[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

So you dont know the rotation, got it.

Currently the hunter rotation uses steady shot, arcane shot, serpent sting (under very high haste values or moving and arcane/multi are on CD) multi shot, and raptor strike. This includes move in and out to be able to use raptor strike and doing all of this without clipping auto shot because it doesnt just go through like in later expansion, or melee attacks going off when you try to raptor strike. Then kill command.

So thats 6 abilities right there. Without counting CDs, hunters mark, scorpid sting, exc.

Your clueless, got it.

Again, proving your nothing but a forum Troll using his level 10 alt lol. You use MS not AS, AS is ridiculously mana expensive and does very little damage to offset the cost. SS also does not increase your dps and wastes mana. The ONLY time you would use AS or SS is if your on the run so your dps doesn’t tank. Melle weaving is nothing short of ridiculous. So like I said 3 buttons in your rotation Steady Shot, Multi Shot and Kill Command. Let’s pretend what you laid out is an actual rotation that should be used raiding, it is far from being “complex”.

Hate to break it to you but you are the clueless one.

When at very little haste rating you can fit multi shots and arcane shots into your rotation between steady shots (while still not clipping auto shots), this is harder to do as BM as you need far less haste procs to make this not optimal.

You also use arcane, multi and SS when you have to move (but dont need to be out of that spot asap but do need to start moving) by stutter shotting with them.

And at VERY high haste values you can use arcane and serpent sting to not clip auto shots while still using abilities. If you need to step to the side by a foot or two (from someone stepping to close to you)

They are used in the rotation, because the rotation vhanges based on haste value, movement, exc.

And the fact you think melee weaving is a joke shows you dont understand hunter dps at all. If you are trying to be the best you can be in dps output, you melee weave.

OMG. As a longtime hunter, I agree with Red for once.

I need to lay down. I’m feeling faint.

Study shot/ Multi Shot Make sure it doesn’t clip with your auto shot Kill command On every single crit Save your haste pot And rapid fire Use on cool down with besteilwrath.

As far as milay weaving If I have yet to see a single hunter do that I mean maybe if you’re doing son well But to my understanding unless you’re And one of those really really sweaty guilds.

The DPS you gained from mealy leaving Isn’t really substantial enough For it To be used all the time.

Oh yeah, the guy who fired the employees writing a letter criticizing him.
And him personally canceling someones Tesla for criticizing him on Twitter.

What an advocate of free speech and civil discourse.

Lmfao Muskheads really do have fungus in their brains.

4 Likes

Should be RDF because it was an original feature of WOTLK, it’s bad enough they are going to lazily start on the WOTLK end patch and allow transfers to fresh servers. I won’t play without RDF because I don’t care to talk to morons to form groups. If it’s not at launch I won’t play even if they bring it later on. Just my opinion don’t cry over it

I mean if you melee weave perfectly (zero clipping, no delay on shots, exc) is around a 15% dps increases.

Its not small. It just looks smaller because of human error, and even then its an increase when that error is within reason.

I mean, we have disagreements on opinion based subjects, like if rdf is good game design or not (because its preferences based opinion).

But math isnt opinion based, so it would suprise me if we disagreed on proven math, lol.

Hope you feel better soon, lol.

2 Likes

I mean again Either way whether you wanna go into the very specific snitty gritty of each individual class That’s not something you’re going to learn while leveling is my point.

Like the likelihood of you doing something like milay weaving while your leveling is very very small I would say.

and the rotations are more complex in wrath overall That’s the point I’m trying to make but even with the rotations becoming more complex it’s not like you can’t learn everything you need to learn from a guide.

And do I would even say 90% well yeah sure there’s gonna be little niches such as melee weaving 4 hunters But the main point stands leveling isn’t something That’s necessary to learn your class.

I mean, a new hunter probably won’t. But i did it in classic for leveling and tbcc. Its a decent way to conserve mana while still doing good damage, use less abilities and just weave auto attacks and auto shot when low mana. And you can also fight 2+ mobs at once and do this as well if you have a lot of bandages to recover the HP. A mob or two on pet, and you auto attacking a mob on yourself and auto shot the mobs on pet, using abilities when mana isnt low.

OK I can only say what I’ve seen and whenever I see a hunter level It’s like a train He sends pet to kill one thing things dies extremely fast and then he moves on to the next or she.

On top of that I would think you would just put aspect of the Viper on To Manna But still my point is it’s not like classes in Classic or TBC have the highest skill cap.

As far as melee weaving sure I could see it more in classics than it couldn’t TV see but still I would think your killing stuff so fast why would it matter.

Melee weaving while questing can increase kill speed by a lot.

Viper wasnt available until 64, which means leveking 1-64 didnt have that option.

Even staying in viper the hunter can oom when leveling.

Come wotlk viper returns damage done as mana, which means melee weaving will give more mana back when in viper (at the cost of damage)

Melee weaving will still be the best option up until maybe steady shot rank 2 is available. I havent looked at those sims yet but up until the hunter even gets aspect of the viper melee weaving is definatly the faster way to level, eveb if you still kust fight 1 mob at a time and melee weave it without adding extra mobs.

I mean 1st I can honestly say unless you are an arcane mage Is or a boomkin I don’t think I’ve ever seen A dps go oom in wrath No granted I mean a rat paladin So maybe that has something to do with it but still.

Honestly I can just see you killing stuff so fast I don’t think it’s going to matter Especially if you go survival for the Regeneration.

On top of that I do know bm falls off really hard in wrath so I would think most hunters would go Is survival and then marchman during toc.

I just don’t think it’s going to be as much of a thing because remember people are going to level extremely fast in wrath So I don’t think something like man a conservation is going to be the biggest deal.

I agree with you on just about everything on this thread, but hunters go oom a lot Especially out doing quests without raid buffs. When I was hardcore raiding Wrath, as SV Hunter, I had a druid innervate me on CD. I also carried Mana pots. BG’s having mage food is a must, also aspects mana is very minimal in TBC.

I mean again I can only go off my personal experiences and I didn’t really see hunters go oom But my point still stand Wrath classes Is are more difficult to learn than tbc or Classic.

And the argument that If you don’t level from 1 to 80 you’re not gonna know how to play your class is just silly to me

They’re not, though. They’re all pretty simple, but TBC you have limitations. Mana is a very real concern, and there are times Hunters have to switch from haste pots to mana pots just to keep DPSing.

Wrath changes that so that virtually every class/spec is foolproof - it’s really hard to fail catastrophically. They also remove a lot of the complexity that made specs viable, like seal twisting as Ret (and Ret was bad in TBC because nobody seal twisted), or synch/staggering as Enh.

Some specs can absolutely take more time to understand at face value in Wrath, but it’s a lot easier overall to master.

Well yeah I mean I play during wrath specifically I just don’t have really a vast knowledge of hunters But I do know manna across-the-board is pretty much not an issue unless your a.

Boome or a arcane mage Those are the only DPS classes I ever really saw go oom Consistently Yeah most definitely Ralph classes are way more complex but in a different way.

You actually have a rotation all classes do And the class balance is so much better Like honestly if I had it my way Give me wrath classes and wrath itemization with Tbc dungeons and raids.

You’re aware that many dungeon groups never got started back in the day, right? Before RDF was implemented, it was fairly futile to try to form a group unless a tank and a healer started the group. Even then, interest was low outside of daily dungeon quests.

If groups aren’t happening, player agency doesn’t really matter.

7 Likes

I think the only low level dungeon I did during leveling in WotLK back then was RFC one time. For some other dungeons I just asked a max level guild member if they could “boost” me through dungeons for the quests or for some XP.
There was no point in searching for hours and it certainly didn’t feel good, seeing that there’s a tank missing in the group and knowing that further searching could be a waste of time.

8 Likes