Would really like some SoM transparency

one thing has really been on my mind with regards to season of mastery, one i think has been on a lot of people’s minds… what is the plan… not the speculation, not the “what we expect”, but what is the actual plan when SoM ends.

there’s a pretty strong assumption that when SoM servers end, that those servers will be shut down and something will happen with the characters on them.

are we getting SoM characters transferred to a SoM end-of-season server where they keep the same buff cap, debuff cap and world buff rules? are they just getting dumped onto Era? are they getting moved to some sort of TBC SoM server? why no news, do they not have a plan? are they afraid to tell us because people might quit if we get the answer?

my biggest hope is that when SoM ends, we get a SoM rules dump server where people can continue to play at SoM difficulty with SoM buff and debuff rules and that a new season will begin for the people who want that, while the rest can do what many of us do on era and try to master the existing content to our best, while others take the content at their own pace.

issue with dumping SoM players into Era though… is with buff and debuff caps changed and world buff meta reinstated, entire playstyles that were perfectly valid because they didn’t interfere with debuff limits or buff limits (dots, hots and whatnot)

2 Likes

I would like to know as well.

Also, I want to know if we’re getting another Season of Mastery.

it’s been known since day 1 that all characters will be transferred to a classic era realm of your choice.

known or assumed/theorized? because i had never been directed to an official answer on that posted by anyone or anything official, just speculative assumptions.

It took me less then 60 seconds to find that blue post. Theres no conspiracy of misinformation you just don’t know how to use the forums.

i won’t disagree with your assessment of my ability to navigate the forums, but i will also thank you for pointing me in the correct direction. this information has eluded both me and everybody i play with and it’s all been floating speculation as to what was going to happen with nobody seeming to know where there was any concrete answer. now i have somewhere to point people, thank you.

2 Likes