Wow armory in classic wow

Will the wow website armory with details on raid completion be available for wow classic. I cant recall there being one back in Vanilla, just wondering if yall know if this was a thing back then? and if it will feature in classic.

I’d prefer it not exist if it was a bc/wotlk accompaniment.

What are your thoughts?

No word yet. Perhaps add the question to the ongoing list of requested information in the stickied thread at the top of the forum.

:cocktail:

1 Like

Thanks, have popped the question in there also.

1 Like

I’d imagine it’d be available. If for whatever reason it’s not supported by blizzard then someone will create one

1 Like

My memory says there wasnt one, but I am not 100% certain.

The reason I think that is that I remember websites that collected stats on players and what their gear was in Vanilla.

I can categorically confirm that WoW Armory didn’t exist in vanilla, however I am sure they will have it for ‘classic’.

WoW Armory Beta was released around mid-TBC, and was best during WotLK—it’s garbage now.

2 Likes

There wasn’t. Since the armory exists now I think it would be cool to have it for Classic.

There wasn’t. The armory started 2 or 3 website iterations ago, but it wasn’t on the original website.

If there isn’t an official one. There will be an unoffical one.

1 Like

Bring back CTProfiles.

2 Likes

I’m not sure how they can even measure what bosses you completed outside of gear without going out of their way to add something.

Easy, just use the same exact flag for whether or not you’ve killed a boss that we have now. So in classic, if you killed Rag, it can still be flagged on your character, but just lack a UI to show it.

It’s already there, all they have to do is just remove the UI, and not show achievements on the “classic armory.”

1 Like

Pretty sure armory is like battlenet integration, one of those things that will be taken for granted to be in.
Unless people don’t want to post in the forums with their Classic character avatars and prefer to stick to using retail characters avatars in classic forums? Since the forum avatar system is linked to the armory.

People can hide their profiles, so you can’t look up their armory. All Blizzard has to do is make all Classic characters private profiles.

1 Like

You’re correct, it’s a TBC addition.

As such it’s not authentic to the original vanilla experience.

2 Likes

Just because a game is on battlenet does not require it have a character in the armory.

If that were true, then blizzard has a lot of problems to work out on their other games that aren’t world of Warcraft.

1 Like