Wot in an Oppressed Nation

Dinosaurs are a dreadfully underutilized tool in horror and it’s quite frankly a shame i mean come on imagine this scene remade with modern graphics.

That was the only version of this scene that i could find that was not part of a fetish reel and i am equal parts horrified and depressed by that.

1 Like

Oh man the T-Rex. I remember being terrified of playing Dino Crisis 2 and I’m pretty sure that was more action oriented than horror straight out. I agree that dinos are underutilized for the concept as well. Th-…

…oh my goodness.

Alien: Isolation but with dinosaurs.

Dinosaur: AAAAGH! ?

I actually think I saw a vid once about a survival horror dinosaur game where you go to some kind of camp place looking for a relative, and begin to figure out that something really bad happened because the place had actually been abandoned for years or some such and of course, it turns out there’s Dinosaurs! Can’t remember what it was called though…

1 Like

I’m now remembering I need to do more dinosaur adventures with my Blood Elf Dinosaur Hunter.

Yeah Dino crisis 2 pretty much abandons horror to go full on action complete with kill streaks and bonus points for big streaks and no damage.

It’s also the first game i tried to speed run but sadly could never get my time below two hours

I got really good at that game, but I could never quite get so good as to avoid being damaged. I still remember the first time I encountered the tank section in that game, when you reach Edward City after …well, after the unfortunate massacre of the surviving Humans there by like, an entire army of raptors.

And you get in this tank and it’s like ‘Awwww yis Ima gonna win!’ I shot the Rex a bunch of times, got damaged …twice? Three times I think? And it died.

And then as I was sitting there wondering what I was supposed to do, the Rex got back up.

Scariest part in the entire game. Scariest dinosaur even. That bloody Rex just wouldn’t die!

I guess that’s what happens when you take an RPG to the eye and survive, huh?

And then the Gigantosaurous shows up.

Oh yeah… that’s right. That bloody thing. D: I still can’t get over that you end up having to slay it with a freaking orbital laser system. I always felt bad for that dinosaur actually… he didn’t die quickly. :frowning:

And then Dino crisis 3 came out and ruined everything.

I never got to play it …fortunately. I remember reading about it somewhere and I was so confused. It was probably the first time I ever saw a game come out that ruined a franchise. Like …how did we go from Regina promising to come back and save the future or whatever was supposed to happen, to …whatever the heck Dino Crisis 3 was??

Bizarre.

How do I still remember Dino Crisis 2 so well, wth.

Because Dino crisis 2 was an amazing game and you always remember the gems.

Dino crisis 3 was really dumb and insulting “Dinosaurs in space BUT NOT NORMAL DINOSAURS NO MUTANT DINOSAURS LOOK HOW STUPID AND COOL MY CYBORG HYDRA T-REX IS”

And it was like “No this is bad.”

Good point!

Shudder …yeaaaaaah.

The only game that deserves to have mutant cyborg ninja lasor dinosaurs is Turok. Because Turok’s world was all kinds of strangeness thanks to the unique qualities of the Lost World.

The only thing i hate about dino crisis 2 is the first 30 seconds of this video.

Because first of all there is no way that dinosaur tanked a direct RPG to the side like that and SERIOUSLY THAT IS THE STUPIDEST DEATH

And it’s like REGINA DO SOMETHING I KNOW YOU HAVE THAT POD LAUNCHER

1 Like

Oh god no, David D:

Yeah that actually upset me. I loved David.

I never stopped to think about the fact that Allosaurus survived a rocket launcher like that. Huh …yeah that is bodgy, looking back. Should’ve had a second one come from behind him and chomp him as the first died or something.

1 Like

I understand that dinosaur scales are thick and would likely protect against damage.

But that is a rocket fired from what looks like ten feet away

Yeaaah. I do remember reading a comment on Youtube about a month ago now while watching some video of one of the Dino Crisis 2 osts (Dino crispo I think it was called, the final boss theme) and someone was talking about how the dinosaurs were ‘3rd Energy enhanced’ or something. Maybe that could account for their unusual toughness?

…I never even got to encounter the blue raptors. DAMN IT.

Ahh well, at least I can RP one!

Those blue raptors were like hidden bosses they had insane health and would kill you in only two hits and only spawned if you managed to get something crazy like a 50 kill no damage streak

…Wow. So basically if a Velociraptor got to max 200 armor shards and then ran through the Quad-Damage pick up.

An early case of “Oh you think you’re good at this game well have a taste of this.”