Wotlk Seasonal Achievement Questions

Hey all,

Currently farming some achievements for WotLK Classic and I had some questions perhaps some of you can answer regarding the meta achievements for the world seasonal events.

For example if I do the fire festival this summer, and lets say its before pre patch will it count towards the achievement when the achievement system is unlocked? This has been very unclear is the new API able to track everything I have done already? I do know quests/exploration and other things are easily tracked.

Of course, I’m farming for “What a long, strange trip its been” and I would not like to waste a bunch of effort just to do it again lol! Also, at the rate of the content release: Will there even be a full year of WotLK? This is why I’d like to pre farm what I can now.
Thanks in advance for all the reply’s!

1 Like

the achievement will only count once the achievement system has been out, you will most likely have to do it again , the achievement system has been out for awhile I’ve had friends redo certain things for achievements all the time even in retail I recently did aq40 and got achieve but i’ve done aq40 in vanilla it wont count

1 Like

Good question and with the hiccups that have occurred in Era and TBCC (bugs and unintended glitches - check the Bug Forum) when that infrastructure was updated, it is possible that it will not be counted. Even in original Wrath there were some achievements that did not update as they should have.

I have not completely researched this to give a definitive answer and it may be that only Blizz could do that. Maybe you’ll get a blue to respond - stranger things have happened. :wink:

If it were me I’d go ahead and do what I could to work on the meta now. If they update - super! If not then pick em up when in Wrath and best of luck with “School of Hard Knocks” which is probably only removed for live/retail and not classic. I never understood that one as it sort of requires people to be counterproductive in BGs. Meh.
If I discover anything to the contrary I will post an update. Good luck!

1 Like

I was told that if you have an item from the raids it will count, like you get the naxx 60 achievement for having a KT class ring.

I’ve also asked if winning the STV fishing event in Classic/TBC will count towards the Accomplished Angler achievement to get the title “Salty” and the general consensus was that it does.

I saw it both counting and not counting, I saw it counting because you have the reward(s) and I saw it not counting because it’s a repeatable.

1 Like

Thanks for the clarification.

I may pass on the summer festival or any other event that comes up before pre-patch (Assuming that’s when the achievement tab is added) to rest up for the big one!!
Cheers