Wow beta and stress test

I was able to download the beta and stress test but when i go to press play it is grayed out and says you cant play wow classic yet.

Anyone know why i can download but not play it?

Stress is definitely down.

Beta could be down.

Have you checked the beta forums?

Edit: Checked my own dropdown - I see the beta & stress client in there. I wasn’t accepted into beta however, and the “Play” button is greyed out and the pop-up reads “You can’t play WoW Classic yet”. Are you certain you have beta access?

1 Like

I’m as well experiencing this. I participated in the 1st and 2nd Stress Tests before my access was removed along with many other players.

Now I see it’s on my launcher again, But I checked my Account Management and the beta access is not listed there. I also cannot load the beta or beta Forums as they are greyed out.

Wondering if we got flagged by accident at this point of time seeing as we cannot access the beta or post on the beta Forums.

I would suggest checking your email. That’s been the only really reliable indication of Classic beta/stress access.

There was a change made to the BDA that now allows people who were invited to the stress tests to uninstall (it had to be done manually up until now). A side effect of this change is that the client is appearing for download, even for those who are not invited.

6 Likes

Thanks, Levíathan. That’s good information.

Thanks for the clarification regarding this. Makes sense now as to why we cannot access the beta itself.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Just to add to this - out of all the options you have to uninstall classic beta doing it this way is pretty much the best option we have given the shared data folder.

While the BDA does have garbage collection it’s not smart enough to see that you’ve deleted the _classic_beta_ folder and assume you want to uninstall the classic beta.

You could of course try deleting random files in the Data folder that is probably the worst thing you can attempt given the CASC file structure. CASC files aren’t named with the build number in them - they are named differently depending on how they’ve been encoded into the data.xx files when installed.

3 Likes