Wotlk-No LFG

I’m looking forward to Wotlk with no LFG. As much as I liked it back then when doing the final dungeons to gear up for ICC, It definitely killed the whole find your party or work with your guild aspect of the game. I.E. socializing.

Someone mentioned removing heirlooms. Nope, those were awesome, I’m upset I never got any lol.

4 Likes

Optimistic.

4 Likes

I feel like at this point, it’s a given it’s going to happen lol.

I will admit the addition of LFG in WotLK got me to run more dungeons and see more content than I ever had previously, and rack up better gear in a much shorter time.

But it also burnt me out on that content at a record pace (I mostly tanked), leaving all that fancy gear to collect dust as I desperately sought out something, ANYthing else to spend my time on. Which is how my DK got the “How about a knuckle sandwich?” achieve and became a master chef, complete with poofy hat.

So, while I concede the intentions of LFG were good, I think the end result just wasn’t worth it. Though I did enjoy the hat.

3 Likes

Looking forward to that as long as lfg doesn’t get added.

1 Like

I would go as far as saying it was LFG that started the anti-social mechanics but LFR is actually what killed it. See, i did LFG ALL the time. However, I still had to rely on my guildies for Raids. ever so aften I would join another guilds raid but never the norm. I always had to team up in the end. LFR ended all of this.

1 Like

Very.

/10char

I think if we are going to be rereleasing expansions that we go about it …differently. AKA keep the classes unbalanced, keep the game challenging, keep the social aspect. Make a priest tank ;). Just do things differently. Like an alternate timeline to right all wrongs.

1 Like

Make priests tank? This hurts my brain lol

In my experience with FF14, I found myself gradually distancing from the party-finder gizmo and from roulette auto-parties in favor of asking for help from members of my free company (what they call “guilds” because they used the word “guild” for class-quest NPC establishments) and the friends I’d added to my personal linkshell. I found it was easier to have fun that way… with a more thrown-together group, I’d run into parties that just wanted the dungeon over quickly, which meant I was a DPS “along for the ride” and there’d be minimal acutal socialization involved. Or that I was a low-level rookie tank dealing with an impatient bard who wouldn’t let me pull before rushing in and… yeah, you know, I don’t blame our healer for not bothering to keep that guy alive.

Anyway, point is, I observed a certain amount of anti-socialization that resulted from over-reliance on semiautomatic quality-of-life mechanics. I think that’s something WoW Classic ought to avoid sliding toward, honestly.

1 Like

Oh yea for sure, I remember some good LFG runs. Some of the coolest people I met in game came from those. However. Maybe if they only let you do like 1 per hour or something like that it would be better or even 1 per 3 hours. Keep it interesting. And NEVER have LFR.

1 Like

Really? I feel like this isn’t even on the table

1 Like

I feel as if it is lol

hate to break the news but if classic is anything to go by, wotlk will have lfg as lfg was part of 3.3 and there was a minor raid added after 3.3 so lfg is probably going to be included.

3 Likes

I could happen. If people are vocal enough. Or they could set limits to it. A compromise would be the most likely scenario.

you would need a movement just as strong as the no changes movement and i doubt that will happen. people want authenticity and not having lfg wouldn’t be authentic.

2 Likes

Hmm, I think the NO LFG movement could gain some traction. Most ppl want WOTLK eventually and hate LFG.

I only want wotlk with no LFG, or heirlooms, or double specialization.

Also, don’t nerf the old world or any of those old items.

Maybe rework the talent tree so the last point isn’t so strong that forces you to take it.

Rework dungeons so those are not faceroll.

Buff raids, so more than 2 raids can be fun.

Remove vehicle combat.

Nevermind, I don’t want wotlk

3 Likes

I want lfg in everything.

For me. None or limited LFG

Yes to Heirlooms

Duel Speccing was fun

Dungeons were interesting but do need to be harder.

Vehicle combat was trash.

ICC had to be nerfed if you don’t remember. It was fine the others…I didn’t even care for, maybe I’ll try them next time.

I agree with you on the Talent tree last skill.

1 Like