Hooray! Jolly good update!
Word? thats crazy
Not bad, Not bad.
Bumping this one
WoW Classic Era
- The Defias Traitor is no longer killable by players of the opposite faction to prevent griefing.
Bring back the cloning service for classic Era
Now, this one makes sense!
But how does affect resto cat era parsing?!
great, now can you make the other npcs in westfall unkillable because horde can just sit on gryan stoutmantle all day and kill him because no level 60 guards will spawn
Add this to all Troll dungeons and raids, hell add it to all the 5 player dungeons. Make sure ZG is in there.
yup yup i totally agree wit hthis
WoW Classic Hardcore
- The String of Ears buff earned for Mak’gora kills now persists through death.
- Developers’ notes: This will allow the new Classic API to report the correct Mak’gora kill count for deceased characters.
Thanks for the update Kaivax.
Are there any plans for this year to bring back melee auto attack sounds (No auto attack sound after a Dodge, Parry or Block) ? It is very evident with warriors and paladins, specially with a 2h weapon. The sound is also missing when the attack happens around the same time as an instant-cast melee ability like Sunder.
WoW Classic Era
- For each player-character’s current Rank, weekly PvP contribution calculations now only award up to the amount of contribution points missing in progress towards the next Rank threshold.
- Developers’ note: In higher ranks, players have been intentionally earning dishonorable kills to lower themselves below their current rank threshold in order to gain credit for an additional Rank, thereby allowing them to gain progress more quickly than a player who is just above that next Rank threshold. You now first earn up to the amount you’re missing from the Rank you start in. There should no longer be a benefit from lowering one’s rank via dishonorable kills to earn progress more quickly.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Honor reward for Alterac Valley marks turn-in quests to be unintentionally doubled.
Dear Sir (or Madam?),
Thank you for the AV mark adjustment and this notice.
I would like to point out something that I think would require your attention. As you may have noticed, the PVP community is entirely confined in AV and many players would like to see some life in the other battlegrounds. As it stands, for anyone that is ranking, AV honor gains relative to effort far outweighs those of any other battleground. It would be appreciated to restore some balance.
Generally, the current player base only thrive for 6-minute AV base rushes, making PVP very much irrelevant. I would suggest maybe buffing the NPCs to counter that form of gameplay. I believe the ranking system should better reflect PVP, not be hinged entirely on PVE in Alterac Valley.
Furthermore, may I suggest a matchmaking system for the other battlegrounds, where groups over a given threshold (let’s say 5, as it was in TBC classic if I recall correctly), will only be queued against group of 5+ players only (or similar size). Although not a perfect solution, this may benefit those that don’t have many friends to queue with, or would like to experience AB and WSG battlegrounds casually, without the fear of facing 10-stack premades, to enjoy the battleground and not ultimately be part of completely uncompetitive and unenjoyable games also yielding very little honor for the effort (aka stomps).
Finally, I would suggest some changes that reward players for PVP efforts, rather than PVE, and encourage competitive and fun gameplay for as many people as possible as they pursue their ranking journey.
Have a great day!
(not sure if anyone even looks at this but here’s for hoping)
Is WSG/AB supposed to be halved as well? Those marks are still turning in at 796 for me.
Wait, does this make it impossible to rank from R1-14 in 8 weeks now?
The way I’m reading that is it’s going to take quite a bit longer to rank now, correct?
Does that mean we can finally play WSG or AB again? no cool