Would it be so bad if

Would it be so bad if… there were stat modifiers/abilities specific to the sexes? I mean, wow is already doing the whole sub racial bonuses (allied races), why not throw in something about the sexes?

Perhaps male gets more primary stat and stamina, while the female gets more crit and avoidance?

Yeaaah no.

32 Likes

How is it any different than allied races?

I think it would add another level of choice - which would be a good thing here.

The way you chose to distribute these makes me think there’s some sort of hidden message :thinking:

25 Likes

Right…

Cause people don’t already complain enough about racial balance.

6 Likes

This would still mean female characters would be worse off, you’re idea is bad and you should feel bad.

26 Likes

Yeah like medically trained doctors. How dare they

8 Likes

A male hero is typically more tanky/blunt in power, while the heroine is typically even more dexterity oriented (unless they have some ridiculous super power). Imagine the differences between a male rogue and a female rogue. Would be interesting.

Look, quit using genders when you mean sex. They mean two different things now.

That said despite the differences in sexes there shouldn’t be any different stats for the sexes.

6 Likes

Primary stat in most cases at the moment is also giving more dps than secondary stats, so thats why I said this is a bad idea.

3 Likes

cuz crit and avoidance are so unimportant… ?

I mean there can be an attempt at some kind of equal trade off, unless you’re alluding to it always being worse off for the female choice… cuz? Seems irrational.

If you’re going in for that nonsense, why not first adjusting stats based on the race? There’s no way a belf warrior should be even close to doing the same damage as an orc.

6 Likes

SO there’s no way to pump up or subtract to make it a an interesting trade off?

okay? that seems a bit weird, as in i dont know how you’re suppose to balance any game, or make an interesting game at that, with that methodology.

Avoidance isn’t even guaranteed, it has a random chance of being on a piece of gear like gem slots.

As for crit, cmon man, I’m a frost dk… Crit has its importants for me, but at the same time strength is a higher dps increase for me if i had to choose between strength or crit.

1 Like

Oh i agree, i think the advantages and disadvantages among the races, should be more contrasting. If this makes some class/race combos stupid / sub par, that’s fine with me.

Ya it would be terrible and utterly stupid idea. Get your gender inequality crap outta here.

5 Likes

The whole 2 pnts of stats from race transfered to gender would make such a huge difference in game play. Def. worth dev time… sad face

You’re confusing sex and gender.

Gender has its roots in being a grammatical term, ironically it only saw use as a ‘PC’ replacement for the term ‘sex’ since sex is also used to describe sexually explicit activities.

4 Likes

I’m anti-this.

However, it would be fun if toons had appearance sliders and your stats really did depend on your choices of size and shape. Want to be big and strong? Cool but you are going to be slower and less agile. That kind of thing. And al stats would affect all classes in different ways. It would be a way for players to have more variety in play styles.

I’m sure there is a way to pump up numbers to balance them out and make them interesting. if that means bumping crit to be higher to make up for the primary stat/stamina increase, cool.

also, crit and avoidance was just an example.

And i have no idea what argument you are trying to make for damage mitigation and an RNG on an item. Percent to avoid damage is to be taken as an average. RNG to get an item with avoidance mean nothing to this equation.