pathing considered exploitative? Is selling these runs to power-level characters exploitative? When will we know what is and is not allowed gameplay? I currently implement these play-styles but do not see any explicit warning to not do such :[

Hotfixes

June 22, 2020

WoW Classic

• The combat log range has been increased for players who are inside dungeons and raids.
    • Developers’ notes: This was originally planned for the next patch (1.13.5), but we wanted to gain its benefits in the live game as soon as possible. The combat log range in the open world remains restricted to prevent a larger radius of stealth detection than existed in original WoW.
4 Likes
  • daily ban waves
  • no dungeon cap
9 Likes

Please increase friendly nameplates to the same range in raid/5man. Please

1 Like

They won’t do that. The combat log range un-nerf is about unnessesary addon and server performance waste, without having ANY effect on gameplay. it was a bad change and they realized it was. Nameplates however are authentic to vanilla expereince so they have no reason to change that. It was bigger at launch do to a bug and nothing more.

Please tell me this is disabled in battlegrounds.

It specifically says dungeons and raids…

Battlegrounds =/= Dungeons or raids

1 Like

Please revert the BoED fix. I want to create a demo shout spell power build. :stuck_out_tongue:

Use me as a “Please Remove the 30 Daily Lockout Cap” Button :slight_smile:

8 Likes

This is the dumbest comment i’ve ever heard. Do you realize with this change to do the same amount of botting as before they need 3 additional accounts? Or they need to level up 3 more lvl 60s on different realms. It requires them to put in 4x the effort instead of 1x the effort to do the same amount of botting.
Every time a botter has their accounts banned they have to invest and level up 4 more accounts just to achieve what one single bot could do before this change or they have to spend all that time to level up 4x level 60s across multiple realms.

All of you who are whining cause you can’t exploit dungeons anymore keep crying. This was a great change to combat botting.

What you are missing is that even though they have said that, Dungeons, raids and Battlegrounds all have something very specific in common, they are all instanced content.

Mistakes CAN happen, and making sure they dont by asking to make certain is good for us all.

Yes but they specifically stated dungeons and raids. Not “instances”.

Just like the 30 limit lock is targeted to “instances” but not battlegrounds. (And now 40 man raids)

Just no

if the above is true, how can

also be true?

7 Likes

But if I want to do zg/aq20 I’m just out of luck?

Admitting you have a problem is half the battle. Now, let’s see this terrible change reverted.

5 Likes