[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

So the survey went out, and RDF isn’t in. What makes you think you’re the vocal majority? People spamming hearts when they agree? Without providing points to make valid opinion statements to move the message forward? Whoa, so people taking the path of least resistance (i.e., forum posts and hitting like button) should dictate how we make decisions?

Gotta be real dude.

It’s mind boggling we don’t have RDF just because someone once asked the dev who the tank was in WC…

8 Likes

No changes.

1 Like

They posted the thing telling u rdf wasn’t coming at 4 pm on the afternoon on a Monday dude.

They consider it done for right now and you can “plan accordingly”

Drama :roll_eyes:

That’s literally all ur gonna get. Noones gonna come out and say “that thing we said, just making double clear that’s what we’re doing” go read the forum post, that’s your answer for you to plan around

Redheadchild is mispeleds alt/crapposting character… he is a troll.

3 Likes

I don’t get this. The current LFG tool for questing, dungeons, etc., is perfectly adequate for finding others that want to do exactly what you want. All you have to do, is be aware it’s there, click what you want to do, and join others. If there isn’t enough, you can then ask in LFG channel.

Stop asking for everything to be automated just so you can watch TV while you play a video game at the same time. Just take the time to engage the community a little and you’ll find it’s not actually as hard as you make it out to be.

Take the social efforts out of mmo communities? Why don’t you just go play Elden Ring and talk to people in Discord or join a forum of like-minded individuals.

For the rest of us, we’re fine ACTUALLY being social and looking for people to group with, and we don’t care for the massive amounts of mute lifeless players that RFD provides.

The problem is when there isn’t enough people.

5 Likes

Isn’t this what also leads to long queue times for RFD? I mean if there isn’t enough people, that’s the time you wait regardless. Whether you’re looking for people in LFG or RFD the time until someone needs what you need is likely going to align pretty well. Do what you’d do if you were in the queue in the meanwhile.

Really the difference is you’re asking to not have to speak and still get what you want… which you can also do by checking the LFG tool that is currently implemented.

I mean it can’t get any easier without taking all of the social interaction out.

Eventually when the entire game is dead. But not when there’s hundreds of thousands of players but there’s just not many people running 5 mans.

The only reason the LFG tool seems okay right now is because of people leveling alts for wrath.

5 Likes

You’re welcome to your opinion, but this whole discussion is that many do not find the old lfg channel nor the new lfg tool to be adequate.

So are we. We have no problem chatting with guild members or people on our friend list. We chat in general and many of us even chatted in the lfg channel, until the gate keeping new tool was put in. We just don’t find typing lf tank for dungeon x to be a meaningful social encounter. It just feels like a waste of time to us. We get nothing social from typing /inv. Nor does saying, “Thanks for the run,” excite us socially. I get that for you these are meaningful social interactions. probably the height of your social interactions for the day. We don’t want to take that away from you. We want the lfg channel to exist side by side with the rdf, just like it was in original, so you can continue to be social in the way that gives meaning to your life. By spamming Need healer for dungeon x, we have a well geared good tank.

8 Likes
  1. Not mispeled
  2. Having a different opinion than you doesnt make someone a troll.

You do realize this entire debate on rdf comes down to game design preferences right? Aka peoples opinion on what makes a game good or bad.

You arent wrong to like rdf, just like i am not wrong to dislike it. I dont like rdf because i saw first hand what it did to the more social aspects if the game over time. I played from vanilla to legion for retail and saw the social decay. I also saw the step by step changes of convenience over community take place, which started with rdf.

I want rdf to stay out of classic because most mmorpg games of today have the approach of convenience over everything as part if their game design. I have very few options for an mmorpg to escape that type of gane design and i dont want one of those few options taken away.

Vanilla from day one was about convenience.

6 Likes

It’s so very entertaining to see how many ways people can spin RDF being removed into their own agenda.

Blizzard: “we are removing RDF because it doesn’t fit the social aspect of Classic”

Anti-RFG: “lazy people want RDF”

2 Likes

RDF does remove a social aspect, how is that spun?

And many many more obviously actually don’t want it. As you can see by the resulting decision.

Proof please.

It improved the social aspects of the game. Your irrational fear of wow getting worse because of RDF is misplaced. There is no evidence to support your claim, even though so many from your camp use it. It is not true.

2 Likes

It’s like people read the parts they want and not the whole.

The next line is one of the many spins. Calling people that want RDF lazy is the 1 I used in that example. The list goes on.

2 Likes

Proof please…

They’ve already admitted most people want RDF and they are removing it anyways, just like they did with flying. Which worked out super well…

6 Likes

Yes still not buying it. Feel free to make a longer list and those that posted these different takes.

Always easy to just say “so many so an so are saying such and such” without really providing anything.