WOTLK doesn't need RDF

100% agreed.

Totally. Hype as hell to throw this lvl 40 blue in the bin though it has served me well…

Personally im just excited we can play this game without resorting to some shady russian server. I find it mind-blowing that people care this much about the LFD topic, to let it get in the way of the hype. Honestly its commentary on society… always finding something to disagree over and fight about.

When blizzard announced wotlk classic, the last thing i imagined was the forums being flooded with LFD fighting. I was hoping for theorycrafting, pvp discussions, dungeon comps, etc. I never thought id say this but i think i prefer reddit these days for actual fun discussion and threads.

It’s not that I care about a random Q, I just know the importance of getting those two daily badges. Spamming chat is not my idea of good engaging gameplay.

You’ll live.

I would hope so. It’s just a game.

Right, which is why we dont need RDF.

And I disagree so… Yeah.

And the devs disagree with you.

I want RDF too its just in the cards. Oh well.

We could all panic and despair or we could say who gives a crap?

Oh well indeed.

It really doesn’t matter which route they choose because in the end Wrath will be dominated by bots and RMT. As much as I keep telling myself how fun it will be, it’s gonna be bots, bots and more bots wrecking everything.

1 Like

Thats why Im of the opinion that RDF should be in there. Youre not really accomplishing anything by keeping it out.

It aint my call though.

he wont get mad, he is just a troll. Its whatever for him.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t They have done mercenary mode instead? Or not have done anything at all? Personally speaking, they shouldn’t have done anything. But they did, if people are actually ok with these subtle changes, then why not RDF? How is it that this one feature is now all of a sudden worse? I find the pvp variant to be worse. You’re actually cheating your pvp for a skirmish.

1 Like

Ah so clicking a button and then staring at the wall is super engaging gameplay then.

…and since I know your response is going to be some variation of “well I can do things while I am queued”, yeah, same with watching LFG.

The actual group formation process for either method is not particular “engaging gameplay”. It’s not supposed to be, it’s meant to be a practice in logistics. Difference being the game just does it for you with RDF, which is a no-no.

You can even make yourself available for a dungeon and wait for someone to whisper you, no “watching LFG required”, though it will be quicker if you actually engage with other players.

This “I don’t like watching LFG spam, I don’t find it to be good gameplay” narrative has to die because it’s so spectacularly contradictory and besides the actual point.

No. You’re being dishonest.

3 Likes

About what? Praytell?

RDF is literally “set it and forget it” - it’s not even gameplay, but it lets you engage in just about any other gameplay while you wait. Unless you’re a tank in which case you don’t wait. At all. To make those idiotic comparisons you’d have to be wholly dishonest or simply never have used either to any extent . Which is just a different type of dishonesty.

I don’t like to play the logistical manager in WoW and it doesn’t add a meaningful component to require it for 5-player content.

1 Like

just as much as blizzard doesnt need my boost money.

Literally no activity or feature in a classic MMORPG should be “set it and forget it”.

This is why the mission table is criticized.

So they need to delete flightmasters?

1 Like

I wouldn’t be opposed. I’m not going to campaign for its removal but if it happened that’d be interesting (just like RDFs removal).

I’d argue it’s not the same. A service like griffins flying people places could reasonably actually exist within this fantasy world, and you actually have to sit out the whole flight and are unable to do anything for the duration other than witness the flight itself.

Something like RDF defies all [immersive fantasy world] logic completely.

2 Likes