Would you guys play seasonal Classic servers after LK Classic?

I can’t see much future for classic after WOTLK runs it’s 2 year course.

If they did seasons for classic that lasted 3-4 months with expedited leveling and improved gear drop rates, would something like that interest you?

Would be nice if it had a persistent progression system that gave incentive to clear as much content as you can before the seasonal reset moves onto the next expansion in the rotation.

4 Likes

Nope. Not for me.

4 Likes

I don’t really have a desire for Classic fresh.

I haven’t even “finished” Classic yet, and I can’t imagine anyone has. My one level 60, a Rogue, has heaps of open world quests still to do in Winterspring and Sithilus, and has never finished AQ40 nor entered Naxx.

And then there’s my 57 Paly, along with my 43 Priest, 42 Druid, 31 Hunter, 26 Warrior, 14 Warlock and level 10 Mage.

So I haven’t even raided as a healer nor as a tank.

There’s still plenty to do.

That’s why I kept my characters in Classic. There’s still a lot I like to do. 22 months isn’t long enough to complete Classic.

And the fact is, the TBC levelling experience is not the classic one. The XP is buffed, elite mobs are removed, and dungeons are nicely placed in neat level ranges.

And I want to raid Naxx as a level 60 with other level 60s, not as a level 70. And I want it to mean something when I get gear there, not just be for show as it’s obsoleted by most TBC gear.

So I have no desire to start something again that I haven’t finished.

Unfortunately, being on the only Oceanic PvE server, it’s hard even to get a dungeon together, raids are non-existent (I doubt the server has ever had one), so it’s leveling only at the moment. We have got a small guild together though so I can usually find a leveling partner for at least one of my alts to make the process less lonely.

I don’t want to be forced to a US based server, but I would like to cross-realm there for dungeons/raids. I can’t understand why Blizzard haven’t implemented cross-realm for instances, because it would solve the population problems by allowing PvE+PvP+RP players across the world to raid with each other, whilst still keeping their open worlds and economies low lag and separate.

So I’m hoping that comes into place at some point, sooner rather than later.

I would however, play TBC fresh. But I suspect that will be at least 2 years from now, which probably works out well, as a half break from wow for a bit playing semi-casually on Classic for a couple of years will probably make me more refreshed to get seriously into TBC than I was in May, as I feel like I was only really started with Classic, even though I had been playing it since launch.

My hope is people come back when TBC quietens down, start a few alts, Blizzard bring in cross-realm for instances and we can get to raiding classic again. :slight_smile:

And then, as I discuss in this thread, maybe Classic+ one day:

But there’s no rush on that. Just sort out instance/raid cross realm first.

No, thank you. I’ve played and enjoyed several Diablo III seasons, but can’t imagine rolling a seasonal character in WoW. The pace is much slower and character investment much greater.

7 Likes

This same thought occurred to me after doing a search to see if there was any news regarding the prospect of WotLK Classic and coming across an article skeptical of the possibility.

Ultimately, the changes made in Wrath of the Lich King and the problems they pose for World of Warcraft Classic after The Burning Crusade are a reminder that WoW ’s new Classic release model cannot immortalize its expansions, only repeat and extend their lifespans. Players who start WoW Classic today are going to have a very different experience to those who joined when WoW Classic began in 2019. Players who want to experience the Ahn’Qiraj launch event no longer can, and even in the best case scenario, eventually the Classic servers will become saturated with max-level players who have run out of that expansion’s content.

I don’t know how technically feasible it is, but I’d like to see some Classic servers for a given expansion remain persistent ad infinitum and others refresh every 6-12 months with a system in place similar to that with the creation of Death Knight characters. A character of a certain minimum level on one of the indefinitely persistent servers would be required to create a seasonal character, which would start out just below max level with a generic set of starting gear and fixed amount of gold. This way even newcomers to one of the Classic editions would always have a chance to experience events like the Ahn’Qiraj launch, as mentioned in the article.

On the one hand, your thread doesn’t seem to have garnered much support, but, on the other hand, if it’s easy enough for the devs to implement such a system, it may still be worthwhile to do even if it’s only ever used on a small fraction of the Classic servers of any given flavor. After all, I doubt you and I are the only people the idea has occurred to.

I think the final patch of legion is the best point wow has been in content/game system wise, from cata to right until the last patch of legion where you could buy legendarys… yeah its forgetable.

That said, if they allowed DH and DK in classic I would be keen for that.

1 Like

no interest in starting over, i’m not even playing tbc anymore. classic is the best game man, just a little dead right now. too many cats left, just joggers.

6 Likes

I want classic era to make a comeback I hope after wrath of the Loch king they do something like a new classic era or something

1 Like

I’d play seasonal classic now I don’t need to wait until after Wrath, tbc is already becoming stale.

No, that sounds like retail. They should just restart at classic and have progressive servers every couple of years.

While I’m not opposed to seasonal Classic servers that have no changes, I would prefer Classic with some changes, both large and small.

No, I wouldn’t.

The game is fine, the problem is Blizzard (ftmp).

2 Likes