WOTLK Classic - Create servers with/without RDF

Quit being lazy Blizzard…Do you really want to cater to that minority? Just make them a server, and click the DISABLE button on RDF. DONE. You’re welcome. Everybody wins.

WOTLK did pretty well with RDF. Stop trying to sell us stuff we don’t want. You are going to lose players, and the boosts you sell won’t compensate for the loss.

16 Likes

let’s revisit this when the 3.3 patchnotes are posted.

That would be a silly time to find out if you were on a server that has RDF or not…Be better to know that up front. It would be better to have an outline from Blizz what their plan is so some of us could decide it we are going to waste our time on WOTLK classic or not.

Not just simply stating “NO Dungeon Finder” Umm what? Not even LFR? EVER?

Let the progressives play together. Just say you are going to activate RDF down the line and that’s good enough for me…but they haven’t done that yet.

Best advice to Blizzard Ive seen so far. Add servers with and without or have a toggle button. You’re a genius. Thank you.

2 Likes

I saw a couple tweets at the director begging for this, but they got no response. I think this is the perfect solution that lets players play how they actually remember classic, while players who want to stay in the vanilla/bc grouping can do so on another server.

3 Likes

“Okay, we’re heading into Classic Wrath, the most popular expansion ever. It was nearly perfect.”

“Right, so don’t change anything, just recreate it and maybe fix gold boosting?”

“No, here’s a huge list of changes we’re going to make.”

“Um. What?”

6 Likes

They wont do this because the Non RDF servers would be ghost towns. The dirty secret is most players will chose RDF and only those few Classic Andy’s will be on the “Pure servers”

3 Likes

Agreed. It’s abundantly clear from current classic TBC player behavior that players want convenience and fun first and foremost.

3 Likes

The thing Blizzard doesn’t seem to understand is the same people that want RDF are more than willing to sever our relationship with Blizzard over its exclusion.

3 Likes

I hadn’t played for over a year. I leveled this druid to play Wrath classic. I’m okay going through my backlog of steam games instead.

I’ll try Wrath with the #manychanges and possibly try fresh, but the player confidence in fresh is not good right now. I’ll see how the LFG tool does. The community council forums are trying to tell the LFG devs it has serious issues so far. Maybe it will be good by launch, but we have no influence on that so it will be what it will be.

I know they aren’t listening to feedback, so there’s no reason to demand things. I’ll just not play, again. It won’t matter to anyone, which is fine. Getting away from the WoW addiction for a year was nice. I recommend it to anyone every once in awhile.

1 Like

When they confirmed Wrath Classic but before they announced no RDF I started playing TBC again. Originally I had leveled my Hunter to 70 and quit because TBC was Boring to me. I spent money transferring multiple characters to another server for Wrath, spent time leveling them up. Then the announcement that RDF was out came and I simply stopped again.

The butterfly effect of this is I also decided not to play Dragonflight as a way of telling blizzard I am not a happy customer.

I know for a fact I am not alone in this.

3 Likes

It’s weird how divisive of an issue this is. Personally I’m for not changing anything just on principal, but for this particular thing I could not care less.

Since they are finally trying to stop gold boost leveling, once Wrath launches there will be some level of outcry if the LFG replacement tool isn’t good.

I’m worried fresh servers in particular will be hit hard by players not wanting to quest grind for the umpteenth time. Maybe I’m wrong :person_shrugging:

The people that want RDF know how much better the game will be after 2 years of slugging through lfg spam and having to wait forever to find groups. Without RDF they know what their gonna have to deal with, and they dont like that.

The people that don’t want RDF believe its implementation will ruin the game and that its the reason retail became retail. These people typically haven’t played the last two years.

2 Likes

I don’t believe it changes the game much at all.

Do you have a max level character? How many alts do you have? And do you believe you even play the game enough to know what changes the game?

These things are relevant to having an informed opinion.

1 Like

Dude… RDF was incorporated midway into wotlk… we still had to level from 70-80 and 50% of the game. Blizzard does not want you RDFing through the whole game.

It doesn’t matter tho bro. You think people aren’t going to group up and run to the first eligible dungeon the EXACT second the game launches in full sunwell tier/weapons? They will do exactly As I say

Group with their 4 buddies, run to first dungeon, farm it out and move on to the next, rinse and repeat

You honestly don’t think no LFD is going to prevent this behavior?

If they want play the same content over and over again until their eyes bleed that’s their problem.

Doesn’t mean it should condoned.

Just remember your sunglasses, I guess.

I hold a neutral standpoint on wrath and LFD. I am simply pointing out to the other poster that removing LFD will change absolutely nothing with todays players in 2022 except make it to where they gotta run to the dungeon instead.

Non LFD crowd are gaining absolutely nothing

2 Likes