Wow arena sucks

Lets take away ret heals… since thats holy fantasy… you sound like this…

1 Like

I don’t recall Blastoise having Charizard’s flame attack in Pokémon. Prove me wrong

4 Likes

True… but what i said is true but nonetheless this is wow not pokemon. Take away bop and flash of light from ret and take the judgement and crusader strike from holy. Lets go all the way across the board

I wouldn’t be opposed to the idea but the biggest difference is Paladin has 1 dps spec, where as Mage has 3. Any of the True DPS only classes should have each individual spec have drawbacks and bonuses that distinguish it from the other choices.

As it stands fire has the best damage and the most amount of CC of all 3 mage specs, which really makes no sense.

1 Like

according to your logic a dps spec shouldn’t have healing spells since that falls within the healing spec boundaries, doesnt really matter whether you have 1 or 10 dps specs in your class

nah, imo its just gpy that is very toxic, fire mage cc in legion wasnt really an issue in legion and pretty much similar unless I’m mistaken

1 Like

You’re right pure dps specs shouldn’t have heals, but Paladin is a hybrid class… not a pure dps class. Destro for instance is balanced because when you kick Chaos Bolt it locks out all schools, which just isn’t true for anything Mage can do. If kicking arcane (Poly) locked out all schools it would be a different story.

Take out Gpyro that’s fine, it needs to happen. But each mage spec should have access to only 2 schools of magic. There’s literally zero justifiable reason why fire should have 3 schools while frost / arcane have 2.

1 Like

No, but it’s a stupid concept to push forward.

2 Likes

At the risk of getting piled on here, I actually agree with Ret that Fire’s strength lies in 3 casting schools. Ring of Frost is fun and all but I have a hard time justifying it’s availability for fire on top of the rest of it’s toolkit if I’m being honest. Frost Nova is fine though

Or leave it and I’ll keep having fun on my mage alt idc

I don’t really care even if they are the same effects as long they are in the correct school for the spec, so locking the school disables their use and allows actual counterplay. Not this bull crap mess we have right now.

Instead of Frost Nova: Fire Nova “Fire burns enemies feet nearby, they are unable to move for X seconds.”

Instead of Ring of Frost: Ring of Fire “Enemies that are hit by Fire are trapped inside to burn for X seconds”

Or you know… just make kicks lock out all schools and act as a blanket silence again. Solves the problem either way.

preview.redd.it /yr630bcd8ay21. jpg?width=960&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=854a371606e2f60088902f1497bf14d0358d43d9

I accept ur apology

1 Like

Now find Jesus putting 100 million in my bank account you miracle worker you.

2 Likes

The best pvp expansions in this game’s history revolved around casters having numerous schools of magic to utilize.

The issue is not # of schools, it’s that casters are too tanky and will just stand there rotating through all 3 schools without caring about the fact that they just got kicked on poly or frost school.

Previous xpacs, if you kicked a mage on arcane school and both dps connected, that’s a block or a dead mage. If you locked them on frost it was them instantly blinking to not get caught in that lockout and die without blocking, or forced repositioning.

Casters need to be squishier, there is nothing more to that conversation.

3 Likes

can this trashcan 2200 ret please gtfo my thread. this is about arena in general not any specific class. You literally dont know what you are talking about. You should be banned perma from forums for hijacking my thread.

3 Likes

queue with me fam

Fire mage in legion was more so about sustained pressure with some pretty solid burst.

But the problem with fire mage now is that in a comp like WMP the fire mage has almost 0 sustained pressure unless they are getting gpyros off, or they rely on taking faster combust for more burst.

But outside of gpyro fire mages have the problem they have like no sustained pressure.

Yes because your original post was informative and necessary. Lol go back to queuing double fire and being a part of why arena sucks right now.

9 Likes

yes i agree i hate it. id take legion fire over bfa any day.

1 Like

Mages have been one of the most frustrating specs to play against for some time. In more recent expansions where they can spam polymorph without any kind of consequence and get massively rewarded for it, not fun to deal with.

I don’t remember it always being like this. Polymorph has always been a good spell but the pruning of classes and overall nerfing of healers has made it too good.

And because of this, outside of Polymorph the mage class is just an empty shell of what it used to be.

Casters could do to be squishier, but to do so they would need to nerf overall mobility for a lot of melee classes. Casters are tanky right now because actual effective kiting is basically dead right now

You mean bugging flamestrike fire from legion, or the other version?

1 Like