WoW Classic 3D accelerator crash

The game was running great yesterday and most of today, but a couple hours ago the game started crashing with an error about unable to load 3D accelerator. I just updated my graphucs driver and did a restart and this did not fix the problem.

1 Like

Try the solutions found on this sticky Mojombo:

I am attempting them now. Thank you

There are a good number of these 3D acceleration issues. I imagine the Tech team is working hard on solutions.

Thank you for the replies. I contact support and they provided some potential fixes, but none of them work. Hopefully they can fix this for everyone soon.

Mine only occurred when I attempted to move Classic from one monitor to the next but I’ll take a look at the post that was linked before I contact support.

I was just online for about an hour before it happened again. That is the longest stretch I have been able to stay online so far. Tech support had me delete my razer synapse and now my mouse moves way too fast but at least I was online. I hope I can reinstall it again and still play soon.

Hi Mojombo

There are mouse settings found on the Menu > Interface > Mouse. (click the Monitor icon bottom tool bar ingame)

Try lowering the Look Speed . Enable the Mouse Sensitivity (check the box) then try adjusting that.

Thank you! Next time I am able to stay logged in I will try that.

There is a known issue with Discord Overlay, it will randomly cause the “unable to load 3d accelerator” error. If your using Discord I would start by disabling the overlay. =)

3 Likes

I too am having the same problem. I was playing 2 nights in a row. On the 3rd it showed that error message. Very sad as i have spent hours looking at forums and have done absolutely everything I could. Hopefully a fix is in the near future!

1 Like