WoW Classic Hotfixes -- Updated November 16

Why wouldn’t they just make it totally inaccessible and avoid all of this nonsense if it’s use is against ToS? I don’t like it, cheap exploit for edge lord griefer types, but silently map edit the path, laugh at people who still try over and over and over, and move on.

So a melee jumps up to kill them, and the other player hops down and isn’t even attackable. Wow, what skill.

Keep crying.

3 Likes

Random tauren says I don’t care well alright boys let’s pack it up chucktaurus says screw the rules

3 Likes

This is a bunch of bullcrap, but I’m not surprised at all. Typical Activision.

Yeah because activision was around in 2006 for wow content. Weird how the rules in 2006 are STILL the rules in 2019.

2 Likes

Trying to save face for Blizzard. I guess they don’t deserve it, according to you.

You want them to spawn Eye of C’Thun there?

Was kind of interesting AFKing for a minute in Gadgetzan and finding out I died due to a Spriest DOTing me from on top of the inn. No idea that was a thing.

1 Like

Can anybody tell me if the drop rate of Essence of Air has been nerfed from the mini whirlwind things in Silithus?

Tough issue

Agree with blizzard on this one. When you see the guard run towards you and suddenly stop for no reason its obvious that it is a bug. Using this to your advantage to attack players in towns is pretty low and bliz is completely within their rights to do this.

Have a good day!

5 Likes

the cryin in here is hilarious lmao… “wahhhh i cant safe spot anymore wahhh”

5 Likes

lmao bull. Private server neckbeards are the loud minority - changes would be welcome.

4 Likes

All I know is, if you have to gank lowbies from the rooftops in gadget, ya just suck at pvp. kthx

4 Likes

“boo hoo, I can’t cheat anymore, waaaah waaaaah” - you

3 Likes

I agree with what you say, Kraft. This is for sure the correct way to deal with the situation. Banning people is stupid, give all the guards guns that can shoot rooftop gankers and just be done with it.

1 Like

how was this an issue, if I stealth a pet shouldn’t be able to see me unless a hunter has me marked and only his pet. This sounds like ya’ll broke something that wasn’t broke.

1 Like

Good, great change.

Now just permaban anyone caught abusing the unintended rooftop/safespotting areas, and the game will be better for everyone playing by the rules.

1 Like

Either way, devs would be making changes to the game whether it’s the TOS changing or modifying HUNDREDS of in-game models. Obviously it’s less costly for Blizzard to adjust the TOS versus paying a designer to modify each model, individually and paying testers to see if such solution even works.
All you people complaining about Blizzard banning for these offenses are the toxicity that this game doesn’t need. You can’t win a fair fight, so you must gank others where they are unable to fight back.
Where’s the honor in killing a defenseless player? Sadly, so many players have ZERO honor. Ganging up on other players and/or attacking them when they are fighting a mob and low on health and/or killing players 11+ levels below you.
Shame on ALL of you!

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

From 2005:
https://web.archive.org/web/20060529065419/http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.aspx?fn=blizzard-archive&t=25&p=1&tmp=1#post25

For those too lazy to right click:

There has been some confusion in regards to whether or not the act of “rooftop camping”, or killing players while using geometry to avoid the town guards, is allowed. We will no longer condone this act in game. Players who participate in this method of PvP will be given a warning and educated on this new policy, and further action will be taken as circumstances warrant. We wish to provide a fair playing field to our customers, and this abuse of game mechanics has been hampering that effort.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

• Caydiem -
    Assistant Community Manager
4 Likes