WOTLK doesn't need RDF

Blizz when do we get our titles and mount?

Next reset, if you are refering to the pvp season rewards.

it didnt include my bracket title so i can see the confusion. I had FORUM GLADIATOR in “<>” brackets but it didn’t show

No, not for PVP, for this TOME of a thread Zipzo has going where we only talk in circular arguments. Feel like a reward is due for it lol.

1 Like

Classic isnt for everybody.

3 Likes

This. First character or two, you level the old-fashioned way to keep the world full and social while everyone is out in it together. Then open it up so people can reliably find groups when the population (especially at lower levels) inevitably begins to dwindle.

So its not for the vast majority of people who play then?

That depends. Does the majority want to play old school? You just made a lengthy post that said we thought we did but obviously didnt that has “go to retail” written all over it so Im gonna hazard a wild guess here and say no, thats not what the majority wants.

It looks like the majority wants to kill some time before they depart for the new retail dragon expansion.

I dont think they are the target demographic for an old school game. What are your thoughts?

1 Like

Never said anything about retail. And you’re dead wrong. You’re saying nobody did the world buff meta or uses LFG bulletin board? Nobody does GDKPs? Or splits? Or parses?

Classic =/= Vanilla my friend. You got a better vanilla experience on Elysium/Lightbringer and Nostalirus instead of Classic. Classic is played in an entirely different manner, and thus the devs should listen to those who put in the most time, not the “muh community” that barely plays or participates in every piece of content.

1 Like

2k posts. I like it.

Thats not what Im saying - Im saying that classic was supposed to be a thing because a select group wanted to get away from the modern game and go old school - cuz yknow, Brack was crazy and didnt know what he was talking about. Everything you just listed isnt old school, its new school aka retail.

You have a lengthy post that basically says no one or next to no one wants really wanted old school gameplay and I agree. If you dont want old school classic WoW gameplay then ummm you really want something else. Im guessing people just cant admit it because being an actual fan and supporter of retail means youre a sellout hack fraud so they dodge the retail stigma mower blades and just bring it here - as you illustrated with that post.

100% agreed. But only because it wasnt sharing a sub with retail.

Actually they should just soak yall for what little this game and community is worth and then nuke the servers from orbit and sell “You think you do but you dont” tshirts on the cash shop for some extra laughs.

2 Likes

Actually they should just soak yall for what little this game and community is worth and then nuke the servers from orbit and sell “You think you do but you dont” tshirts on the cash shop for some extra laughs.
[/quote]

This is brilliant :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

But all those things were done in classic regularly, just because you’re playing an “old school game”, doesn’t mean you only can play it “old school”. All people wanted was dumb easy content that didn’t require you to have do 2 hours of dailies a day and contend with RNG to determine whether or not you got geared optimally. Outside of those things, the PvE content in retail is fine and for a good portion of classic, I was personally raiding mythic and regularly doing high keys in M+ concurrently. The systems surrounding PvE are what turn people off to retail.

I want a fun game. Playing Classic in an “old-school” manner was boring as hell. Implementing modern strategy made it more fun. What a shocker people want to play a fun game without baggage. Retail has more baggage than the baggage I mentioned Classic has and to an extent TBC has. You can’t circumvent the baggage that retail has but you could in Classic and in TBCC.

You also completely misread my post thinking I was advocating for people being a fan of “old school” elements in Classic. People liked the novelty sure, but that got as old as Maw dailies for gem sockets and conduits for 9.0. So people adapted.

Okay, I take back what I said. Your insults are pure fire. Roast away to your hearts content.

4 Likes

Seriously. One of the funniest things ive ever read on these forums

1 Like

I kinda agree with the caveat that those places were mega corrupt in terms of the people running them and they end up blowing up and you end up having wasted all your time.

I get what youre saying here and I agree but the original premise was that people wanted to play an older game that was more rewarding because it didnt have all the modern “QoL” features and required people to take that extra step. Instead, they just worked around it with everything you mentioned + copious amounts of RMT.

Again, I agree but its kind of contradictory from a player standpoint because they are partially responsible for the very systems they despise. If they didnt originally love dailies and borrowed power systems because they didnt like the old school approach that they used to like they wouldnt have gotten around to hating the modern systems they got brought in from hating all the other systems which they used to like.

So long story short, you thought you did but you didnt. The game was already fun. But please tell me how the modern strategy of paying a mage to afk level you after you buy third party gold is way better and vastly different than buying a retail boost and game gold off the cash shop because of the change in scenery.

In any event I just want to thank and compliment you for that post because I think you did a great job in exposing this joke of a community for the sham that they are.

I hate leveling, I hate old school gameplay elements, I hate traveling, I hate earning gold but I love Classic. Makes a ton of sense.

2 Likes

I spent a lot of time on Nostalrus but the best pserver experience I had in terms of community was Kronos but probably only because it was far less popular and I had friends there. Yeah they all had problems because yknow, humans, but they were still leagues better than this mess. Rarely was anyone telling anyone you couldnt join in the reindeer games because your parses were the wrong color and your spec is off by two points.

No one was straight facedly telling anyone ‘dont complain about premades, just organize your own 16 hours a day, ostracize anyone that didnt conform to a bracket and spend several hundred dollars in game gold we’re in the helping everyone business premade’.

Thats not excusing Blizz here either but their flaws are not as egregious.

As far the blowing up and disappearing thing pservers were your only option so you lived with that fear in your heart but you had no other choices if you wanted to play. If you were really desperate and afraid you could always run the pserver code on your pc and mess around solo but its not the same. Official servers are the same - better than nothing but not great.

Just as a side note Classic Era is obviously not as popular but the people who main the old game are there because they love that game and it shows in that community on both sides. Yeah sure, I cant get a Sunken Temple group going in 5 minutes mega server style but if I talk to some people we could get something set up for tomorrow or the next day. Its actually been really cool to spend time there in recent weeks.

2 Likes

Im really not trying to be insulting - not directly towards the poster anyway. Its nothing personal - its never personal with me. I cant help it if people take it that way.

Its simply to punctuate my very valid criticisms - in this case the consensus orthodoxy in regard to game development right on the heels of an admission that consensus should stay as far away from development as possible.

If the players were in charge we’d be in some meta dystopian p2w hell.

2 Likes

Right on!

I’m against the full removal of LFD from WrathC but I think many of the arguments people are using for it’s inclusion are completely wrongheaded.

The argument that “you don’t have to use it” is stubbornly nonsensical.

Some design goals are intentionally inconvenient - by design.

This is because the devs are trying to incentivise behaviours that are lacking intrinsic incentive (i.e. people don’t want to talk to others and want to be left alone in a game where the devs want people to talk to others and form bonds). In this situation, pandering to the communities bias (not interacting with others) works against the developers aims.

Now, if a feature is added that fits the desire for players to not have to talk to people or interact - players will use that feature. Why would Blizzard add a feature they know will further incentivise behaviour they want to discourage? That’s their reasoning here - to discourage raid logging and passively progressing through the content without initiating contact with others.

I get that. And I get that if the LFD is added it WILL be used by almost EVERYONE. Because it is adding more convenience.

If you’re trying to get people to behave in a different way, then adding a feature that rewards them for behaving in the way you don’t want is nonsensical. This is so obvious it shouldn’t need to be said but here we are.

People can still form their own groups but the point is they won’t want to.

The argument is like saying “give everyone Tier 6 sets in the mail and people that don’t like it don’t have to wear it”. It’s a patently ridiculous argument.

Now, I am pro LFD, why? Because it’s part of the warts and all authentic WoTLK experience. I don’t think the game needs to be “improved”. I think the horse has pretty much bolted on “boosting server community”. In reality, WoTLKC is really just a way to milk the success of Classic.

But some of the other arguments for adding it are frankly desperate and illogical. Even as someone opposed to the LFD removal I can see what Blizzards argument is. I get it. I don’t agree with it but I get it. It’s pretty flipping obvious, and some of the counter arguments being made are plain dumb.

1 Like