WoW Classic Character Clone Pricing Update

I appreciate the change honestly, I thought the original cost was way too high for what it was giving and this price is much more reasonable.

11 Likes

Great! Now, let’s talk about Season 1 Arena rewards…

8 Likes

*looks at the price of a server transfer

Guys, this is a tactic they’ve taken for one of two reasons:

1. They did some math and realized they would make more money by having more people paying a lower amount than less people paying higher.

or

1. They were never going to keep it at the absolutely ridiculous price of $35, and they’re now trying to make you feel good about purchasing this lower price because it’s “such a bargain” compared to what it was originally.

Not that I really think we should be paying for this at all, but this service should never be per character. Try fixing that point next Blizzard.

Edit: I feel the need to add this to my post:

This is completely irrelevant when discussing the price of this service. A price tag on the character copy does not create a possibility of building relationships, if anything it removes those possibilities.

47 Likes

Man, didn’t take long for the bargaining to start - don’t be thankful they lowered the price - go for more cause Classic folks are some greedy peeps for sure.

14 Likes

it’s ridiculous that this costs money at all

59 Likes

Thank God. Maybe now all these streamers and youtubers (that plan to copy and never play the character ever again anyways) will finally shut up about this stupid topic.

8 Likes

It feels wrong to dignify this with a response lol. By all rights, that should be right up there with EA’s infamous pride and accomplishment reddit post.

19 Likes

I can clone my character to the ptr for free. Not sure why this isnt free as well.

24 Likes

Still not buying it.

30 Likes

This is awesome!! Thank you for listening to everyone!

I am sure the people who plan on playing both characters will be very happy with this decision!

5 Likes

Thank you for lowering the cost. Now I can clone the 4 characters I wanted to and have it be within my budget. This is a great change and is appreciated.

9 Likes

Im glad to see the price drop! I still haven’t decided what I will do with which toons but I’m glad to know the price has lowered on this. It gives me more choices.

4 Likes

Thank you for lowering the price, but you guys can do away with the boilerplate response. You knew that was too high when you did it.

26 Likes

Overshot the original price by $20, totally normal mistake to make

/s

11 Likes

Yeah no.

You give us the big ask @ $35 and then lower it when people inevitably complain.

I see the Blizzard tricks.

23 Likes

A far more reasonable price but should be at the most $10. Maybe have a package deal that costs $35 to copy all of your characters to both.

Also any chance you will have a Deluxe Edition version that is cheaper and doesn’t have the boost? Some of us like having the digital editions but not the boosts.

7 Likes

It’s a fair price point. I was thinking $10, but $15 is fair. Thanks for reviewing this and acting on it.

8 Likes

WoW! I wasn’t going to play classic TBC due to the old outrageous cloning prices, but since you guys are finally listening to the community I’ll help with the positive feedback loop and clone both my classic characters, nothing to lose at this point since the price has been halved. Thanks, Blizz!

4 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Aren’t we forgetting them sending out random prices to tbc testers saying what they would pay ranging from 10-45? Most said 10-15 so they said let’s see how they react to 35. Oh they didn’t like that let’s go back to what the majority said.

4 Likes