Would you pay for flying?

Essentially, flying is nothing more than a time saver. Flying saves you time doing stuff in game that’s not fun so you can spend more time doing stuff that is fun. The 110 boost is the same thing. For $60 you can save a whole bunch of time you don’t want to spend leveling and jump into the new stuff.

Would you pay Blizz $60 to be able to fly at the start of the xpac? Would you pay $60 to be able to fly at the start of an xpac even if Pathfinder remained and eventually flying would be available for free?

1 Like

B tier trolling. You may get a few juicy replies.

3 Likes

Yes.

Simply because the rep requirement for Pathfinder is absurd. I can understand the exploration and questing requirements, but the rep requirements are over the top.

6 Likes

I’d pay for a no flying servers.

7 Likes

No. Why? It would be because I have patience.

5 Likes

What’s the point? It’s not like there’s this amazing content I just have to get to.

11 Likes

Yea sure, because I did it before so why not? I will never do pathfinder anyway because of the rep grind.

However what I really wish for is for pathfinder for flying without the rep grind … That would be a perfect world.

Edit: didn’t see the OP say real money. I would pay gold not real money… And it would be gold I earned in game, not through a token. I love to play a game I have fun in, so if it wasn’t playing the game (and not a rep grind) it all works out for me.

2 Likes

You haven’t flown since Mists? I believe that was the last one that we could buy the flight training from.

Geez.

I will only pay with gold I gather myself. That’s the only acceptable way to handle flight to me.

3 Likes

No… flying isn’t a big deal to me.

2 Likes

Unfortunately if they did this, it would likely work really well. Tons of people would pay cash for flying just because it’s there and they have no self control.

1 Like

Of course I would flying belongs in the game as it was back then without this pathfinder crap.

4 Likes

I stopped reading here. If you really believe that, then you really don’t understand why I and a lot of other players of the same mindset want flying to be available earlier in the expansion than it is now. Flying isn’t just about efficiency. Flying is about fun.

Edited to add that if flying were made available for cash, I’d unsubscribe and not look back, and I’m not one to threaten that lightly. I will never support anything that pushes WoW more towards the pay to play or F2P mindset of offering anything other than cosmetic rewards for cash. I won’t buy tokens or boosts for that reason. I can enjoy the game without tokens or boosts, but as soon as Blizzard puts something that I find vital to my enjoyment of the game, like flying, behind a pay wall, even if it’s available by other means as well, that’s when I take my money elsewhere.

14 Likes

I do pay. $15 /month

11 Likes

Yep. Definitely not a big deal when first going through the content… But would be nice for alts and endgame . Not a huge deal really, though

That’d be a quick way to get me to quit.

3 Likes

Letting people pay $$$ for something like flying faster than they can get it in game is a PTW scenario. I most certainly wouldn’t pay for it. I’d be joining the encampments outside the wire in Irvine.

I don’t think they should charge for it even for past expansions. It’s way too slippery slope.

The rep requirement is simply an easy currency mechanic they leveraged so they didn’t have to add another one. It’s no different from any other non-tradeable currency in the game.

If it wasn’t rep, it would be Kul Tiran Clamshells or Zuldarian Pig Tusks. And it would take just as long to farm.

3 Likes

nope I am perfectly content with pathfinder. I have pathfinder so far and all it required was playing through the story and doing the daily emissary for a bit and there is still time to get it done before pathfinder 2 comes out.

I did legion pathfinder when it was current and I even went back and did WoD pathfinder towards the end of legion.

really not a big deal.

5 Likes

Yeah right, F*** no

I’m still waiting for that finished expansion I paid for.

5 Likes