Stop screaming about the “community” when it’s really just a subset of players who play 1 of 10 classes available to only one faction in the game. This was not a bug and you admit such. This was based on 1.12, accept it and move on.
From Allakhazam: on 2006/10/09 (Patch 1.12.1)
Subject: "Question on +spell dammage"I have this on my pally on Bonechewer and he is in 6/8 judgement. It is roughly +160 spell dammage and when this weapon procs it only procs at 150-170 life drain. Any insight as to how spell dammage works or why this may be doing this would be great help thx
From AllakhazamBy Makenzie [on 2007/01/15]drinker#comments:id=30895) (Patch 2.0.5)
Subject: "."Interesting that it’s proc is affected by spell damage, its not a very good weapon otherwise, so it would def. belong in the hands of a pallie. Enhancement shammies don’t really stack damage that much, there are probably easier/better weapons for them to get.
Impressive. You responded to direct testimony from a paladin regarding Neretzek’s lack of spell power scaling during Patch 1.12, which is where Classic is drawn from, with a speculative post based on hearsay from Patch 2.0.5 which is not where Classic is drawn from.
Thank you for your assistance in confirming for everyone who reads just this thread that this isn’t a bug.
It is 1.12 not 1.11. It is correct for the patch. Think for a minute.
How about the 10 second ICD that shadow oil suffers from? Clearly in the text it says 15% chance on hit and that is not how it is functioning at all. After one hit from shadow oil it goes on an Internal Cooldown of 10 seconds. I don’t know if this is an oversight or what but it’s clearly not working as intended if the ICD prevents the 15% chance to proc. Blizzard Devs please at least look into this. <3
I’ve just updated the OP with the following:
Updates for Patch 1.13.6 (12/03/2020)
Combat & Class Mechanics
- Consecration, Rain of Fire, Premeditation, Flamestrike, Arcane Missiles, Blizzard, and Volley are correctly counting as a debuff, but not displaying a debuff icon.
- Life Drain effects (enchants or procs) cannot crit, consistent with reference client behavior.
- Vaelastrasz the Corrupt and Nefarian are susceptible to the Vindication (and similar) debuff, and this strength reduction properly reduces the damage dealt by these creatures.
- The Ice Guard enchant cannot be applied to another player’s items via the enchant slot of the trade window.
- Green Lens’ random enchantment pool does not include elemental resistances.
- Splinters of Atiesh are not tradable.
- Developer’s Note: This is unfortunately due to a technical limitation that prevents us from being able to make stackable Bind-on-Pickup items tradable during the 2-hour trade window. The only alternative was to make these items non-stackable which seemed even less palatable given the high number of these items that need to be gathered to complete Atiesh, Greatstaff of the Guardian.
- Looting a Frozen Rune from the wall in Naxxramas will save you to the raid instance and that rune will not respawn.
- The “Pattern: Glacial Wrists” item that has been datamined, and that appears to require Hydraxian Waterlords reputation, is not obtainable in-game. Players who are Revered with Argent Dawn and who are master Tailors can learn how to craft Glacial Wrists directly from Master Craftsman Omarion in Naxxramas.
- On Anub’Rekhan, Corpse Scarabs do not immediately spawn from Crypt Guard corpses, and they may not spawn if Anub’Rekhan is out of range when the spawn timer delay is triggered.
- It is possible to pull Infectious Skitterer packs through the gate after the Anub’Rekhan encounter with healing aggro.
- Arcane Bombs do not affect Naxxramas Cultists or Naxxramas Acolytes.
- The “Widow’s Embrace” debuff that Faerlina’s Worshippers cast when they sacrifice themselves will also be placed on nearby players, but has no detrimental effects.
- Flask of Petrification and similar effects or immunities may not prevent Maexxna’s Web Spray ability.
- If any trash is left alive when Instructor Razuvious is pulled, all of the trash will pull with him.
- Instructor Razuvious does not have a chat line accompanying the Disrupting Shout mechanic.
- Disrupting Shout only deals damage if it drains mana, and the damage it deals is dependent upon the amount of mana drained.
- Instructor Razuvious will emote/bark when he kills a player, but there is an internal cooldown on how often he will do so.
- Deathknight Understudy has a small chance to miss its attacks against Instructor Razuvious.
- Gothik the Harvester, or his adds, may spawn additional enemies if they detect no living players on one side of the encounter space.
- Four Horsemen will run through the door to attack still-living players who are outside the encounter space when the encounter is reset.
- Plagued Ghouls cannot be debuffed by Frost Trap.
- Plagued Gargoyles’ AoE attacks cannot be avoided by line-of-sight manipulation.
- Noth the Plaguebringer does not have a voice line/chat emote to signal his teleportation to the balcony to begin the adds phase.
- Heigan the Unclean’s Mana Burn ability does not use an Arcane Explosion visual.
- The door between the eyestalk gauntlet and Heigan the Unclean’s room is intentionally left open during the encounter.
- The hallway between Loatheb and Heigan the Unclean is intentionally empty once the Heigan encounter has been completed.
- Loatheb’s Spore spawn locations are dependent upon boss positioning, and match reference client.
- Patchwerk’s Hateful Strike mechanic considers both high threat and high HP.
- In the 3rd row of Living Poison slimes after Patchwerk, the fifth blob that spawns always disappears, creating a gap.
- Stitched Spewer knockbacks match the reference client.
- Gluth’s Decimate casts are not based on time, and its interaction is consistent with design.
- Thaddius is tauntable.
- Positive Charge and Negative Charge debuffs are not removed when Thaddius dies, and will continue to deal damage in the presence of oppositely-charged players or when the debuffs expire.
- Frost Aura damage is not affected by Dampen Magic or Amplify Magic.
- Sapphiron’s Blizzard deals damage periodically, but applies the Slow effect instantaneously to players in its area of effect. Players who are dipping in and out of the Blizzard effect may never take damage as reapplying the aura delays its first DoT tick.
- Sapphiron does not display a target while casting Icebolt at players.
- Players are out of line of sight for healing and other beneficial spells while affected by Sapphiron’s Icebolt.
- Players who were struck by another target’s Icebolt are ineligible targets for their own Icebolt, which may result in fewer than 5 ice blocks spawning during the encounter.
- Pets and totems cannot be targeted by Icebolt.
- Sapphiron’s Frost Breath may be avoided with the use of Vanish.
- Unstoppable Abominations’ health pools, Mortal Wound ability damage, and inability to be disarmed, all matches their reference client behavior.
- Guardian of Icecrown’s scaling damage and Bloodtap ability matches reference client behavior.
- Guardian of Icecrown can be affected by roots and snares.
- Kel’thuzad’s highest threat target is a valid selection for Chains of Kel’Thuzad.
I always suspected this, since the timing was all over place, thanks for confirming. Deleted that timer Probably based on x number of living chow up or some other criteria of similar effect that makes it appear like a consistent timing but can vary if something affects those variables.
I’ve just added the following to the OP:
- Once players have cleared all four wings and entered Frostwyrm Lair there is no teleporter or other method to return to the lower levels of Naxxramas.
- This includes leaving the instance and returning, as you will be ported directly to Frostwyrm lair upon Entering Naxxramas once the portal has become activated.
Edit: This has been removed from the Not A Bug list. Thank you!
Are you also including using the teleporter after clearing the 4th wing? It did not give us the opportunity to choose if we wanted to enter the Lair.
example: Spiderwing is the last one we have up - we kill Maex - click the teleporter and instantly brought into the Frostwyrm Lair.
The behavior of being teleported directly to Frostwyrm Lair once all 4 wings are cleared is technically not a bug. This is the behavior that existed in the original game.
However, we have decided this is worth changing. In an upcoming hotfix, zoning into Naxxramas will now place you on the lower entrance platform, avoiding the teleport into Frostwyrm lair until you walk to the upper platform.
In keeping with the theme of the raid, however, there will still be no natural exit from Frostwyrm Lair. Naxxramas is, among other things, a magical prison from which escape is difficult for both physical and psychic reasons. One does not simply walk out of Naxxramas. In order to escape from Naxxramas, you’ll require the aid of powerful sorcery, available from mages, warlocks, or your local innkeeper.
Once you have exited, returning will start you in the lower 4 wings.
The grammer is my biggest complaint. Carry on
Sounds like a thing that they’re just too lazy to fix. A “technical limitation” just means the financial cost to fix it isn’t deemed worth the relative value in customer satisfaction.
GMs should at least fix mistakes made during these first weeks. In case you guys don’t pay attention, it’s pretty much the meta for master looters to just hold all the loot until the end of the raid or until a good stopping point to distribute loot. I’m sure plenty of guilds have made this mistake as there was absolutely no warning this wouldn’t work.
Wasn’t the current tank always a target of getting MC anyways?
Blizzard has made changes in the name of fun before and fixing ashbringer/Neretzek seems like it could be really fun for a select few. Please consider changing/fixing them to scale with spellpower
Okay, so I went and farmed 20 necrotic runes on grobbulus today on this paladin alt to get the tabard. Took him a while to get up to a level where I could reasonably farm them. I wanted to turn in, but the quest turn in for under the shadows is gone, so I can’t turn in the pre quest to be able to use the argent dawn quartermasters, despite them still being in the game.
So is it impossible to get the argent dawn tabard if you haven’t turned in under the shadows now, despite having the runes to turn in and the turn in npcs for the tabard itself still being in the game?
I have the same issue. The quest giver for Under the Shadows is gone. I can’t turn in these runes to get items, which is complete bull**** because Blizzard themselves said the quest givers would still be here December 31st.
I’ve just added this to the OP:
- It is possible for dispels to be resisted or fail, particularly if the source of the dispel is significantly lower level than the spell target.
some in RBG hack alliance lot ever have yes saw anyone computer here problem bug not joke take end up update about hack on here thank you