WoW Classic Era and Hardcore Hotfixes -- Updated February 16

ehhhh =/ I miss classic and woldbuffs already. There, I said it.

Here are today’s hotfixes for WoW Classic:

OCTOBER 1, 2021

WoW Classic

• Fixed issues that caused the talents Permafrost, Camouflage, Amplify Curse, Improved Curse of Exhaustion, Improved Enslave Demon, and Pathfinding to not be applying all of their effects correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where the Battle Map could cause the User Interface to become non-responsive.
  • Fixed an issue with missing footsteps for Dwarves and when riding ram and horse mounts.
  • Fixed an issue that occurs when selecting a player in the Guild User Interface.
  • Fixed an issue that occurs when reordering global channels in Chat Settings.
5 Likes

[quote=“Linxy, post:1, topic:756850”]

OCTOBER 1, 2021

WoW Classic

• Fixed issues that caused the talents Permafrost, Camouflage, Amplify Curse, Improved Curse of Exhaustion, Improved Enslave Demon, and Pathfinding to not be applying all of their effects correctly.
  • Fixed an issue where the Battle Map could cause the User Interface to become non-responsive.
  • Fixed an issue with missing footsteps for Dwarves and when riding ram and horse mounts.
  • Fixed an issue that occurs when selecting a player in the Guild User Interface.
  • Fixed an issue that occurs when reordering global channels in Chat Settings.

Why not list everything that was changed. It seems like you broke more than you fixed, and have essentially made now even ERA servers something I don’t wish to play anymore.
Wouldn’t that be a genuine idea though?

We Fixed:

Then a
We Broke / Screwed Up / Ruined / Over Simplified / Generally Made The Most Played Game Not Playable:

List.
Kudos on your grand idea of a 12 month cadence to a 2 + year game. Only the sweaty will benefit. The poor casuals, you know the main group of those that play?
Won’t have time or the resources to push through Naxx in a year, if they have only have 3-5 hours per week. Not to mention lest you forget Classic had the unbelievable boon of Covid. That kept people home and able to play. Now back to work and school, our general lives starting again, that quite possibly was a driving factor in your numbers. Really great for those that have large groups of friends. Or that are willing to listen to some overgrown man-boi rage in the mic because a mechanic was missed on a Core Hound. Blizzard through shortsightedness. (or i feel just doesn’t care anymore) are eliminating a large portion of your player base. In part also based on surveys that went out to select few. You cannot gauge the heart of your players like a Neilson rating. 1 person cannot represent a thousand. Digital age here folks. Everyone could / should have received a survey, they would be processed in a matter of hours, or less.

Nice updates, thanks

Among other things broken last Tuesday:
Guild tabards

Hello everyone. :blush:
Here is the hotfix that went live today in WoW Classic:

OCTOBER 4, 2021

WoW Classic

• Fixed an issue where some spells were missing visual effects.
4 Likes

Can we please get an update on the Classic Era 1.14 not a bug list, Linxy? There are still so many “bugs” in this client, including:

1. Druids can still change animal forms without first switching to human form

2. Hunters cannot see the minimap while using Eagle Eye

3. Swapping melee weapons triggers a 3-second cooldown on hunters’ auto-shot

With no patch notes for 1.14 and no update to the not a bug list, players are in the dark as to whether these changes (which were not present in either 1.12 or 1.13) are permanent or still bugs to be fixed. Thanks.

Also honor is still not updating correctly. I just received ranking points for games played two weeks ago. Any update on when/if this will be fixed?

Here are today’s hotfixes for WoW Classic.

OCTOBER 5, 2021

WoW Classic

• Fixed an issue where Guild Tabards weren’t displaying textures.
  • Fixed an issue where the “Useable Items” checkbox in the Auction House was not correctly filtering items that taught spells, such as tradeskill recipes.
4 Likes

What about hotfixes for all of the remaining bugs in this client? Ignoring your playerbase and giving no response is not the best business plan for maintaining or increasing subs, Linxy et al.

nice well done guys

Nice, goobjob

Here are the hotfixes that went live today in WoW Classic:

NOVEMBER 9, 2021

WoW Classic

• Fixed an issue where the Colorblind Mode filters were not working as intended on newer graphics cards on DirectX12.
  • Fixed an issue that sometimes caused the appearance of a belt to be removed when a Guild Tabard is removed.
4 Likes

There are a bunch of bugs in Classic Era ever since the patch with the new client as shown in this thread: Random bug list for 1.14 Classic Era

Belt appearance is the least of them. Please address them.

3 Likes

Hello! Here are the hotfixes for WoW Classic Era and Season of Mastery:

NOVEMBER 19, 2021

WoW Classic Era and Season of Mastery

• Fixed an issue where the option to leave a battleground queue was unavailable.
  • Several helmets such as Expert Goldminer’s Helmet and Netherwind Crown will once again properly display.
  • [With realm restarts] Fixed an issue where quests below your level had a greater penalty to reputation gain than intended.
  • [With realm restarts] The in-game clock text should no longer be misaligned at certain resolutions.
  • [With realm restarts] Fixed an issue where the World Map button on the minimap would overlap with the Tracking spell indicator.
8 Likes

they finally fixed the minimap thing i reported a month ago

Are you complaining about a fix?

you’d think that’s what a beta was for but i guess not in 2021

Will this fix the rep gain from Timbermaw Hold and Argent Dawn quest turn ins?

1 Like

what about the animation for setting a hearthstone not working? Not to knit pick it just amazes me how the game is 17 years old and you guys can’t hire the right people to fix the code, no matter how complicated it may or may not be
It was fine in 2004, why is it broken now?

4 Likes