[WotLK] Race/Faction change

1. Yes it should because it was in WOTLK so why change it? The Devs change the racials so a class may be optimal in TBC but not in WOTLK why should he/she have to level up again?
  2. Yes it was in WOTLK so why change it? People want more options in guild searching as well. Could help with realm population problems.
  3. 60-90 day restrictions of doing it again like it usually is lol.
5 Likes

Yes to both - add them. Let people carry on their achievements / titles and etc. We want WOTLK, not your vision of what WOTLK should have been.

15 Likes

Their vision of WOTLK is whatever increases profits for their quarterly reporting to shareholders

3 Likes

I’d rather not have race/faction change.

Yes to all, the Muscari tribe send their regards.

3 Likes
  1. Yes, it is neither fair nor fun to have to level a completely new character in order to change race for whatever reason, mostly for aesthetic preference but also to benefit or experience from different/better racials. Many players have extremely difficult and time consuming achievements such as scarab lord, rank 14 etc.
  2. Yes, from the POV of a raider it is incredibly restricting when it comes to recruitment, especially on OCE. Also the same reasoning as above in terms of having to level a fresh character.
  3. No or little restriction on race change. 90 day cooldown on faction change.
11 Likes

I would like to change my race on tbc to a cool tauren instead of orc

9 Likes

Earl

1 post

60 Gnome Hunter22825

32m

1. Yes, it is neither fair nor fun to have to level a completely new character in order to change race for whatever reason, mostly for aesthetic preference but also to benefit or experience from different/better racials. Many players have extremely difficult and time consuming achievements such as scarab lord, rank 14 etc.
  2. Yes, from the POV of a raider it is incredibly restricting when it comes to recruitment, especially on OCE. Also the same reasoning as above in terms of having to level a fresh character.
  3. No or little restriction on race change. 90 day cooldown on faction change.
7 Likes
  1. Yes. Racials change with the expansions and we should be able to race change as that happens. We shouldn’t be tied to the race choice that we made at classic release, and it’s ridiculous to have to level from 1 to 80 just to play a different race. It is in no way game-breaking.
  2. Yes, you should be able to move a character to the other faction if that’s where you decide you want to play, or decide that you want to play with people that are tied to the other faction.
  3. 0-30 day restriction for race change. 90 day restriction on faction change.
7 Likes
  1. Yes, I’d rather not have to level the same class all over again to get a better racial and have it take up a character slot on my account when i could just pay to change its race and save one character slot and a lot of hours.
  2. Yes, people should be able to pay for a faction change. some people just might want a change or to come back and play with people they know on the opposite faction.
  3. 0-14 day restriction for the race change and at least 60-90 days for faction change
    Also A paid name change would also be a great idea!!
5 Likes
  1. Yes
  2. Yes - Its so frustrsting not being able to transfer an alt to play with other friends.
  3. Apply a reasonable price with a set of prohibitive rules to disincentivise economy abuse

The people who are still quoting “no changes” arent aware that the ship well and truly has sailed.

3 Likes

yes both please

3 Likes

Yes to both - if it’s “in the spirit of the game” on retail, why wouldn’t it be for classic versions of the game either.

Give people the freedom to faction/race change as they see fit with little to no restriction.

3 Likes

Server faction balance was tossed into the pile long ago by a company which clearly did not care enough to pay attention. So sure, who cares now if Faction Change is in.

It’s mostly just pvp meta junkies who think the Human racial is going to make them super OP and more competitive.

Same with Race Change…you arent going to be magically noticeably better because of this, so bring it on.

2 Likes

It should just be 2 faction changes allowed per toon. Fixed.

1 Like
  1. Yes
  2. Yes
  3. No restriction on race change, maybe a month or 2 cooldown on faction change

Just make it a paid service and be done with it. Its a win/win for Blizzard anyway.

2 Likes

My simple take on it is this It should be in the game For those that want to take advantage of it it’s completely fine I think it’s silly to say Hey I have a level 80 mage that’s a Elf Oh but if I want a human mage I have to re level him all over from level one no.

And realistically if they’re gonna say that feels weird will you could make the same argument with the blood of costumes Same concept.

4 Likes
  1. No. I realize it’s a video game and immersion is already hard enough where people spam ads and call people Andys for some weird reason, but I draw the line on things like this. There’s no in-game rationale or magic that would make tauren become a gnome.
  2. Definitely not. If Blizz created this in the past and made it part of a storyline (like maybe a ‘treason’ or ‘traitor’ quest line that was difficult and reasonable), then it would be awesome. Alas, this didn’t happen.
  3. I can’t think of anything that wouldn’t include the inclusion of an elaborate quest line that makes sense in the story being told.

That said, I wouldn’t be passionately against it like the anti-RDF folk that just don’t want something because they think it affects them. If these changes happened I don’t even see how I’d notice.

Edit: Apparently it was originally in wrath? Alright then, put it in.

There’s a sudden reversal in the last 5 minutes of the game! :rofl:

2 Likes

‘the community doesn’t want it’ without discussing with the community kinda feels like its not the real reason