WoW Classic Era 1.14 PTR

It is not realistic to assume that they add this content. The only stuff I could imagine is maybe Transmog or Dual spec, maybe dungeon finder. But whole new zones, dungeons or even raids, is a no go I am afraid.

Classic Vanilla is played by a few thousand people tops, there is just no community for the investment it would take.

While I think that TBC fresh would have been the way to go (the only time fresh made sense in my opinion), the lack of players is not because TBC is out, but because classic Vanilla just isnt as popular anymore.

Yes, there is a tight community that plays it, my realm has a nice community of a few hundred people and its fun, but we are in a minority and this will not change with a fresh realm. People played through classic once or twice by now, why do it a third time?

Those that want fresh are min maxers, powergamers or streamers who want to fill their ego with realm first but after that? They will leave immediately and the realm will remain empty.

I saw this happen at classic with new realms, also at TBC and Blizzard will have learned from that I hope.
Only realms made on release are still healthy on retail, all other realms are dead there and only saved by xrealm and dungeon browser. Same will happen to Vanilla fresh, it just doesnt make sense right now.

It would be much more important to add important quality of life features, like the name system. I have a friend who wanted to join me, but her name is taken by someone who doesnt even play. She would have joined, but not without that name that she had since Alpha WOW.

Some others dont want to play as they want dual spec, dungeon browsers or transmog, some even 1.5 AV and so on. These are things that could motivate some to play on classic vanilla again, but if those things will come? Who knows.

The right click happens everywhere, but I agree xrealm is a mistake and that is why I dont understand why you want server merges. The are evil and kill communities, not fix them.

If you want a realm without strangers, RP is the way to go and it is heaven. Just that we share BG´s, with others is an issue.

I dont know why you feel people were forced into TBC, as they were not. I am still on classic with my chars and made new ones on TBC. Nobody had to go anywhere, but truth is, the realms were already quite empty before TBC realms came up.

Most people realized at one point that layering and xrealm but also the whole 1.12 balance are just not as much fun as playing WOW 1.0. Besides that, the rose tinted googles have worn off, a lot is just painful like killing 100 strider for 8 claws and such.

For many classic vanilla was a short fun when it was new, but after a while only the try hards were left and BG´s were full of twinks and rank 14 premades, which was terrible and finding a raid without paying gold or competing with the lotus mafia became a chore.

Honestly, I understand why many did not stay and leave.

People can already do that. We have reroll projects on my realm, two nice guilds with active players. No need to fracture the already small community even further by opening new realms.

You mean 20 servers that you could have chosen and you have waited enough of your turn?

Because Classic+ people want to see their thing.

I dont know what this PTR is, but if it’s just the same vanilla classic, I am going to be extremely disappointed because you don’t need PTR for this nonsense.

Below are some changed other players and I have discovered

• /spit changed to be unable to target players. Now always does “You spit on the ground”
  • /whistle changed to a different sound
  • Mount specials no longer make any noise
  • Ping comparisons indicate server location is not on NA west coast, but server still uses NA West coast time
  • Still no patch notes on what else has changed

Here’s to hoping this is at least a precursor to globally merged classic era to truly make it a world of warcraft.

6 Likes

helllo heelosd

yes sir, this is good

I am not opposed to Blizzard making a Classic +
In fact I hope you get it; though I will not be playing it. I made three primary proposals in my previous post here:

I think they could launch a quick fresh with minimal changes and THEN begin work on a Classic + It’s not such a big deal to have 4 ‘wow communities’ or splitting the player base because for the most part the people want what they want and refuse to play anything other than what they want. They’ll have the audience and a solid population for their servers as long as we keep it small.

1 Like

Seems like the PTR got an update. Only changes I’ve noticed are the following:

• Bug report button removed
  • UI elements fixed on the in-game menus

All other documented changes I mentioned earlier are still present, as far as I know.

1 Like

druids shapeshifting now removes root effects as intended. the mail and items is ALL messed up though. my friend gave me a x5 stack of swiftness potions and when i logged back in … that slot in my bag was lvl 12 healing potions :confused:

Nice! Can’t wait for classic fresh!

1 Like

Since the Blizzard Bug Report Tool is not working on the PTR, I shall share my current feedback here for now. Starting from level 1 on a Warrior Orc named Draenor, this is what I have to report so far:

• Bag size is 20 slots instead of 16.
  • When inventory is full, any item picked up vanishes and doesn’t give the “Inventory is Full” error. When logging out, any vanished item will return to any empty bag slots upon relogging in.
  • Key bindings do not remain upon logging in and out.
  • Poor and Common rating items dropped from enemies in the starting zones seems to be more common.
  • Damage dealt to enemies seems higher, damage dealt from enemies seems lower.
    Shall keep updating till the Report Tool is fixed.
  • Backpack is completely busted; other bags do not store items picked up from containers. The backpack seems to have unlimited space, but vanishing items return to any empty slot in the backpack after relogging.
  • When choosing an item from a quest reward, if the backpack is full, it pops up with the error “Inventory is Full.”
  • The Backpack doesn’t have unlimited slots, seems to have a fixed amount but the extra slots cannot be seen with the UI.
1 Like

Note that a base bag size of 20 is normal on classic, once you install the “authenticator” app:

Yes this is a #somechanges thing.

The other weirdness, that seems buggy.

Classic as in Vanilla wow is NOT normal to have anything other than 16 slot bags for the backpack. Just another $$$$ grab… NOT IN MY FRESH!

1 Like

Classic + is meant to have changes you door knob.

How hard can it be to release 4 new fresh servers come on Blizz.

5 Likes

It looks like they’re doing some #somechanges but if they use a light brush I will probably still play. If it’s a Classic /Retail smash up… naw I’ll pass.

Vanilla wow with some changes is NOT a Classic + (it’s technically “Vanilla with sprinkles”)
The “Plus” aspect comes from the idea that AFTER the #nochanges Classic game gets past Naxx they launch some of the original designs or ideas IN CLASSIC as additional content.

Think of Classic + as if TBC never happened and Wow went in an alternate direction.
(go watch some Youtubes on the topic and see what you might have missed these past 7 or so years)

1 Like

you already have your vanilla with no changes server, go play them. the new one will hopefully have changes to make fresh feel fresh again.

2 Likes

Classic forever and fresh aren’t enemies. They can work together over the long haul.

Classic fresh servers should end at a certain point (15-18 months?) and be merged into the forever servers. That would reliven up the forever scene while allowing seasonal fresh to start over again.

Would be a win win, bring back thousands of players to fresh and then allow at least hundreds more to join the forever groups.

The way TBC classic was handled was just poor imo.

Some servers should have continued while other servers should have stayed classic forever. This clone/copy stuff was just a bad idea.

6 Likes

Fresh asap.

5 Likes

exactomundo! This has been successfully done already on many of the Pserver communities over the years. Thank you for making known that it’s not an “us” vs “them”… we can have a win win.

2 Likes

Where’s the link to the details of these changes that should obviously be in this post?

3 Likes