Would you pay for flying?

I’m cheap, so no.

Exactly. At this point I don’t even know if I’d take flying even if they gave it to everyone else for free. There are so many flight points, boats, rafts, whistles, spud, magical spring unicorn, all to get people from point A to B quickly while keeping us all on the ground (and gasp visible to each other!) like what’s the point?

People think the expansion is dead now, but Boralus and Zuldazar will be literal ghost towns once they implement flying. GHOST TOWNS

Paying AAA game price for one feature. Lol no. Nice troll btw.

1 Like

I’m generally an opponent of flying, but I totally get why people like it. What I’m most glad about regarding your post is that even though you like flying, you’re against the entire pay-to-win mindset of the OP. It’d be basically impossible to compete with anyone farming herbs or ore or anything else if you couldn’t fly and they could because they ponied up the dough. So it’s a hard pass for me, too. :wink:

I, myself, hated how Cata treated flying because I’d spent part of BC and all of Wrath farming as many cool mounts as I could, when suddenly literally all the ground mounts I owned became completely worthless because all current content required you to fly. You literally could not progress without flying.

Well, I guess there was Vashj’ir, but the less said about that, the better. :stuck_out_tongue:

I thought that having flying unlock at max level was acceptable, though I’m more of a fan of the Pathfinder route, myself, because I can unlock it for all future characters in a single go. I get to ride on the ground for a while, then we all get to do things more quickly later on. I know a lot of people love the “freedom” of being able to fly, but there’s no reason to make valleys, vales, caves and rivers with bridges and roads if you’re just going to allow flight from the get-go. It’s all just Ironforge Airfield eye candy to look at as you pass by to the next quest objective marker. Maybe we can do without the Argus-esque mob packs clustered all over the bridges, sure, but I like riding on the ground. It’s not feasible in any sort of competitive setting like farming, or Warmode shards, or times when 20 people are trying to get the same quest to kill 15 monsters done at the same time, though.

Nope. As long as I can earn the ability then I will continue to do so. I do like having something to work towards not everything should be available with the swipe of a credit card.

Aye, like someone said above, it’s a very slippery slope. Bad precedent to set, imo.

3 Likes

How bored do some of you have to be to come up with these ideas.

1 Like

I would pay nothing. Why pay when I can get it for free just 'cause I logged in and did what I always do?

1 Like

This is pretty much what I was thinking. It’d be another huge money maker for blizz. Even if they let you buy it for some crazy amount of gold, people would just buy tokens with real money to pay for it.

1. You aren’t Blizzard. Blizzard isn’t offering this – and they won’t. So why are you asking players about something Blizzard will never offer?

2. Everything you can pay for (including boosts) you can get for FREE using in-game gold…which is FREE to Blizzard. They don’t need gamegold.

3. Blizzard decided to delay flying 6 months (in 2014) as a corporate business strategy. It has been 4 years and 3 expansions. They like this strategy. They are doing it FOR REASONS. They don’t make their business strategies public (no company does), so they don’t tell us those reasons.

Yes, yes i would.

2 Likes

That is bait mate! :joy:

I would not pay any extra money besides the Sub fees. For credits sure. Not like for some ridicolous credit sink for mounts they are putting out like frogs and yaks and bigboy dinosaurs.

I would pay money to disable flying from the game. That would be nice, but at least we have classic incoming.

Maybe it’s just because the developers thought it was what is best for the game and the only “corporate business strategy” involved was making the game better.

It’s an opinion for sure, but it’s an opinion plenty of players agree with. (And plenty disagree with).

I would not want to see it buyable. Part of the game, imo, involves exploring the landscape, figuring out how to get around. But I probably would buy it if it was available, because sometimes you just want the sheer convenience of it.

I’d rather complete Pathfinder and then spend that $60 on beer.

3 Likes

Yes, I would pay for flying.

1 Like

I have a lot of Legion and WoD gold left over. Yes, I’d totally buy flying in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Would you pay for mythic raiding gear? If anything EA and Ubisoft has shown us that people will literally pay for anything. I’m just wondering when Activision will just go all out.

Oh man, as laid back as I am for WoW, even I wouldn’t want to support paying for flying. That’d be sending a giant awful message to Blizzard if we started paying for flying with real cash.

2 Likes