⭐ Classic is Definitely not Vanilla

Not really man.

Motivation for the majority of people (hence Jeff Kaplans comment on “the path of least resistance”) comes from shared content and difficulty.

Watch the clip in my initial post, “dungeon design”.

Yea I went and got rid of it, what I was trying to get at was against something I misread my bad.

1 Like

No worries thanks for taking your time to realize that :slight_smile:

Merad

4 posts

:roll_eyes:

Stay on topic please :slight_smile:

Okay.

You said the goal of your pointless thread was to find ways to prevent the

of dungeons. You proceeded to list a bunch of changes you want reverted, few of which would have any significant impact on multipulling, or what you consider faceroll.

Not to mention, you’ve completely ignored Blizzard’s most recent statement:

“That mission has been a pillar of WoW Classic’s design from its inception.”

They’re not going to throw away the testing they’ve done so far to massively change the data of so many creatures, like you’re suggesting. You’re going to have to wait for the same thing I need to wait for if I want Guild Banks and updated Graphics, if it ever happens.

Classic+

/thread?
/thread.

1 Like

Only if they keep Classic+ separate from actual Classic.

Games do not have to be “hard” to be fun.

1.12, warts and all. #nochanges (from 1.12)

2 Likes

I cheat like a mofo in certain single-player games and it’s still way more fun than BFA.

Unfortunately they can’t recreate the original difficulty by reverting the things you stated.
They won’t fix the fact that items/classes and talents are stronger in 1.12 which is why it feel easier now.

Don’t listen to those “knowledge is why it’s easy” babies.
If you put a monster with 0 mechanics but with a lot of HP and hard damages, it’s gonna be a hard one. (Patchwerk for example)

The only way to help recreate the original difficutly to compensate for using 1.12 as base is doing some tunning + reverting pre 1.11 threat and 8 debuff during stage 1&2

The purpose of the thread is once again not do discuss the “how”, but the “what”.

I trust it to the proffesionals (Blizzard) to create the best possible experience.

Dont se the point with your thread mate :slight_smile:

I think Darem just answered your post above.

Meh. I didn’t bother renewing my sub for BfA. Played it for 2 months & got bored. Besides, I need to focus more on FFXIV with Shadowbringers releasing in less than 2 weeks.

1 Like

:slight_smile:

There’s a huge problem here though, Darem.

You’re advocating for changes to the game data.

Those changes were ruled out by Blizzard already as being “inauthentic” and “not [their] data to change.”

If you’re looking for a retuning, you’re not getting one.

Do you understand that if everything is “easy” the community we were looking for won’t exist ?

Vanilla had a strong community because we needed each other to progress.
It’s not because it’s write “Classic” that people will just start doing social.

6 Likes

I fear that you once again are missing the point bro.

It’s not a change as long as there is an earlier patch that represents the input.

The Nost. community which started this uprise, this whole opporunity I might add - didn’t ask for 1.12 patch in all its glory. They asked for WoW Vanilla.

All answers to your questions are in the posts above :slight_smile:

1 Like

The old data in all likelihood does not exist anymore. Blizzard only had two versions of WoW back during Vanilla’s heyday – the live version, and the in-development version. Once the in-development version got pushed to live, it overwrote live’s data. They then started overwriting the in-development version’s data for the next patch cycle.

They didn’t start creating backups until around the time TBC was nearing.

That’s why we’re getting a full 1.12 instead of a “Frankenpatch.”

[citation needed]

Untrue. Vanilla had a strong community because of server identity. That went out the window as soon as cross-realm stuff came about. LFD/LFR etc, didn’t kill community. The cross-realm components of those tools did.

No. People will start being social because realm choice will make a difference again, and because of the long, tedious (not difficult) leveling grind.

Interesting statement.

Why should you and I debate and speculate to whether they have the data or not, to why they can do this or not?

Leave that to the proffesionals - once again.

I’m only here to discuss the “what”.

I still havnt recieved one good argument as to why a hybrid patch (made by Blizz that fits) has any downsides.

1 Like