Wotlk dead 2 months in

Once people comeback from all over to play wrath and realize how gdkp is the meta People will quit.

Even using lfg bulletin you can barley find actual groups. Everything is looking for buyers / sellers / carries.

Of course boosts and carries have been around forever but they have never been the meta or as crazy out of hand as they are now.

Obviously blizz does not play tbc . How can anyone log on and spend 5 mins looking at LFG chat and not see there is a problem.

51 Likes

True. And nothing can be done about it.

Even if there were to completly eradicate gold selling GDKP would still exist but with lower bids.

WOTLK raids were done in PuG by the 2008 playerbase, so, yeah, GDKP are gonna be rampant in Wrath.

What’s the issue ? Joining a guild in a MMORPG ? If they can’t do that, then yeah, maybe they should quit.

3 Likes

Its because gdkp is the superior looting system for pugging.

9 Likes

No, it’s the superior looting system for gold buyers.

54 Likes

You take away all RMT and gdkp still is the superior looting system for pugs

8 Likes

True. But, as i said, even if there were completly eradicating gold selling GDKP would still exist and people would be complaing about having to farm golds.

“I don’t have X hours to farm/play the game, so i can’t afford items in GDKP because of the bad guys who invest more time into the game than me”

1 Like

Eh, we’ll see. I am curious to see how the expansion does, as Classic TBC was a large let-down for me, but I have played 3.3.5 PServers for over 5 years at this point and they’re still a blast.

TBC PServers historically flopped months in every time. There’s a reason Wrath servers do so well

From an economy standpoint, if there is less gold in the game, then players, on average, will all have less gold. This means that items in GDKP’s will also sell for less, meaning its still a legitimate way to gear a toon that doesn’t buy gold.

Wrath does well because its just the overall better game. It has QoL features, such as RDF that a huge factor in leveling and gearing. The raids and itemization are vastly superior to TBC and Vanilla. All classes are viable. PvP is better, etc. List goes on but I think you get the point.

7 Likes

TBC has no incentive to keep the old content relevant, what did you expect would come from that

If p1 tbc didn’t kill the game… p1 wotlk will be fine.

3 Likes

The game will continue to get worse for pugs.

Join guilds.

5 Likes

gdkp is for alts, last-phase content, or people who refuse to join a guild. to 90% of normal players it is a good thing since it helps us get gold on our alts just for carrying swipes for a couple hours. i don’t understand the hate for it

3 Likes

Two weeks to level, two weeks to realize they can’t find a 5-man group. I think 2 months is generous. It won’t take very long for players to quit because they don’t want to spam in chat to progress.

10 Likes

there are:

-Guild runs
-Gdkp
and
far
far
at the end of the barrel

-Pugs

Youz folks keep saying Guilds and gold and pugs.

There will be an influx of new players who will not have an established guild. Will not have gold. And spamming in chat for a pug is a poor way at best to find a group.

4 Likes

it will real hard for them
the classic elitism will be at its peak in wrath
new player? no gear? no parses? no achi? no GOLD!!??
phew

3 Likes

You think randoms are just going to fire up Wrath? With no existing social connections?

Doubt.

I see so many complaints about this, and I guess it probably varies from server to server, but I see a LOT of SR and MS>OS pugs in chat too. Obviously GDKPs too, but they definitely don’t seem to be the majority of raid pugs I see or join.

Yes. Yes I do. I also think people bailed on classic early and are only playing TBC to get ready for wrath. I see a lot of lvl 70 boosts coming in too. Wrath was the most popular expansion.

People are waiting for this one and the launch is going to be huge. IF they do wrath like they’re handling TBC group building, they just won’t stay.

12 Likes

Wrath was the king of GDKP back in the day on servers like Illidan… I would pug then once I had gear I would just go to gdkps to make gold… GDKP isnt something new it was crazy back in wrath since you have 4 different versions of TOC/ICC it was ripe for this sort of thing.