Would you give a new player 5 gold

Just kind of curious about a social aspect of the game
Would you guys give a new player 5 gold?

You need to remove that link from your title.

Players have been known to help others now and again. Of course quests will also help you along the way to acquiring gold.

Gave a new guy 1000g once.

My first Guild gave me 500g and a huge bag, so yes, I’d definitely return the favor.

I tend to be a tad picky with handouts. I’ve given guild members health / mana + relevant stat potions when I’ve had materials to spare. As well as did a random giveaway in classic wow where I spent several hours over the course of a few days farming basic potion mats giving away like 5 mana / health potion as well as some stat potions and a few troll blood elixirs and a small bag under the name of Narugenkai in goldshire. First 10 or so people under level 15 get potions and a bag to help level.

Anyways, answer to main question from OP yes I would give 5g away to a new player but depending on how they went about asking for it. Like if they were spamming in for longer then it would take to actually go out and kill a few mobs for the 5g or spam whisper people. If I felt there was some genuine asking for help in chat then yea probably I would give out the gold, but if it feels like the gold is being demanded then they can find the nearest cliff and take a nosedive off it.

i’m happy to help out new players and pretty much anyone in the same guild if they mention they are having trouble

but i don’t give anything to ppl begging for gold

ive given away 30 slot bags, green gear, and mats to ppl i don’t know, but rarely gold

Honestly gold is so inflated that I’d give a new player 10k if they asked.

I don’t if they ask but i will if i’m eavesdropping on a conversation and one of the players seems like they’d appreciate some help

Sure fren.