WOTLK Dying much faster than anticipated

I was super hyped for wrath. my favorite xpac hands down. There’s 3 glaring problems though.

1. Servers locked / dead servers.

Servers need to be unlocked and consolidated, 90% of people would rather have a short que than play on dead servers. Also maybe open free transfers for servers with major faction imbalance. If over 70/30, allow the higher pop faction to transfer or faction change.

1. Arenas.

Stemming from the server problems, there are barely anyone to que Arenas with on most servers. Arena’s are the only end game for your main character’s right now, if you don’t have an alt(s), there is 0 content other than arenas currently. We need an mmr fix/change, cross server arena ques ( we already que into other servers, let us que with other servers) - solves the inactivity of most servers problem, also will inflate rating with more people playing, solves the arena gear rating wall for most low xp players that are suffering now, with a would be now influx of people playing with more accessible ques.

1. No RDF / Cross Server Btag Gameplay

We’re forced to play on our locked servers, but can’t play with RL / Btag friends?

No RDF is killing the 1st 2 categories also. No one wants to level an alt on a dead server with no RDF to find a group, lowering server activity in general, and also lowering arena ladder activity / inflation.

These 3 problems intertwined are killing the Wotlk experience… not to mention 30 day wait times on open tickets and 0 customer support. Something needs to happen… fast. or Wotlk won’t exist when DF launches.

121 Likes

I agree that arenas are the only true and challenging end game in WOTLKC right now; that said its a player made issue. The players have chosen parsing extremely easy content to be the end game despite there being a perfectly viable real end game in arena.

You cant force people to do the content if they dont want too.

6 Likes

The problem is, 80% of the arena players are on 2 servers, that are locked, and most other servers don’t have active arena participation, killing off any players that actually are trying to play Arenas, since they can’t find partners.

27 Likes

Those two servers are also RMT PvE paradises with people actively paying to be boosted to gladiator.

Welcome to classic.
The game was rigged from the start.

19 Likes

While I am not a proponent of locking servers, I don’t feel like the game is dying. I’m having fun and even still making friends.

I just got an alt to max level and ran some 10 mans. Met some new people, and even invited one to guild for our main raid!

There’s lots happening, if you look. If you have completed all achievements and have P1 bis for all your specs, then rather than complain that there’s no content other than arenas at max level, you could enjoy arenas, roll an alt, or even take a break and maybe have a shower :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

24 Likes

maybe you didn’t read my post.
Your server may be different than my server, since most are locked with unbalanced populations and no way to change it.

You also can’t que arena’s by yourself if your faction is the minority and there are barely any active pvp’ers on your server.

You also can’t level an alt on a dead server with no rdf, unless you want to waste 2 months of your life for no reason playing solo til 80. Can’t boost on fresh start servers that are no longer fresh, can’t transfer to populated locked servers. It’s lose lose situation.

26 Likes

We are both on Skyfury :call_me_hand:

I took the free transfers for my characters that we’re on Whitemane and Faerlina and brought them to Eranikus. We can change, but clearly some people aren’t embarrassed being on dead faction PvP servers.

2 Likes

unless you are in the sub 1500 bracket, there are no players to que arenas with on skyfury horde. I’ve sat in LFG and spamming channels for hours on end without finding xp’d/similar rated players to que with.

4 Likes

yeah im disappointed in wotlk and i heard it was one of the best xpac (which is why i came back to wow to see what was so good about it)… The server is dead, I completed all the raids and i didnt even know what I was doing except listen to people saying press 1-1-1-2 or stand there, my only enjoyment in wotlk is the daily fishing from dalaran and i sign out only having to open my back pack every 7 days to see if my egg hatched

5 Likes

Yep it’s unfortunate but classic gonna struggle here in the coming weeks.

Holidays + old tired raid.

I’m about to hang them up myself until ulduar.

9 Likes

It is kind of tough to just grab anyone and go. But, there are some pvpers around. Just gotta make some friends.

If you’re above 1500cr and have decent gear/xp, I run a weekly 5s at 5 on Monday nights; feel free to hum in game.

Holidays are gonna be a blast we got 2 big events coming up that are tied to META achievements.

2 Likes

I don’t even mind waiting for the next tier of content… the problem is there is no content available now, if you can’t que arenas, and there are too many issues with arena participation / servers being locked right now, that could be solved easily, for us to have some type of end game activity until the next tier/season.

1 Like

I just saw a video that was posted some guy talking to the blizzard guy regarding when ulduar is released, he said it will be between March-April and all the items are nerf’d down to only be 5 item levels higher than the current stuff and they hope to keep that until oct-nov to reach TOC (Whatever that is) and ICC will be sometime in 2024

while i find that hard to believe, on the release schedule, they very well could put wotlk in throttled mode just to cruise until they’ve milked DF for the first 2 content updates.

i don’t mind the normal ulduar gear being toned down, the heroic/hardmode stuff will still remain the same ilvl. same with ICC afaik.

Its very obvious they have WOTLKC on the back burner for DF

1 Like

I think OP needs a hobby to handle his stress from his job of playing WoW. Might I suggest learning to play an instrument?

9 Likes

the smallest violin

12 Likes

Probably true for the e-sport sweaty types & those that cheat/exploit-to-win - which is a lot of people.

2 Likes

i’ve learned an instrument already, i also have barely played wow in a few weeks, because there’s no content.

It sucks when you have free time and cant even find a game thats enjoyable to play now a days because nothing is fun anymore.

I’m imagining you are a casual that just hit 80 this week and are still enjoying the content. Thats good for you, but most of us have nothing to do anymore.

8 Likes