Would this laptop run WoW Classic

I’m trying to get my friend back into Classic. He needs a laptop and doesn’t want to spend a lot on it. I believe this one will, however, the Intel Graphics has me weary…

Lenovo IdeaPad S340 81N8001LUS

• 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-8265U quad core processor with up to 3.96GHz and 6MB cache memory
  • 256GB 2242 M.2 NVMe SSD
  • 8GB DDR4 RAM
  • Intel UHD Graphics 615

Thanks!

pretty sure the integrated graphics wont cut it.

I found this, so I was thinking it may…

Well I’ll be damned… this thing could run on a potato it seems :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah, he was debating about getting an 6 year old desktop for $200, trying to convince him to spend the extra $150 for portability and something that’s new.

It would have issues on that laptop in group settings. The person that posted that does not realize the minimum is so you can enjoy all of the content. It would be very hard to do any group content beyond a 5 man on a older 2 core.

I mean… it is just the “minimum” requirements here… and I have to stretch that and say… MINIMUM… he’ll be crying as soon as he has to get in a somewhat populated area or every other city he’s trying to get into…

Even with the 8gb of ram to help out? Minimum is 4 I believe for integrated graphics.

The GPU is significantly below a HD 530 desktop GPU. so yes it would have issues. Its just not going to handle any large groups or group content. The HD 530 desktop has a benchmark of around 1000 the hd 615 has one around 700.

He will get a lot more computer for less money in a desktop. For example one of the AMD G series CPU’s will run the game fine on the integrated GPU.

A Ryzen 5 3400G desktop CPU will run the game great.