[WotLK] Let's talk Dungeon Finder

A very high parse doesn’t necessarily mean you play exceedingly well. To parse at the highest, certain things are required - generally ignoring mechanics that cause a DPS loss and tunneling buffs/CDs.

What do you mean Healers and tanks do you have parces I know because I’m friends with 3 healers And I’ve looked at parses it’s all the amount of healing you’re doing but depending on the fight you’re not going to parswell.

For example if there’s a fight where you kind of have to wait a little bit before you start pumping or other things where you have to go in-and-out for DPS your parces are going to be overall worse not because you’re damaged your damages lower but because you have less opportunities to hit the boss.

And even on casters you’re going to be limited by Mana well at least until wrath we’ll have to see actually how that works out but still.

There are situations where you can’t just judge by a parse or logs and that’s why I don’t like doing an overall oh if your logs are parses are bad you’re not a good player that’s not how that works.

The question should Always be asked well why did they get a bad part what were they doing during the fight.

And the issue is people don’t have the common sense to do that and nor do they have the patience to do that

Shadowlands is also there. Go play that if you want instant gratification.

1. How do you feel about Dungeon Finder not being added to WotLK Classic?
    it sucks…it needs to be in the game at launch.

2. What do you think are the positives of having Dungeon Finder?
    helps you find groups when you arent feeling like making one or your guild is offline
    because you arent playing at the normal(peak) time. or you just enjoy grouping
    quickly and doing a dungeon.

3. What do you think are the negatives of having Dungeon Finder?
    none at all, if you dont want to group with randoms you dont have to just dont queue
    for them and wait till your friends are online. community division is normal and is not
    always bad, some people will never use dungeon finder and that is ok, and others will
    only use dungeon finder and thats cool too, but if you remove it you kill one group
    and have no effect on the other.

4. Do you think an hybrid solution could be implemented, whether it be a partial Dungeon Finder or a different solution altogether, and what could that solution be, if you can think of any?
    not that i can think of, the pick a role and click queue is a hard system to beat.
    it worked fine then and seems to still to this day in other versions of wow and other
    games.

3 Likes

This. I only played the occasional trials during Vanilla and TBC as HALO 2, CS, then HALO 3 , GAT4 and COD MW took up all my time.

With Classic coming out, I played through Vanilla to experience the game how it was without its QoL stuff it has now, and then play through TBC as I had played WC3, and wanted to experience it without the QoL changes retail has now, and I have thoroughly had fun with it and Vanilla Classic, even though both were a time sink.

I was hoping for WotLK Classic how it was back when it was released with minimal changes/updates so I can relive the game how it was back then. But here we are with challenge modes being added and what not.

“Parses/Parse/Parsing” is a plague, almost as bad as “Gearscore”.

If they’re gonna break anything break Gearscore. This addon will bar more alts and players from dungeons than anything else and will force re-implementation of the RDF so new characters/players can actually see the inside of one.

I would also like to know the reasoning behind reversing a decision made by the 2008 developers.

Break it? They’ve reinforced its necessity by adding Mythic+ to Wrath.

2 Likes

M+2 has no challenge yet people still gatekeep and want 250-280 ilvl to join their groups. You could easily do the dungeon at 210.

We both know why they are bringing a M+ version to Wrath, revenue, it keeps people subbing and next will be “seasons”. Same goes for no DF, more level 60 and 70 boosts ie more revenue. All of the changes have nothing to do with the minority No DF crowd, they are being used, is ALL about increased revenue. This modern WoW, classic or retail, care nothing of the community not the game they produce unless it can create more revenue for them. We are $ to them, nothing more nothing less.

1 Like

I shall be spending a couple hours tomorrow going through some of these trolls post history and mass flagging.

1 Like

I already get it in TBCC. I put myself in the LFG tool, sit in town waiting for an invite, get invite, get summoned, complete dungeon without any conversation happening, then the mage ports me back to the city lol. How does not adding RDF fix this?

1 Like

It doesn’t “fix” anything. The lost social aspect has been the crutch of all anti’s arguments and that random people was the ruination of WoW society. The reality is that for 5-mans you just need warm bodies. They seem to think that when someone whispers “need dps?” it’s wholesome social activity.

5 Likes

It doesn’t need to be fixed. You’re playing an adventure in a big world in which traveling and time consumption is a key feature.

Just because you choose to not interact does not mean that a feature that forces noninteractive play should be forced in everyone, as it will create even more of a silent/single player “experience” than we already have.

Your “problem” is only a thing on the megaservers anyhow. The smaller servers (not the dead ones) have plenty of communication and relationship building.

But its not forced on everyone, no one is forcing you to use it. I transferred to a mega server because the smaller server (not dead) that I was on it was difficult to find groups. I don’t always play at peak hours and its nice to find groups at these not peak hours. I love how your argument is not being forced to play how I want by forcing me to play how you want! Did you learn your hypocrisy from Blizzard?

HaHaHa.

Tell me you dont know how hunter rotation works without telling me you dont know how hunter rotation works.

Tbc hunter rotation is very complex due to how it changes with haste values changing mid fight. Especially if you add melee weaving in.

TBC Hunter was very complex LMAO I didn’t raid TBCC because of how boring the class, and raiding in general, was. TBCC Hunter makes retail BM seem complex lol you are either bad at retail or bad at trolling. The Classic game is FAR easier than retail in every way, that’s why raids are cleared the day they are released and why Blizzard is tuning them to be more difficult, which I’m against BTW I want Classic to be exactly as it was.

2 Likes

Ok, so you dont know the hunter rotation, got it.

You realize it changes with haste procs, melee weaving, exc. Right?

Its only simple if you let it be.

If you are doing the melee weaving and adjusting per haste values it is one of, if not the most complex rotations in tbc.

So if hunter bored you to not raid in tbc, you didnt raid at all in tbc.

I really don’t care one way or another (maybe a little more for DF than against) but this is always such a disingenuous argument.

“No one’s FORCING you. Just everyone around you will be using it and you’ll get left behind in prebis grind, no one will respond to your LFG calls, etc. But no one’s FORCING you.”

Get real, come on lol.

Says the level 10 Hunter lol you have no clue on what a complex rotation is SMH. The most complex things in Classic is attunements and crafting, everything else is faceroll bro. Your really going to have a problem in Wrath when outside of CD’s you have more than 3 buttons to push.