Would automatic loot unpon raid and dungeon completion be the end of whales and GDKPs?

Sounds like that would work but I dont know how popular that would be.

Sounds like Personal Loot to me.

The end of gdkps is for them to be outlawed. Silly changes to loot systems aren’t helping the game.

I mean, I am not a fan of GDKP’s but how do you go about outlawing them?

They are still spamming gLFG even after they have been told its against the rules of spamming services in non trade channels.

:dracthyr_shrug:

Show me where GDKPs are against the rules.

Sorry, I mistakenly edited out the against rules part pertaining to advertising in non trade channels.

I think you’re confusing boosting with GDKPs. Boosting is not allowed in LFG (anymore), but looking for more members for a GDKP is fine. You’re not selling anything to form a raid.

Now we both know that the majority of GDKP posts in gLFG are not simple looking for more. They are straight up adverts on a timed loop. The exact thing that is prohibited.

I never said that GDKP’s (or at least did not mean to imply) are against the rules. It’s how they are advertised.

Its another way to “enjoy” the game. To each his own.

If youre in a good raiding guild and like doing it that way youre fine.

Just become a whale and then you don’t have to worry about it? I dare say your main problem with gdkps is that you get out bid not that the loot system itself is flawed.

In order for rules to mean something, you have to have people to enforce them. If gdkp’s were banned, that rule would require more then mass reporting to uphold.

1 Like

GDKP’s are something people are doing for their own personal preference. Gold distribution incentivises people to come that already have gear and carry those that don’t. Even in retail which has personal loot people still sell runs. It doesn’t magically end RMT and GDKP’s don’t turn into MS>OS runs that will take your badly geared alts if they are banned or become impossible to do.

why outlaw a system that works? how about we only have master loot

That’s basically personal loot. That doesn’t stop retail guilds from selling carries. Instead of selling individual loot pieces, you sell a spot in your raid for a carry to come in for. That’s what they do with mythic raids in retail. You would just be changing the nature of how loot is sold, not eliminating it.