WOTLK Classic already has Random Dungeon Finder

The leveling experience is already junk if you are trying to do it via dungeons. Yes most will not make it, leveling is already needlessly tedious with the 50% buff.

Many people will silently quit the game because it does not have RDF.

3 Likes

The time for speaking up on that was… 2 years ago. Where were you when we first embraced #SomeChanges?

Because it was a mistake.

Yes, Wrath is the start of the Retail RDF tool and multiple retail expansions it was used to run dungeons at max level. Nice try, Failed again.

You are wrong, sorry, get over it, and no, proving you wrong doesn’t make me a troll either.

1 Like

In reality it’s not even about the dungeons though. When wrath drops a new player can level 1-70 and only see maybe 5-6 people in the world during that time. At that point you aren’t even playing an MMO you are playing a RPG with boring *** quest

So RDF actually puts you in a MMO… Not a long winded drawn out RPG that feel insignificant

4 Likes

But you’d see a lot of people in dungeons. I don’t understand why Blizz thinks that has no value.

3 Likes

What? How was it a mistake to remedy the problems… the same problems we’re facing today where folks are playing on underpopulated factions or underpopulated realms and cannot find groups for content?

Why the heck do folks have to suffer because they cannot find groups? What’s the remedy for that?

Server transfer? Realm merges?

Oh wait…

OH WAIT…

They already did realm merges! Oh, but what about those communities? Oh no? Those realms should have remained online with their dwindling communities so they could enjoy the torment that is spending an unreasonable amount of time looking for a group.

Don’t tell me Classic WoW doesn’t need RDF because of “community” when they’ve already merged servers due to dying populations. There was clearly a population problem. We’re going to see it again.

3 Likes

You’d see more people in dungeons and a ruined dungeon social experience, ruined immersion and a whole host of bad choices.

Overall RDF is not worth it even in the slightest

1 Like

if what you say is true then why not add the real thing?

Devs hate him, local death knight solves the LFD problem in minutes with this one weird trick.

1 Like

Don’t try to talk reason to Bloomer. He’s just a troll.

1 Like

It remedied the problems by killing the social fabrics of the game? What are you failing to understand here?

When the problems a fix is trying to address end up being less problematic than the NEW problems your fix created, said fix is a mistake. It’s simple to follow and understand.

You know what really killed the social fabric of the game for folks on dead realms? Taking their realms offline.

You folks would rather have servers die and merged than allow people to play cross-server.

Lets save server identity by killing servers! Makes perfect sense.

3 Likes

If I had to read it a few times and decipher this phrase like hieroglyphics, maybe it’s not so simple to follow.

you clearly don’t know what random dungeon finder even means

What do you mean? Taking them offline and consolidating them into a bigger more healthy realm? You think that killed the social fabric of the game?

There is no social fabric if you can’t invite someone to your guild. If you can’t add them to your friends list. If you can’t even trade with them. That’s what you continuously fail to understand. Players become NPCs when they’re cross realm. Where have you been for the last 15 years? We’ve seen this song and dance before.

It’s restarting a server and creating a new identity. What are you not understanding?

It’s simple for those that can read.

1 Like

So to save the identity of a server, instead of keeping that server alive and allowing them to play with other servers, we have to kill the server and merge it?

So to save the identity of the server, we have to destroy it? I’m still not understanding your point.

1 Like

Server idenity is long dead anyway if we have to introduce cross-realm. Do you… do you genuinely think about these things at all?

I’m not sure why you have convinced yourself that merging is killing. It’s quite the opposite actually. It’s breathing fresh life into the server.

At no point is the identity of a server being destroyed in a merge. Do you even know what server identity means?

I can see that.

1 Like

No, we get to. The Classic train keeps on movin’! No retail need apply.

That is correct!

Being able to queue for a bg from anywhere, although rpg breaking imo, is still more consistent with warcraft though. War is in the name. It denotes a world where conflict can flare up in a moments notice.