Would you continue to play Classic Vanilla if Classic TBC were to be released?

You’re saying giving a huge slap in the face to everyone’s who’s worked hard for there gear is a good thing? I can’t see how, unless its jealousy or sadism.

I agree flying was horribly implemented and removed interaction. However, if you’re in Naxx gear you won’t be replacing all of it immediately. Yes, if you’re in T1/2 and pvp blues that’ll get replaced quickly, but I saw that happen to people in Wrath and beyond. Wrath was the first time I wore near full Tier from prior period into a first raid. I hit Naxx in Wrath in near full T6.

Again until you convince Blizzard to run a second MMORPG I doubt you’ll see a hint of Classic+.

1 Like

WoW is a blip. A full-time job lasts longer and means more than any WoW expansion. And there has been no promise of TBC or Wrath so why ask for any patience from players? Blizzard only announced and released Classic servers. Until we get a BC announcement being impatient is silly. It’s wishing for nothing and hoping that nothing magically appears.

You just want the #waggle

The day they do Burning Crusade is the day I quit Classic. Classic was released for Classic, stop begging for every other expansion to be remade. If you want Burning Crusade or any other expansions you have retail waiting for ya.

It’s because you were / are a raider and aren’t thinking logically.

Classic / vanilla raid gear is horrifically overpowered in later tiers, to the tune of creating the difference of 20 character levels. That is, a level 60 in level 60 optimized greens vs. a level 60 in aq40 / naxx gear is the same as a level 40 character vs. the first level 60 character mentioned in this paragraph.

THEREFORE, the expansion and the quest rewards MUST be set up that way or else the only people that would even be able to complete hellfire peninsula would be aq40/naxx geared raiders.

Which in vanilla was a small % of the playerbase.

This obviously would not do for the purposes of an expansion’s playability.

TBC did this because, actually, of a flaw in VANILLA that made the last two tiers of raid gear far, far too powerful.

1 Like

What is classic + exactly? I see people mention it often with no clarification as to what it is. Surely it’s not just more raids. Every wow expansion adds more raids.

You’ll be quitting shortly after Naxx then. People started asking for Vanilla servers in BC, but then others asked for BC and others Wrath. There’s a reason there have been Vanilla, BC, Wrath, Cata, MoP, and even WoD pservers!

And it’s a cash grab. Taking some stupid moral stand won’t do anything, but make you look silly.

2 Likes

Classic+ is some fiction the playerbase made up.

What it hypothetically would be, is finishing the unfinished zones in vanilla, and adding new 5 mans and raids to classic that did not exist in vanilla.

2 Likes

The idea is more content without leveling up. More raids, dungeons, zones, etc. Leaving most of the current classes intact. I’d say the hardest part to me would be handling gear. Naxx gear is already insane especially once you have a full set. How do you keep ratcheting up the gear without completely making it to where a 60 geared with those newer sets doesn’t wreck T1/2 60s? Not that a T3 gear won’t per say. There are many other issues.

That said many wanting Classic+ want to see the game fleshed out without all the changes that came in BC and beyond. Glaive calls it some fiction made up by the player base. Guess what? So was Classic by Blizzard, but it happened. My personal point of view is unless Blizzard changes its stances on having more than one MMORPG we won’t be seeing Classic+.

This isn’t just hard, but mathematically insurmountable.

That is one of the strongest reasons why there almost certainly won’t be a Classic+.

Edit: AND IF THERE IS, then it will include at least one zone that will reward questing greens on par with BWL gear, as TBC did.

Otherwise, any additional dungeons or raids will not be approachable except by those who have already farmed AQ40 and Naxx to completion.

Which sounds a lot like what TBC had to do.

I’d switch to TBC.

Another stat squish, but that would draw the ire of Classic purists and can only imagine that change. You’d have to change T1-3 raid fights which is another issue. It’s a lot. It’s not impossible. It’s truly the issue of supply and demand and I’d argue demand is higher from BC/Wrath.

A stat squish would require a complete re-design of every single raid in vanilla, though.

Not gonna happen.

Again not saying it will happen. Just don’t say “Not gonna happen”. Remember the “Wall of No” replies legacy server posts got for years? And now they exist. Anything is possible when demand is high enough.

Demand doesn’t seem to be high.

The only people that seem to want classic+ appear to be the hardest-core raiders.

Besides which, Classic+ would not fix the glaring issues with most of the classes and specs in the game, as TBC did.

That’s a good portion of WHY people want TBC.

4 Likes

I think some people like myself just don’t see a need for new dungeons/raids. We have BRD, BRS, Strat, Scholo and Dire maul for dungeons. Many of these are so big the community already divides them into 2 or more parts. Maybe 1 more big 5 man could be interesting, but not at all necessary. There are 5 raids as well and as you mentioned the gear scaling is already insane. If new raids were added I think it would make more sense to add something to compliment ZG and AQ20. Maybe a 10 or 15 man raid to make it interesting.

As far as unfinished content goes, a lot of it was already completed in subsequent expansions. I for one don’t want to see a re-imagining of something like Kharazan or Mt. Hyjal. There are some unfinished zones, but the nature of classic wow is that most of the best gear comes from raids. It would be difficult to unlock new zones towards the end of the game’s life cycle and keep players interested.

I get why people who are really passionate about vanilla wow would want it, but for others like myself it just seems like an odd request. It’s like asking for blizzard to go back and make a Diablo 2 expansion that builds on the Lord of Destruction rather than just moving on to a new game.

No, I would play TBC 100% it was my favorite xpac and the only one I’d say felt true to vanilla.

4 Likes

I want TBC bc I never played it on private servers. There would be so much to do bc I never did any of it.

On Classic there’s really just a few raids left.

if they force classic over to classic+ they would lose a lot of people …so the only way it would be excepted is if it was its own server meaning it would separate the community just as much as TBC would, out of the 2 TBC would require less dev time and less money its the easy rout …I wonder what way blizz will take.

1 Like